To those that have read the Court of Owls and the Black Glove arc

#1 Posted by JoeEddie (481 posts) - - Show Bio

Which do you prefer and why?

#2 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Owls.

I like the art in the Court of Owls better. The stories in both are great. The come-back scenes were awesome, but I have to give it to Snyder for the Owl maze. Batman #5 and #6 are my two favorite comic books of all time.

#3 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Owls. if it was made into a movie it would be awesome.

#4 Edited by The_Tree (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Glove. The mystery was more interesting, the Batmen of All Nations were an odd but awesome bunch, the art was better, and it really delved into the mind of Bruce Wayne.

#5 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5006 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Owls was awesome

#6 Posted by Owen_Porter (83284 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough call call. Both were instant classics in my opinion. I preferred the Court of Owls though.

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison is an ideal Batman writer and he's written some of the best stories out there, that of which The Black Glove is included. Although, I enjoy Snyder more.

#8 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Owls

#9 Posted by hoole100 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Owls by far.

Black Glove just didnt grab my attention as much..

#10 Posted by JoeEddie (481 posts) - - Show Bio

I ordered Court of Owls online last week after hearing everyone talking about it. However, I was reading up on Black Glove yesterday here on ComicVine and it sounds like Batman was destroyed mentally and physically.So, it kind of has my interest to learn more. Is it true that the Court of Owls and Black Glove is basically the same story? I read that from a reviewer on Amazon. The reviewer was knocking Court of Owls and said that Black Glove was a better story

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

The Black Glove by far.@JoeEddie said:

I ordered Court of Owls online last week after hearing everyone talking about it. However, I was reading up on Black Glove yesterday here on ComicVine and it sounds like Batman was destroyed mentally and physically.So, it kind of has my interest to learn more. Is it true that the Court of Owls and Black Glove is basically the same story? I read that from a reviewer on Amazon. The reviewer was knocking Court of Owls and said that Black Glove was a better story

At first I did'nt wanna believe it but after 5 issues it was clear that the Court of Owls was just Black Glove redone for those who did'nt like the latter.

#12 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

The Black Glove by far.

#13 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeEddie said:

There are definite similarities between the stories, but I think there are enough differences in the style to justify Court of Owls as being different from Black Glove. Both are good stories, and in both of them Batman was broken down physically and mentally, and it was done masterfully in both.

#14 Posted by timelord786 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

i have to say the court of owls as it hooked me to itself from the first comic i read of it.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (13718 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Owls wasn't bad but Black Glove was something bigger and entertained me more.

#16 Posted by darkman61288 (673 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeEddie: That describes the new 52

#17 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

The Black Glove by far.@JoeEddie said:

At first I did'nt wanna believe it but after 5 issues it was clear that the Court of Owls was just Black Glove redone for those who did'nt like the latter.

Redone and dumbed down, but without the annoying Batmen of All Nations, thankfully.

#18 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked both a lot.

Both stories gave a sense of legitimate threat that I hadn't felt in Batman stories for some time. Both featured unknown enemies seemingly coming out of the blue.

If I were to want to reread one of them in the near future, it'd probably be Black Glove, just to see if I had sufficient clues to see who the villain was. I'll revisit Court of Owls when it's less fresh in my head.

#20 Posted by guardiandevil (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Owls, I was too wrapped up into the book to tear myself away lol.

#21 Posted by consolemaster001 (4480 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of owls

#22 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Court Of Owls was way better.

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (13718 posts) - - Show Bio

The Black Glove.

#24 Edited by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Glove is just part of a huge run that is the culmination of its parts. As a whole, that culmination is way better than Court of Owls and Night of Owls. I also believe that The Black Glove is a much better book, if only for the innovative paneling. Might be the best paneling I've ever seen.

#25 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Owls, I just loved it so much!!! Although Black Glove is pretty good though...

#26 Posted by consolemaster001 (4480 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of owls

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.