Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

"This just happened" - Cassandra Cain! :) (Spoiler Alert!)

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Batwing: Futures End #1 - Leviathan Rises

I haven't read the issue yet, but it does look, like it's her!!

Just see for yourselves:

No Caption Provided

It's exactly like her Pre-New-52 Black Bat costume, only a bit more purple, and well...apparently her hair is not black anymore...but i'm not sure, as far as i know, no-one from DC as confirmed it, yet.

The story, as you know, takes place 5 years in the future, and it's a "possible future", but still...i'm excited! :)

What do you think?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I read a review of it from Batman-news.com and they never made any mention of a possible Cassandra Cain debut. They pick up on character debuts pretty well so I don't think that is Cassandra Cain, just a random member of Batman Inc. Not to mention if she was going to debut, it wouldn't be in Futures End: Batwing.

In terms of how I would feel if she were to debut, I'd be torn because on the one hand I do like Cassandra Cain (even more than Stephanie Brown) but at the same time, the Batfamily does not need to get bigger, it needs to get much smaller. While the removal of Dick Grayson and the death of Damian might be an attempt at doing that, I also think that none of those moves are permanent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
    deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I read that she will show up, but I don't think this is her. I really like Cassandra Cain so I hope she does.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@youknowwhattodo said:

I read a review of it from Batman-news.com and they never made any mention of a possible Cassandra Cain debut. They pick up on character debuts pretty well so I don't think that is Cassandra Cain, just a random member of Batman Inc. Not to mention if she was going to debut, it wouldn't be in Futures End: Batwing.

In terms of how I would feel if she were to debut, I'd be torn because on the one hand I do like Cassandra Cain (even more than Stephanie Brown) but at the same time, the Batfamily does not need to get bigger, it needs to get much smaller. While the removal of Dick Grayson and the death of Damian might be an attempt at doing that, I also think that none of those moves are permanent.

Well, it's her Pre-New 52 Black Bat costume...there's no way to get around that...sadly, i think that she will be rebooted, and her origin changed...i don't think that she's even going to be Shiva's daughter anymore :(

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just see for yourselves:

No Caption Provided

It's exactly like her Pre-New-52 Black Bat costume, only a bit more purple, and well...apparently her hair is not black anymore...but i'm not sure, as far as i know, no-one from DC as confirmed it, yet.

The story, as you know, takes place 5 years in the future, and it's a "possible future", but still...i'm excited! :)

What do you think?

I think it may be Stephanie in a new costume that is similar to the one of Black Bat.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

Just see for yourselves:

No Caption Provided

What do you think?

I think it may be Stephanie in a new costume that is similar to the one of Black Bat.

That would be Dan Didio's final punch on Cassandra Cain...putting Steph using the iconic Black Bat costume...

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryman555: just look at what i found out like 3 hours ago! :)

It's not oficial yet, though...no-one on DC talked about it, or confirmed it.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: This conversation is just a roller coaster of feelings lol. I really hope it's her! but the different hair color is making me doubt it a little. Also always good to see more batman of japan!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't look like Cass. Her black bat costume wasn't anything very unique, just a suit with a bat symbol on it, I wouldn't be surprised if that girl just used a similar design. I also believe they would have advertised Cassandra and announced her return, and they would have kept her Asian with all the diversifying going on in DC and marvel

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if that young lady is called "Cassandra Cain," she's nothing like the original one. That doesn't even sound like something she would say, she can barely speak at all.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

Also, there's also this:

Batgirl - Futures End #1:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Second image, from left to right: Cassandra Cain, Helena bertinelli, Stephanie Brown.

Now, THIS is much more like it!!... :) if it's really Cass of course...

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I happen to agree with another Batman blogger, the first image is not Cassandra, its an artitst that was given a note reading: "Add lots of Batman Inc. members" and then just added her without thinking about it. The colorist did however and recolored her as a lazy form of editing.

Second image... I'll wait till it's confirmed, not getting my hopes back up after that thing with not-Donna from Action Comics.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batgirl Future Ends image looks more acceptable.

Agreed.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I happen to agree with another Batman blogger, the first image is not Cassandra, its an artitst that was given a note reading: "Add lots of Batman Inc. members" and then just added her without thinking about it. The colorist did however and recolored her as a lazy form of editing.

Second image... I'll wait till it's confirmed, not getting my hopes back up after that thing with not-Donna from Action Comics.

Honestly, if the "Black Bat" that appears on Batwing - Futures End #1 happens to not be Cass...but the "Batgirl" that appears on Batgirl - Futures End #1 is really Cass...i would be totally fine with that :)

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Cass already appear in the New 52? I believe she was in Batman, Incorporated and was codenamed Blackbat.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

##

Didn't Cass already appear in the New 52? I believe she was in Batman, Incorporated and was codenamed Blackbat.

I wish!..that was Pre-New-52 Batman Incorporated...in the New 52 so far, we only have some, "is it her?" shots...one on Batwing: Futures End #1 - Leviathan Rises and another on Batgirl - Futures End 1...and the one on Batgirl - Futures End 1, seems to be really her, but we still need confirmation from DC...

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@jayc1324 said:

Doesn't look like Cass. Her black bat costume wasn't anything very unique, just a suit with a bat symbol on it, I wouldn't be surprised if that girl just used a similar design. I also believe they would have advertised Cassandra and announced her return, and they would have kept her Asian with all the diversifying going on in DC and marvel

Well, her costume was pretty unique, i never saw anyone else wearing something even remotly close too her Black Bat costume...i also don't understand why she hasn't been advertised yet...yeah, her face and hair is also another thing that i don't understand...

@jayc1324 said:

Even if that young lady is called "Cassandra Cain," she's nothing like the original one. That doesn't even sound like something she would say, she can barely speak at all.

Well, that was a totally badass line, so i don't agree with you on that...as for her being mute, yeah, but she got better...still, they should have put the "..." between every 2 or 3 words.

Btw, what do you think, at the other possibility, though?...some images were revealed in a preview of Batgirl - Futures End 1, and it does look alot like cass...way more than the "Black Bat" from Batwing: Futures End #1 - Leviathan Rises

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.