This is seriously getting ridiculous (TDK #18 spoiler)

#1 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

How many women are running around with Batman's secret identity in their heads? Hey, Selina! I'm Bruce Wayne. Let's make out while Jim Lee sketches. Hey, Silver! I'm Bruce Wayne. Won't matter since you're dead at the end of this mini-series anyway. Hey, Sasha! I'm Bruce Wayne. Stop being mad at me. Hey, Shondra! I'm Bruce Wayne. It won't matter since you're getting locked up in a mental institution till the next reboot anyway. Hey, Jezebel! I'm Bruce Wayne. Now you know why I feign interest in you in such a transparent manner when we're on dates. Hey, Hal! I'm Bruce Wayne. Taking off my mask in the middle of the day on a city road, to prove that I'm as stupid as Geoff Johns thinks I am.

This from a character who's supposed to be King of the Paranoid Bastards.

#2 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

This seriously happened? Again? -.-

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

Next issue he's going to start carrying a gun.

#4 Edited by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

FOR SOMEONE WHOSE MEANT TO BE A LONER HE HAS A HUGE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WHO KNOW BATMAN IS BRUCE WAYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catwoman

alfred

red robin

red hood

nightwing

jezebel jet

hal jordan

aquaman

superman

flash

cyborg

wonder woman

batgirl

silver

sasha

shondra

ras al gul

thomas elliot

all of the black glove

and now this................

tutututut bruce

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what the hell is happenning.I dropped TDK a long time ago but this is just getting ridiculous.

#7 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

I don't know what the hell is happenning.I dropped TDK a long time ago but this is just getting ridiculous.

Same. On a nice note, maybe this is a death sentence for the girl (I don't even know her name).

#8 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, if I was Batman I'd be hitting the bars with that feather in my cap.

#9 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish there was more consistency with all the bat books. Shes not even mentioned in any other bat related title. Its almost as if TDK is set in a world of its own.

#10 Edited by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: Natalya something. She's an Ukrainian pianist if I remember correctly.

#12 Posted by Dernman (15105 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so stupid and what makes it worse is happens with a character NOBODY even cares about. DC Editorial is messing with everyone's books and changing things. Why didn't they step into this obviously dumb move.

#13 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

Her life expectancy should drop rather drastically after this issue. The women who know Batman's identity are divided into two different groups: the ones who have stories beyond a relationship with Batman (Selina, Sasha, Zatanna) and the ones who don't and consequently get killed off or locked away, like Jezebel, Silver and Shondra.

#14 Posted by consolemaster001 (5598 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM THIS IS WHO I AM

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like this could have been a bad trip for Batman....everything kind of got weird after he found the Hatter's drug laced tea bags...like Catwoman shows up out of nowhere which had absolutely nothing to do with the story and then he goes and shows that chick his secret identity....seems like a hallucination .... at least I hope it was

#17 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't even talk about Bats and Selina in the DcnU...it's painful.

#18 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6178 posts) - - Show Bio

I just dropped this piece of sh*t now I gotta get it again.

#19 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: Don't you hate it when that happens. You drop a title and then a issue that sparks your interest pops up.

#20 Edited by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

wow...

#21 Edited by MuyJingo (1765 posts) - - Show Bio

Still not as bad as him giving his identity to joker.

#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't even talk about Bats and Selina in the DcnU...it's painful.

Everything about the DCnU is painful.

This is less offensive than Bruce's portrayal in JL.

@muyjingo said:

Still not as bad as him giving his identity to joker.

Joker figured it out and didn't care (under Morrison's well written run), which is how it should be.

#23 Posted by MuyJingo (1765 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker figured it out and didn't care (under Morrison's well written run), which is how it should be.

In New 52, Bruce told Joker he was Batman. Idiotic, because if Joker didn't know he does now. If Joker was not 100%, he is now.

#24 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

And why hasn't this book been cancelled yet?

#25 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

And why hasn't this book been cancelled yet?

Because some of us are enjoying it. Plus, there are a lot more DC books doing worse in sales than this. Although to your credit it is the one of the weakest of the bat books

#26 Edited by entropy_aegis (15319 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for giving writers the freedom they need to write their stories but that was just unnecessary.

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: The book wasn't that bad after Hurwitz stepped in but his stories are still not doing enough for the book to be good and the only book that is worse than this in the Bat Universe is Catwoman.

#28 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: Yea, Catwoman is definitely terrible.

#29 Posted by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's... Odd. Very out of character for Bruce. Perhaps, as has been mentioned, the Mad Hatter has something to do with this? Seems like the kind of paranoia-fueled trip Bruce would go on... All this happens, then at the end everyone he told and/or cared about dies horribly. Possibly in an alley, possibly at gunpoint, definitely tragically.

If it's not an acid trip, that's dumb. What he just pulled is the kind of thing some newcomer hero not yet out of his 'teens would do for his girlfriend because he "absolutely loves her and can't stand to keep a secret from her" before she disappears from the title forever in two weeks.

#30 Posted by Tohoma (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@end_boss said:

Well that's... Odd. Very out of character for Bruce. Perhaps, as has been mentioned, the Mad Hatter has something to do with this? Seems like the kind of paranoia-fueled trip Bruce would go on... All this happens, then at the end everyone he told and/or cared about dies horribly. Possibly in an alley, possibly at gunpoint, definitely tragically.

If it's not an acid trip, that's dumb. What he just pulled is the kind of thing some newcomer hero not yet out of his 'teens would do for his girlfriend because he "absolutely loves her and can't stand to keep a secret from her" before she disappears from the title forever in two weeks.

I didn't even think about that. With Mad Hatter involved, it's definitely possible. Otherwise, I just assume she's going to die. Stupid either way. I already dropped this book, and doubt I'll go back. Like others have mentioned, it seems to be its own little world without connecting to the others. At the start I assumed that it was chronicling his early time as Batman, but I'm not sure that's the case, and without that to mitigate things, I can't tolerate it anymore.

#32 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

...I finally get the joke HISHE meant.

#33 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they'd put Brubaker on Catwoman and do kind of a soft reboot like they did with Green Arrow.

That book is just...bad doesn't really begin to cover it.

#34 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

...I finally get the joke HISHE meant.

Hey. Wanna know my secret identity?

#35 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: I think this is the real question here.

Secret identities are becoming a lost art.

#37 Posted by glfmntn (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Just gives me another thing to make me glad I dropped this book.

#38 Posted by consolemaster001 (5598 posts) - - Show Bio

"Hey baby, wanna know my secret identity."

#39 Edited by Hanson724 (561 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he's hallucinating. It seemed odd that all of a sudden he decided to tell her he was Batman. Other than that I really like this book. One of the things I like about it is that it's not really connected to the others. Other then the obligatory cross-overs which I hope DC takes a break on. The scene where Tweedle Dee ( or is it Dum? Always get them confused) is telling Batman about all the injuries and operations he had to have from Batmans signature flying boot to the face move and Batmans reaction as great.

#40 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman likes to show off....

After all,he 's Batman....

#41 Posted by consolemaster001 (5598 posts) - - Show Bio

FOR SOMEONE WHOSE MEANT TO BE A LONER HE HAS A HUGE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WHO KNOW BATMAN IS BRUCE WAYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catwoman

alfred

red robin

red hood

nightwing

jezebel jet

hal jordan

aquaman

superman

flash

cyborg

wonder woman

batgirl

silver

sasha

shondra

ras al gul

thomas elliot

all of the black glove

and now this................

tutututut bruce

That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to small

#42 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

He should probably stop saying everyone.......

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.