Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The Wonder Woman/Batman Apprecaition thread

• 76 results
    darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By darkman61288

This thread's purpose is to support the romantic pairing of Batman and Wonder Woman.

Please post why you love the pairing of the Amazon princess and Her Dark Knight and how will DC will build a better story with them together.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By darkman61288

Here is a pic of them together:

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MasterDetective
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

you asked for it

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And people say Zatanna was a bad romatic interest.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RustyRoy

And people say Zatanna was a bad romatic interest.

Who said that? I love Bats/Zee.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
    No Caption Provided

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like Wonder Woman and Batman as a romantic pairing because she is stronger than him yet she is in love with him in spite of it. She is humbled by her feelings for him, and it makes her vulnerable. She rightfully could have who ever she wants, but she loves Batman because even though he is weaker than her, and weaker than most of the Justice League (we are talking strength and human durability), he stands for what is right and fights against foes like Darkseid even though he knows he cannot win, he will fight to the death to save the lives of not only those he loves but strangers. She loves him because she loves that he has courage and honor and because of that he is the mightiest of all the heroes.

Now I wish that were the case in DC currently....

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know what books these pics are from?

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: The one I posted at the top is from Superman & Batman Generations 3. The one where they kiss and then WW punches Batman is from Superman/ Batman/Wonder Woman Trinity by Matt Wagner. The one below it is from JLA# 90. And the one with them as kids is from the JLU episode Kid Stuff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By gotwillpower

It's funny how the animated universe, designed for kids, is the best at portraying relationships.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: that kiss in Blackest Night was so beautiful. Shame it was never explored by anyone.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

better than Supes/WW

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: that kiss in Blackest Night was so beautiful. Shame it was never explored by anyone.

DC is really bad at handling relationships (exceptions are Superman/Lois, Ralph/Sue, Wally/Linda etc)

It's funny how the animated universe, designed for kids, is the best at portraying relationships.

True.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288: And yeah that kiss is easily one of the top 5 best kisses in DC comics.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Wonder Woman and Batman as a romantic pairing because she is stronger than him yet she is in love with him in spite of it. She is humbled by her feelings for him, and it makes her vulnerable. She rightfully could have who ever she wants, but she loves Batman because even though he is weaker than her, and weaker than most of the Justice League (we are talking strength and human durability), he stands for what is right and fights against foes like Darkseid even though he knows he cannot win, he will fight to the death to save the lives of not only those he loves but strangers. She loves him because she loves that he has courage and honor and because of that he is the mightiest of all the heroes.

Pretty much this is why I love the idea of them as a couple.

I mean I've always looked at Batman as the pinnacle of what man could achieve if he devoted himself to a cause. He's a warrior in his own right who has trained himself to be at his peak, and the sheer fact that he is just a normal man who takes on threats way above his level all in the pursuit of justice frankly are all reasons why Diana would be intrigued by him. He's both a symbol of the darkness of Man's world, and greatest that exists in the heart of man. And their contrast makes the pairing all the better as opposed to Supes/WW who are very close in personalities. I mean the pairing has the whole "Persephone/Hades" kinda vibe (but not even remotely as tragic) which would make for interesting stories. I mean all the anger that drives Batman, Could Diana's love truly temper that? Could that she save him from himself? It all just intrigued me.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: I agree.

I really don't think Wonder Woman should be paired with Bats, or really anyone for that matter. However, I do think they are better together than Supes, and her.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: I agree.

I really don't think Wonder Woman should be paired with Bats, or really anyone for that matter. However, I do think they are better together than Supes, and her.

Yeah I also like when the trinity is just three best friends, but this relationship is written better than Supes/WW.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This thread makes me want to puke.......

I hate that Batman/Wonder Woman pairing some of you want to see.

I have tolarated it enough times.If it actually happens one more time,I will stop reading DC comics forever.....

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger: The Funny thing is that I feel the same way about Superman And Wonder Woman being together.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darkman61288
    Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Stronger

@stronger: The Funny thing is that I feel the same way about Superman And Wonder Woman being together.

Good for you.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

@rustyroy said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Awesome!

@moon_bat_87 said:

Pretty much this is why I love the idea of them as a couple.

I mean I've always looked at Batman as the pinnacle of what man could achieve if he devoted himself to a cause. He's a warrior in his own right who has trained himself to be at his peak, and the sheer fact that he is just a normal man who takes on threats way above his level all in the pursuit of justice frankly are all reasons why Diana would be intrigued by him. He's both a symbol of the darkness of Man's world, and greatest that exists in the heart of man. And their contrast makes the pairing all the better as opposed to Supes/WW who are very close in personalities. I mean the pairing has the whole "Persephone/Hades" kinda vibe (but not even remotely as tragic) which would make for interesting stories. I mean all the anger that drives Batman, Could Diana's love truly temper that? Could that she save him from himself? It all just intrigued me.

Agreed!

@stronger said:

This thread makes me want to puke.......

I hate that Batman/Wonder Woman pairing some of you want to see.

I have tolarated it enough times.If it actually happens one more time,I will stop reading DC comics forever.....

Why do you feel that way?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't the kiss in Blackest Night between black lantern batman and black lantern Wonder Woman? Wouldn't that mean that it wasn't really them kissing each other? I'm confused

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
    deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with this thread, and hate that Superman Wonder Woman abomination.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moon_bat_87: Cause they don't match at all.

Moreover I hate Wonder Woman.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By darkman61288

@jayc1324: Wonder Woman was a Black lantern, Batman was an illusion casted by Aphrodite. The goddess used Diana's love for Batman to free her.

srk_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By srk_1

To be honest, I wouldn't mind DC exploring this relationship one bit.

If you think about it clearly and without too much bias there's really a lot to work with here.

The fact that they are opposites on most things will only make it even more enticing for the open-minded reader.

(I hate pairing wars.They're the vilest, inhumane things and bring out people's true colors)

The verbal debates and clashing of philosophies as well as their different culture or customs could lead up to a really nice storyline for them to find some common ground.

Diana comes from an island of women and left it for Man's World to learn more about us while given the title of "Ambassador of Peace" to represent her own people.

What better person to show her humanity in all it's good and bad traits than a guy who knows the High Class Lifestyle of the Rich as well as the Low Class Urban Struggling of the Poor than a person who has lived it and seen it both as Bruce Wayne and Batman.

They are both warriors in every sense of the word and admire and/or respect each others tenacity and fight prowess to keep going when things look bleak.

Bruce has always been a guy who has trust issues, but when you give him a person who is all about trust (Lasso of Truth doesn't count) then it would freak him out because his excuses wouldn't work on her.

He convinced himself to believe that long term relationships wouldn't work; this just throws a cog in the wheel since trust and concern for his woman's/families well-being is at stake.

He doesn't have to worry about that if it's Diana. He's just afraid of seeing a ray of light called happiness in his dark bleak world.

I won't focus too much on the obvious "Light and Darkness" symbolism, but I sure hope one day the DC writers would give this pairing as much attention as others and really try to explore the possibilities here.

I'm always open to seeing fresh and new ideas and this counts as one of them.

The fragility of one person compared to the invulnerability of the other would be a great storyline all to itself. This may not be original, but there could be a moment of realization of his humanity that can ooze character development so much that it could take this union into surprisingly new unknown territory that we have yet to see in DC Comics.

I'm confident this won't reach them, but I'm hoping they would be fearless enough to do it.

It never hurts to give it try.

Sorry for my 1st post in for being so long. lol

Cheers, people!

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@srk_1: The best explanation for why Diana and Bruce should be together.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe after she's done with superman, she'll move on to batman in JLA

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By darkman61288

@jayc1324: JLA # 90 Wonder Woman uses a machine to view possible ways she and bruce can be together.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So in the wake of Dc's news about that so-called power couple, who wants to see a Batman/ Wonder Woman series.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@darkman61288 said:

So in the wake of Dc's news about that so-called power couple, who wants to see a Batman/ Wonder Woman series.

Everyone wants to see this series, the only people who don't are dead inside.

Bats and WW is the best hero/hero coupling in comics.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@srk_1:

The fragility of one person compared to the invulnerability of the other would be a great storyline all to itself. This may not be original, but there could be a moment of realization of his humanity that can ooze character development so much that it could take this union into surprisingly new unknown territory that we have yet to see in DC Comics.

been explored in Wildstorm numerous times, stormwatch team achilles between benito santini and flint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But it would be much greater if done with characters like batman and Wonder Woman. I think the supes Wonder Woman comic will be boring, they are two similar to hold a titles together. Contrasting heroes make or a better story, like superman/batman, and would be very interesting in batman/wonder woman

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: DC is just not daring enough to try it. This power couple thing with end with them making a Superman/Wonder Woman movie and it will flop big time. An then DC will be run by better writers who would do a Batman/Wonder Woman.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another great clip from JLA# 90:

No Caption Provided

Gint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gint

DCAU fanart by abbadon82 on deviantart

No Caption Provided

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I've always liked Diana/Bats. But as always, Zee/Bats is still my favorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if DC will ever put them together again.

Gint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gint

I think they should try it first in elseworlds and I'd like to see this scene..

plaboy in distress by superherogirlcat on da

No Caption Provided

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: If the so-called power couple fails. If Superman's sales decline. A lot can happen. But one thing for sure is that I don't think Johns and the current DC brass would do it. There would have to be a regime change at DC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do they just not like the idea of it, or have something against those two? That's what I'm wondering.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By Durakken

I think Bruce and Diana are in love but so are Bruce and Catwoman... and Catwoman is just overall a better match...

However, I would to see a canon story where Diana and Clark confront the fact that they are the 3 pillars within their Superhero culture in the DCU and one day, fairly soon, Bruce will die where as Diana and Clark won't die for still a long time off. That is one of the big things that was missing from Batman RIP. They never really dealt with Batman dying in terms of the hero community or in terms of the general public which was what made The Death and Return of Superman and the Knight Saga so much more interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the general public never knew batman died but it would've been interesting to see how the hero community reacted to a legend like batman dying.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.