The Search for Bruce Wayne Begins!

Posted by No_name_here (1225 posts) - - Show Bio

How many superheroes does it take to identify a bat symbol on a rock?

Just as a vanishing point draws all lines to it in perspective drawing, so too is the DCU’s vanishing point drawing all time periods and heroes to it. The Source has released a preview of TIME MASTERS: VANISHING POINT, a six-issue mini depicting “The Search for Bruce Wayne.”  Written and drawn by Dan Jurgens, the thing’s going to be something of a companion piece to the RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE mini running through July. This comic’s going to show Rip Hunter and a posse (including Superman, Green Lantern and Booster Gold) searching for the original Batman throughout the time stream.

Now, I know that Bruce is a dear friend to Supes and GL, but aren’t their hands kind of full, now? What with all those high-flying super-velocity wars on New Krypton and all those Earth-shattering ramifications from BRIGHTEST DAY, you don’t figure they’d be able to squeeze this in. Rip Hunter? Sure. Booster Gold? Sure. Those guys aren’t exactly in high demand, right now. They’re definitely available. In fact, whenever they finish this search, I’m sure they’re going to go back home and start sitting around, waiting for their next gig. Then again, I suppose when you’re dealing with chronal displacement and all that, the questions of somebody having too much or too little time on their hands is kind of moot, isn’t it?

Anyway, what do you think of this, oh minute-by-minute Comic Vine community? Will you be picking this up to see the Search for Bruce Wayne along with his Return?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by jlat89 (317 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll see what it's about
I just hope it doesn't turn into the next DC Event.  I don't want the story dragged out over a year with all these different characters searching for him.
If anyone finds him it should be the Batman Family, specifically Tim.

#2 Posted by The Wumbo (22 posts) - - Show Bio

lol @ the caption on the pic, Pinchuk.

#3 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

Will be picking up the Return, will not be picking this up.

#4 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno how relevant it'll be (as a companion piece), but it's completely logical....to get the time travelers to get the lost Batman.

#5 Posted by GothamBat (644 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the idea of Bruce's friends and fellow heroes going out and looking for him, instead of just waiting around for him to show up on his own.
#6 Posted by Crymsun (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster?   
Check.   

Rip?   
Check.   

A couple of big name characters just to sell the comic?   
Check. 

Seriously though... why Supes and Hal other than to get some extra sales?  The most logical choice to help would have been Red Robin (since he figured it out in the first place). 

I would have gotten this book even without Supes and GL. 
#7 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check it out. I'm a big Booster fan
#8 Posted by Cassio411 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Extremely excited about this, I felt a bit of a pinch in my heart when i saw that Superman & Green Lantern, His best friend and Opposite were going to go look for him :)

#9 Posted by danhimself (22631 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes perfect sense to have Rip Hunter and Booster Gold involved in the search for Bruce Wayne....I'm mad I didn't realize that until the end of Booster Gold #31

#10 Edited by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

How many superheroes does it take to identify a bat symbol on a rock?  

LOL! um tho they all agree its a bat symbol their not sure its a rock.....ewww!
#11 Posted by Sir Duke (116 posts) - - Show Bio

A 6 issue miniseries accompanying the Return of Bruce Wayne starring Rip Hunter and Booster Gold and being written and drawn by Dan Jurgens?  Sign me up!  I really hope this is a sign that Booster Gold will be getting more exposure, the character has really earned it.

#12 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the big search ? When I'm right here. ;-)
#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

ill pick up which ever one superman is in and maybe GL and thats it
#14 Edited by NightFang (10141 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check it out. It's good to see Rip Hunter and Booster Gold working together. 

#15 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan:  "Whats that on that rock?" 
Superman: "I don't know, looks like a drawing of some sort bird or plane" 
Hal Jordan: "I think it looks more like an elaborate arrow to go in this direction" 
Superman: "Good work Hal, lets go in that direction!" 

Looks like Bruce is in for a long wait. 

#16 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

The idea of time travelers trekking through time searching for someone is a really cool idea. I love nearly all time travel related fiction, however I have a problem with Superman and Hal Jordan. I think their inclusion in this title might have been done to try and make this "off the wall" idea more mainstream. These two blockbuster supertypes in my opinion don't add anything to the team except the SALES factor. As Tom recgonised we've just had two blockbuster events where Both Superman and Hal Jordan were the stars. I kinda feel that DC are just moving both characters from their own successful titles and hoping that the success will follow them to this new one.

#17 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio

hell's ya my 4 favorite heroes in dc in one book !

#18 Posted by Sir Duke (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm okay with them including Hal Jordan and Superman in this book just to improve sales, just means more people are gonna see Rip and Booster.  I wonder if Booster will be sharing his secret with Green Lantern and Superman, or if he's going to play it off like he was randomly recruited by Rip Hunter.

#19 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

okay I get Rip and Booster cause it's time related, but if anyone shoould find bruce it should be the bat family more specifically Tim or Superman

#20 Posted by brewski420 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt the "return of Bruce Wayne" mini series enough? this is just something to make us spend more money. i will be getting the return , but i def won't be picking this up.
#21 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, alot.
#22 Posted by RoninKane (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that their taking a proactive approach to finding Bruce now that they believe Tim. Superman, I can understand but GL is an odd choice to me because Hal and Bruce have never been that close, only having a begrudging respect for one another. With reguards to the heavy hitters already having their plates full, that is the beauty of time travel, you can leave one minute, have a year long adventure then come back the next minute and the rest of the DC universe is none the wiser.
#23 Posted by jamdown (294 posts) - - Show Bio

how many heros does it take, lets count. 1...2...3...4, 4 heros hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
#24 Posted by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Just the fact that Jurgens is behind it is enough to reel me in!!!

#25 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoninKane said:
" I like that their taking a proactive approach to finding Bruce now that they believe Tim. Superman, I can understand but GL is an odd choice to me because Hal and Bruce have never been that close, only having a begrudging respect for one another. With reguards to the heavy hitters already having their plates full, that is the beauty of time travel, you can leave one minute, have a year long adventure then come back the next minute and the rest of the DC universe is none the wiser. "
Exactly my thoughts, they could gone for X amount of time and return only a minute later.
#26 Posted by ArtJoker (521 posts) - - Show Bio

" How many superheroes does it take to identify a bat symbol on a rock?"...one, plus a giant crossover storyarc

#27 Posted by mrrpm01 (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: I agree with you RedK but I have a feeling that they will have Tim on his own agenda and when the time is right they will all come together or at least cross paths a few times.  That way they can spread out the story and still keep where Tim will be the one that says "see I told you so".
#28 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Let Bruce stay gone Dick is way better

#29 Posted by jetman (2 posts) - - Show Bio

There are enough search parties out for Bruce!

The "Batman and Robin" series is looking for him
"Batman" is looking for him
Wonder Woman wants him
Blackest Night Griped about not finding him
Now we need another mini series devoted to finding Bruce Wayne? 
Let Dick and Damian find him. I want to see Dick talk to him more than anybody else.

Let

#30 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderguylll said:
" Let Bruce stay gone Dick is way better "
that can be argued but Dick deserves to take on the mantle and i'm glad he finally did I just wish it would be for a longer time like wally taking over for barry that lasted for 23 years.

@mrrpm01:
That would be amazing, their all together talking and catching up and Tim just says "I told you so"
#31 Posted by THEBlaqueBasterd (384 posts) - - Show Bio
@GothamBat: which knowing bruce he'd typically do.....lol
#32 Posted by THEBlaqueBasterd (384 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theodore: You hit the nail on the head there.. even begrudging respect is a being bit generous.. Id go as far as to say Hal outright disliked THE Batman as much as anyone could without being his enemy.. &Bruces only opinon on Jordan apart from total disdain was an acknowledgement of his almost total &inexplicable fearlessness (hmmm) 

GL even went as far as to say (in his head) "finally a batman I can be around without gettin the creeps" less than a month after he died.. so this makes NO sense to me..but lets see where they take it..could be good if they bear that &a few other things in mind
#33 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4851 posts) - - Show Bio
The Search for Bruce Wayne Begins! 

wHat? i thought TIM has BEEN looking.     
#34 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim should be in charge of the whole thing since he has been on the Search for over a year now as well has the most evidence WTF!? This is just Geoff Johns not letting new characters get spotlight

#35 Posted by Tim_Drake4444 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio
@jetman said:
"There are enough search parties out for Bruce!  The "Batman and Robin" series is looking for him "Batman" is looking for him Wonder Woman wants him Blackest Night Griped about not finding himNow we need another mini series devoted to finding Bruce Wayne?  Let Dick and Damian find him. I want to see Dick talk to him more than anybody else.  Let"

I think Tim really deserves to talk with Bruce as well. He beileved he wasn't dead from the begining.
#36 Posted by UCLGeogPhD (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been a little bit annoyed by the inclusion of Green Lantern (who doesn't actually like Bruce anyway) and Supes in this storyline.  I've been enjoying the Jurgens run of Booster Gold and for me it should be Booster aided by Rip, Dick and TIm.  Hopefully it won't be superman and GL getting the glory as Jurgens has been building the importance of Bruce Wayne to Booster over the course of his run and hopefully this Time Master storyline will pay off with Booster being the hero to get BW back in normal time stream.

#37 Posted by Tim_Drake4444 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio
@UCLGeogPhD said:
"I've been a little bit annoyed by the inclusion of Green Lantern (who doesn't actually like Bruce anyway) and Supes in this storyline.  I've been enjoying the Jurgens run of Booster Gold and for me it should be Booster aided by Rip, Dick and TIm.  Hopefully it won't be superman and GL getting the glory as Jurgens has been building the importance of Bruce Wayne to Booster over the course of his run and hopefully this Time Master storyline will pay off with Booster being the hero to get BW back in normal time stream. "

Superman makes sense in this situation, after all it's Bruce's best friend.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.