Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The Search for Bruce Wayne Begins!

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

How many superheroes does it take to identify a bat symbol on a rock?

Just as a vanishing point draws all lines to it in perspective drawing, so too is the DCU’s vanishing point drawing all time periods and heroes to it. The Source has released a preview of TIME MASTERS: VANISHING POINT, a six-issue mini depicting “The Search for Bruce Wayne.”  Written and drawn by Dan Jurgens, the thing’s going to be something of a companion piece to the RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE mini running through July. This comic’s going to show Rip Hunter and a posse (including Superman, Green Lantern and Booster Gold) searching for the original Batman throughout the time stream.

Now, I know that Bruce is a dear friend to Supes and GL, but aren’t their hands kind of full, now? What with all those high-flying super-velocity wars on New Krypton and all those Earth-shattering ramifications from BRIGHTEST DAY, you don’t figure they’d be able to squeeze this in. Rip Hunter? Sure. Booster Gold? Sure. Those guys aren’t exactly in high demand, right now. They’re definitely available. In fact, whenever they finish this search, I’m sure they’re going to go back home and start sitting around, waiting for their next gig. Then again, I suppose when you’re dealing with chronal displacement and all that, the questions of somebody having too much or too little time on their hands is kind of moot, isn’t it?

Anyway, what do you think of this, oh minute-by-minute Comic Vine community? Will you be picking this up to see the Search for Bruce Wayne along with his Return?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

jlat89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jlat89

I'll see what it's about
    I just hope it doesn't turn into the next DC Event.  I don't want the story dragged out over a year with all these different characters searching for him.
    If anyone finds him it should be the Batman Family, specifically Tim.

The Wumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The Wumbo

lol @ the caption on the pic, Pinchuk.

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By the_fallen11

Will be picking up the Return, will not be picking this up.

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#4  Edited By lostlantern13

I dunno how relevant it'll be (as a companion piece), but it's completely logical....to get the time travelers to get the lost Batman.

GothamBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By GothamBat

i like the idea of Bruce's friends and fellow heroes going out and looking for him, instead of just waiting around for him to show up on his own.
    Crymsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Crymsun

Booster?   
    Check.   

Rip?   
    Check.   

A couple of big name characters just to sell the comic?   
    Check. 

Seriously though... why Supes and Hal other than to get some extra sales?  The most logical choice to help would have been Red Robin (since he figured it out in the first place). 

I would have gotten this book even without Supes and GL. 
    Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Bobby X

I'll check it out. I'm a big Booster fan
    Cassio411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Cassio411

Extremely excited about this, I felt a bit of a pinch in my heart when i saw that Superman & Green Lantern, His best friend and Opposite were going to go look for him :)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself

It makes perfect sense to have Rip Hunter and Booster Gold involved in the search for Bruce Wayne....I'm mad I didn't realize that until the end of Booster Gold #31

Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Marshal Victory

LOL! um tho they all agree its a bat symbol their not sure its a rock.....ewww!
    Sir Duke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By Sir Duke

A 6 issue miniseries accompanying the Return of Bruce Wayne starring Rip Hunter and Booster Gold and being written and drawn by Dan Jurgens?  Sign me up!  I really hope this is a sign that Booster Gold will be getting more exposure, the character has really earned it.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bruce Vain

Why the big search ? When I'm right here. ;-)
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

ill pick up which ever one superman is in and maybe GL and thats it
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NightFang3

I'll check it out. It's good to see Rip Hunter and Booster Gold working together. 

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hellos

Hal Jordan:  "Whats that on that rock?" 
    Superman: "I don't know, looks like a drawing of some sort bird or plane" 
    Hal Jordan: "I think it looks more like an elaborate arrow to go in this direction" 
    Superman: "Good work Hal, lets go in that direction!" 

Looks like Bruce is in for a long wait. 

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Spectrum

The idea of time travelers trekking through time searching for someone is a really cool idea. I love nearly all time travel related fiction, however I have a problem with Superman and Hal Jordan. I think their inclusion in this title might have been done to try and make this "off the wall" idea more mainstream. These two blockbuster supertypes in my opinion don't add anything to the team except the SALES factor. As Tom recgonised we've just had two blockbuster events where Both Superman and Hal Jordan were the stars. I kinda feel that DC are just moving both characters from their own successful titles and hoping that the success will follow them to this new one.

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By skaarason

hell's ya my 4 favorite heroes in dc in one book !

Sir Duke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By Sir Duke

I'm okay with them including Hal Jordan and Superman in this book just to improve sales, just means more people are gonna see Rip and Booster.  I wonder if Booster will be sharing his secret with Green Lantern and Superman, or if he's going to play it off like he was randomly recruited by Rip Hunter.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By RedK

okay I get Rip and Booster cause it's time related, but if anyone shoould find bruce it should be the bat family more specifically Tim or Superman

brewski420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By brewski420

isnt the "return of Bruce Wayne" mini series enough? this is just something to make us spend more money. i will be getting the return , but i def won't be picking this up.
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21  Edited By Comiclove5

I like it, alot.
    RoninKane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RoninKane

I like that their taking a proactive approach to finding Bruce now that they believe Tim. Superman, I can understand but GL is an odd choice to me because Hal and Bruce have never been that close, only having a begrudging respect for one another. With reguards to the heavy hitters already having their plates full, that is the beauty of time travel, you can leave one minute, have a year long adventure then come back the next minute and the rest of the DC universe is none the wiser.
    jamdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By jamdown

how many heros does it take, lets count. 1...2...3...4, 4 heros hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
    Avatar image for emerald_warrior
    Emerald Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Emerald Warrior

Just the fact that Jurgens is behind it is enough to reel me in!!!

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Theodore
    @RoninKane said:
    " I like that their taking a proactive approach to finding Bruce now that they believe Tim. Superman, I can understand but GL is an odd choice to me because Hal and Bruce have never been that close, only having a begrudging respect for one another. With reguards to the heavy hitters already having their plates full, that is the beauty of time travel, you can leave one minute, have a year long adventure then come back the next minute and the rest of the DC universe is none the wiser. "
    Exactly my thoughts, they could gone for X amount of time and return only a minute later.
    ArtJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26  Edited By ArtJoker

" How many superheroes does it take to identify a bat symbol on a rock?"...one, plus a giant crossover storyarc

mrrpm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By mrrpm01
    @RedK: I agree with you RedK but I have a feeling that they will have Tim on his own agenda and when the time is right they will all come together or at least cross paths a few times.  That way they can spread out the story and still keep where Tim will be the one that says "see I told you so".
    spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spiderguylll

Let Bruce stay gone Dick is way better

jetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jetman

There are enough search parties out for Bruce!

The "Batman and Robin" series is looking for him
    "Batman" is looking for him
    Wonder Woman wants him
    Blackest Night Griped about not finding him
    Now we need another mini series devoted to finding Bruce Wayne? 
    Let Dick and Damian find him. I want to see Dick talk to him more than anybody else.

Let

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RedK
    @spiderguylll said:
    " Let Bruce stay gone Dick is way better "
    that can be argued but Dick deserves to take on the mantle and i'm glad he finally did I just wish it would be for a longer time like wally taking over for barry that lasted for 23 years.

@mrrpm01:
    That would be amazing, their all together talking and catching up and Tim just says "I told you so"
    Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
    @GothamBat: which knowing bruce he'd typically do.....lol
    Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
    @Theodore: You hit the nail on the head there.. even begrudging respect is a being bit generous.. Id go as far as to say Hal outright disliked THE Batman as much as anyone could without being his enemy.. &Bruces only opinon on Jordan apart from total disdain was an acknowledgement of his almost total &inexplicable fearlessness (hmmm) 

GL even went as far as to say (in his head) "finally a batman I can be around without gettin the creeps" less than a month after he died.. so this makes NO sense to me..but lets see where they take it..could be good if they bear that &a few other things in mind
    Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    The Search for Bruce Wayne Begins! 

wHat? i thought TIM has BEEN looking.     
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Tim should be in charge of the whole thing since he has been on the Search for over a year now as well has the most evidence WTF!? This is just Geoff Johns not letting new characters get spotlight

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LeonardoTMNT
    @jetman said:
    "There are enough search parties out for Bruce!  The "Batman and Robin" series is looking for him "Batman" is looking for him Wonder Woman wants him Blackest Night Griped about not finding himNow we need another mini series devoted to finding Bruce Wayne?  Let Dick and Damian find him. I want to see Dick talk to him more than anybody else.  Let"

I think Tim really deserves to talk with Bruce as well. He beileved he wasn't dead from the begining.
    UCLGeogPhD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By UCLGeogPhD

I've been a little bit annoyed by the inclusion of Green Lantern (who doesn't actually like Bruce anyway) and Supes in this storyline.  I've been enjoying the Jurgens run of Booster Gold and for me it should be Booster aided by Rip, Dick and TIm.  Hopefully it won't be superman and GL getting the glory as Jurgens has been building the importance of Bruce Wayne to Booster over the course of his run and hopefully this Time Master storyline will pay off with Booster being the hero to get BW back in normal time stream.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LeonardoTMNT
    @UCLGeogPhD said:
    "I've been a little bit annoyed by the inclusion of Green Lantern (who doesn't actually like Bruce anyway) and Supes in this storyline.  I've been enjoying the Jurgens run of Booster Gold and for me it should be Booster aided by Rip, Dick and TIm.  Hopefully it won't be superman and GL getting the glory as Jurgens has been building the importance of Bruce Wayne to Booster over the course of his run and hopefully this Time Master storyline will pay off with Booster being the hero to get BW back in normal time stream. "

Superman makes sense in this situation, after all it's Bruce's best friend.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.