Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Tom Hardy Bane- your thoughts

• 83 results
    ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought he was very good. Not the best of the new cast but still very good. He definitely had the physical presence down. The scene where he break Batman's back is fantastic. I thought his voice was excellent. Yes, I wish it was a tiny bit clearer but I loved how his speech pattern sounded so sophisticated while he was such a beast physically. Added a layer of menace which I found very effective.

Darryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Darryl
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great character, mediocre movie.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I did not like him. He's a good actor, but that was not Bane.

Yes he was.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@entropy_aegis said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Yes he was.

Oh come on, other then the name what did he have in common with Bane?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

Yes he was.

Everything,other than the suit which was better and has been adapted in to the comics.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Yes he was.

Everything,other than the suit which was better and has been adapted in to the comics.

He has nothing in common with him from the comics, they are from different places, they have different origins, he doesn't have Venom, heck he doesn't even have the right accent (not to mention the weird breather thing)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Yes he was.

He has nothing in common with him from the comics, they are from different places, they have different origins, he doesn't have Venom, heck he doesn't even have the right accent (not to mention the weird breather thing)

I have read every comic with Bane in it,he's accurate.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Yes he was.

......Seriously? your going to tell me that is accur..... are you trying to troll me? (because it's working)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By entropy_aegis

@entropy_aegis said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Yes he was.

......Seriously? your going to tell me that is accur..... are you trying to troll me? (because it's working)

Nope not trolling,read Venom, Vengeance of Bane,Bane of the Demon,Bane(one shot),Secret Six and you'll notice many parallels.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Exactly, some parallels, but he is not the same character. Far to many creative liberties were taken.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By entropy_aegis

@entropy_aegis: Exactly, some parallels, but he is not the same character. Far to many creative liberties were taken.

They researched the character,understood him and used elements that most others would have ignored. Bane needed this depiction to break all the stereotypes attached to him, they used venom but didn't call it venom,the mask was just another variant of his delivery system.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: The mask was to null his pain, at no time in the film did we see him use a substance to stimulate his muscles. Not to mention he's not Hispanic, in the film, which is a big part of his character since he is known for being born in a Latin American prison. Not to mention the weird voice thing.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: The mask was to null his pain, at no time in the film did we see him use a substance to stimulate his muscles. Not to mention he's not Hispanic, in the film, which is a big part of his character since he is known for being born in a Latin American prison. Not to mention the weird voice thing.

The mask administered a chemical that kept his pain in check,and in doing so indirectly made him stronger. It's far closer to the venom conceived by Dennis O'Neal than the ridiculous roid it became under later hacks. Bane father was British,and he still grew up in a hell hole prison. The voice is subjective,I loved it many others did as well.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I could go on, but I'm just going to stop and say we can agree to disagree.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mask administered a chemical that kept his pain in check,and in doing so indirectly made him stronger. It's far closer to the venom conceived by Dennis O'Neal than the ridiculous roid it became under later hacks. Bane father was British,and he still grew up in a hell hole prison. The voice is subjective,I loved it many others did as well.

I hate when people use the Hispanic argument when Bane is half British. Also the accent makes sense because after all the years that Bane spent in solitary, the most likely thing is that he forgot how to speak and once they let him out of solitary, his jail mate, Bird was american and Bane relearned to speak with him, so it is likely that Bane has caught an American accent.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

I hate when people use the Hispanic argument when Bane is half British. Also the accent makes sense because after all the years that Bane spent in solitary, the most likely thing is that he forgot how to speak and once they let him out of solitary, his jail mate, Bird was american and Bane relearned to speak with him, so it is likely that Bane has caught an American accent.

I hate it even more when they use faulty,flawed depictions of Bane to lowball Hardy's Bane.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice reinvention i shame there was no venom use and that he was talia's pawn. Alas i still loved it.

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should have bulked up a bit more as he seemed a bit too skinny at times but otherwise he was the highlight of the movie.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@entropy_aegis said:

That's the point, they deviated from the source material. Then again that's how it seems to go for the Nolan films.

Living_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Hardy's Bane voice is my favorite voice to impersonate. It's kinda like Sean Connery speaking through a voice box.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@entropy_aegis said:

I hate it even more when they use faulty,flawed depictions of Bane to lowball Hardy's Bane.

Yep, the only other depiction that could be considered more faithful than this one, is the one from Arkham Origins in there they also got Bane really well.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, the Nolan bane costume was adapted into the comics?

Can I see?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: That's the type of Bane I wanted.

It is a good type of Bane but as the Arkham Batman, It doesn´t fit in the Nolan universe. But Nolan got the essense of both characters (he knew what they were) and he adapted them perfectly to his view.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can bitch all you want about that beautiful voice, but you have to admit dem traps were legendary.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrakmul: are you sh**ing me? Too skinny? You have to be trolling right now. No f**king way would any reasonable person call Hardy skinny in that movie.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrakmul: are you sh**ing me? Too skinny? You have to be trolling right now. No f**king way would any reasonable person call Hardy skinny in that movie.

He seemed a bit too small in scenes where he had his shirt on.

I was generally expecting more of this: http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31100000/Tom-Hardy-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-tom-hardy-31182447-634-960.jpg

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By entropy_aegis
    Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By infantfinite128

I hate that they made him so big, and are sticking with the Venom. I loved it, because of how it was introduced with the Venom story-line, and that he abandoned it after one story-line. If they want to stick with the Venom, the biggest I'd like him to get is like this:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

+ Lines were good

+ His actions were impressive and scary

- Stupid voice

- Stupid Design

Despite the negatives, 8/10

tec79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good portrayal by Hardy, I wood say at least Nolan captured the core of the character. No matter who was cast in the role they had a tough act to follow after Ledgers Joker and being in one of the most hyped films of all time. There was always going to be a strong negative reaction on the Internet. I personally rank Rises as the second best ending to a trilogy after The Good The Bad and The Ugly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.