They must be kidding....the new animated series

#1 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#2 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

there is no way I'll be watching that

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

You know? when Methos told me about some rumors saying that there would be an animated series of the brave and the bold I was excited.

It was the perfect oportunity to see a lot of DC's characters together without having a really big cast

But damn this is stupid....and that they want to bring the version of the superfriends here makes it worse

#4 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

While his latest series, The Batman, ended mere weeks ago, there will hardly be a lull in animated adventures of the Caped Crusader, as the Cartoon Network announces their new series Batman: The Brave and the Bold. The new show, whose title will be familiar to comic books fans, will feature Batman teaming with several familiar DC Comics characters, including Blue Beetle and Green Arrow.

Some fans will no doubt be a bit concerned about the mention of "comic relief" in the new series, and stylistically the images released from the show seem to evoke the 1970s animated versions of Batman – including Super Friends -- more than the still-popular 1990s Batman series or The Batman. It certainly doesn't seem the series is influenced by Christopher Nolan's current Batman films. We'll have to wait until the show debuts this fall though to discover just what tone The Brave and the Bold takes.

Below is Cartoon Network's description of the series:

Batman isn't going at it alone this time! From Warner Bros. Animation comes the latest interpretation of the classic Batman franchise. Our caped crusader is teamed up with heroes from across the DC Universe, delivering nonstop action and adventure with a touch of comic relief. Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Aquaman and countless others will get a chance to uphold justice alongside Batman. Though still based in Gotham, Batman will frequently find himself outside city limits, facing situations that are both unfamiliar and exhilarating. With formidable foes around every corner, Batman will still rely on his stealth, resourcefulness and limitless supply of cool gadgets to bring justice home.

#5 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"It was the perfect oportunity to see a lot of DC's characters together without having a really big cast"

I thought they handled that really well with Justice League Unlimited, they somehow managed to give each member (minus about 10 or so) an episode where they came into prominence...

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack the Ripper says:

"Nighthunter says:
"It was the perfect oportunity to see a lot of DC's characters together without having a really big cast"

I thought they handled that really well with Justice League Unlimited, they somehow managed to give each member (minus about 10 or so) an episode where they came into prominence..."

yeah Justice League Unlimited was a great show and the perfect example of how things should be done....

but it would be too much to ask to get the same quality lol

#7 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

wow :0..............i'm speechless

#8 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks terrible

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would they do this.It's 2008, wtf! This looks worse than Japanese Spider-man.

#10 Posted by Mr. Mage (77 posts) - - Show Bio

My eyes.....are bleeding.

#11 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks alright, but, i was wondering will they have enough Heroes for Batman to team up with every episode?

#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"This looks alright, but, i was wondering will they have enough Heroes for Batman to team up with every episode?"

The DCU is huge.....

I want to mention something I find funny.

The bat-embargo was done because characters like Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing were appearing in the Batman Animated Series, but they wouldn't be able to do more than a few cameos because "people could get confused".

And we have here Olliver Queen (Green Arrow) with his silver age look along with Jaime Reyes the new blue beetle.....

Am I the only one seeing the problem here?

#13 Posted by Mr. Mage (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Barry Flash says:
"This looks alright, but, i was wondering will they have enough Heroes for Batman to team up with every episode?"
The DCU is huge..... I want to mention something I find funny. The bat-embargo was done because characters like Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing were appearing in the Batman Animated Series, but they wouldn't be able to do more than a few cameos because "people could get confused". And we have here Olliver Queen (Green Arrow) with his silver age look along with Jaime Reyes the new blue beetle..... Am I the only one seeing the problem here?"

I see the problem.

#14 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Barry Flash says:
The DCU is huge..... I want to mention something I find funny. The bat-embargo was done because characters like Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing were appearing in the Batman Animated Series, but they wouldn't be able to do more than a few cameos because "people could get confused". And we have here Olliver Queen (Green Arrow) with his silver age look along with Jaime Reyes the new blue beetle..... Am I the only one seeing the problem here?"

by the looks of things i don't think continuity will be a focus here

#15 Posted by Lord Doom (421 posts) - - Show Bio

After countless good cartoons why would DC do this.This looks worse than Super Friends and Krypto the Super Dog.

#16 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

No just no.

The best Batman run was The Animated Series where Conroy voiced Batman. I am thoroughly disappointed in the new cheesy cartoony look

#17 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

im excited. ill get a kick out of it just from the overwhelming cheesiness.

#18 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"While his latest series, The Batman, ended mere weeks ago, there will hardly be a lull in animated adventures of the Caped Crusader, as the Cartoon Network announces their new series Batman: The Brave and the Bold. The new show, whose title will be familiar to comic books fans, will feature Batman teaming with several familiar DC Comics characters, including Blue Beetle and Green Arrow. Some fans will no doubt be a bit concerned about the mention of "comic relief" in the new series, and stylistically the images released from the show seem to evoke the 1970s animated versions of Batman – including Super Friends -- more than the still-popular 1990s Batman series or The Batman. It certainly doesn't seem the series is influenced by Christopher Nolan's current Batman films. We'll have to wait until the show debuts this fall though to discover just what tone The Brave and the Bold takes. Below is Cartoon Network's description of the series: Batman isn't going at it alone this time! From Warner Bros. Animation comes the latest interpretation of the classic Batman franchise. Our caped crusader is teamed up with heroes from across the DC Universe, delivering nonstop action and adventure with a touch of comic relief. Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Aquaman and countless others will get a chance to uphold justice alongside Batman. Though still based in Gotham, Batman will frequently find himself outside city limits, facing situations that are both unfamiliar and exhilarating. With formidable foes around every corner, Batman will still rely on his stealth, resourcefulness and limitless supply of cool gadgets to bring justice home."
What the f....You poor poor man. Wait..........LOOK AT THEIR LEGS!
#19 Posted by ritchman678 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

dude i watched this show and it was good

#21 Posted by NightFang (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude its a good show, why do you have to be a hater!?

#22 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it's an awesome show.

#23 Posted by EscoBlades (75 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Mage said:
"

My eyes.....are bleeding.

"
LOL.....
#24 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure why they made a show that doesn't have appeal for anyone older than a 5 year old. I was partying at my friends house a few months ago, got drunk and fell asleep on the couch. His 5 year old kid woke me up in the morning so we put on cartoons. I saw there was a new Batman cartoon so I put it on, curious what storyline they would use. Batman teamed up with this grumpy anthropomorphic dog that was Batman's old boxing couch, and they were trying to take down this gang of three kids that were pretty much mutants. I was blown away.

#25 Posted by Battalion (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the show but it was kinda cheesy

#26 Posted by LP (653 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:

yeah Justice League Unlimited was a great show and the perfect example of how things should be done....

but it would be too much to ask to get the same quality lol

Ain't that the truth.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.