Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Two-Face and Robin - Link

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wilbertus

Hey everyone,

I have recently been re-reading some classic Batman arcs and I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. There seems to be an close link between Robin and Two-Face.

1) In Robin: Year One, the main antagonist is Two-Face.

2) In Nightwing: Year One, Alfred disguises himself as Two-Face for Jason Todd's final test to become Robin.

3) Of course, Two-Face is a part of Jason Todd's origin story as well, having killed his father.

4) In A Lonely Place Of Dying, where Tim Drake takes up the mantle of Robin, Two-Face is again the main antagonist.

(I'll let you be the judge if Joel Schumacher's inclusion of both Two-Face AND Robin in Batman Forever is additional support for this)

Is this common knowledge that I just wasn't aware of, or is this mere coincidence?

Curious to hear your thoughts!

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Black_Arrow

Hey everyone,

I have recently been re-reading some classic Batman arcs and I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. There seems to be an close link between Robin and Two-Face.

1) In Robin: Year One, the main antagonist is Two-Face.

2) In Nightwing: Year One, Alfred disguises himself as Two-Face for Jason Todd's final test to become Robin.

3) Of course, Two-Face is a part of Jason Todd's origin story as well, having killed his father.

4) In A Lonely Place Of Dying, where Tim Drake takes up the mantle of Robin, Two-Face is again the main antagonist.

(I'll let you be the judge if Joel Schumacher's inclusion of both Two-Face AND Robin in Batman Forever is additional support for this)

Is this common knowledge that I just wasn't aware of, or is this mere coincidence?

Curious to hear your thoughts!

This happens because Robin is another face from Batman( is the other side of the coin)

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@black_arrow: Ahhhh I knew I overlooked something. Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. Do you happen to know when this idea was first put forward?

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I don't know if that is the official reason, but it makes sense. Moreover, since the character has the obsetion with duality and the number two (giggle), it makes sense to include him in stories about the Batman/Robin duo. Plus Robin always kinda was the necessary part of Batman that kept him from his own dark side... it kind of makes sense.

Also let's not forget that two face is a major villain with a lot of personal links to Batman, like the Joker, so he will appear very often in very important stories. If you think about it, the Joker also has a close relationship to a lot of Robins (although not as important as the one you mentioned).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.