Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

THE PENGUIN: best character in Gotham show

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Need I say more? I think the Gotham TV show is brilliant. It has excellent writing, an amazing cast and The Penguin is THE character that shines the most. Gordon being a close second. Opinions?

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah. I don't really like the Penguin in the comics (sorry) but Robin Lord Taylor's Penguin in Gotham is just flat out boss.

Order of my favorite characters in the show:

Oswald

Bullock

Gordon

Mooney

Gordon

Edward

Selina

Alfred

Bruce :P

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think he is my favorite character in it so far.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's up with Alfred turning from gentleman to cockney?

I found it a bit distracting.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont like the way alfred is shown, but other than that it is an awesome show. special mentions go to harvey bullock an oswold cobblepot

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penguin and Mooney are awesome. Gordon is growing on me as well.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tbemrmccoy: yea the young GORDON kicks ass! He's a good actor!

Avatar image for michal_zapendowski
    Michal_Zapendowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An actor's ability to shine is limited by two things: their ability, and the role they are assigned.

The actress who plays Fish Mooney in my opinion does a fantastic job of being Fish. Pure sadistic sexual energy there. So does Gordon - he is the gallant white knight, all the time, really well. The problem these two actors have is they've been cast in roles where, every single time, they're doing the same goddamn thing, over and over again. Which also subtracts from their verisimilitude. Their characters are either all-black (Fish) or all-white (Gordon), with no shades of grey. We haven't seen Fish take a truly good action, or Gordon a truly bad one, thus far yet, which is what makes their characters (not the actors who play them) somewhat one-dimensional.

Oswald Cobblepot had the good luck of being a fantastic actor with a fantastic part; he is all-grey, a bad guy with the moral high ground, or a good guy with the moral low ground, however you choose to see it. When he kills, we look the other way. When he is gratuitously kind, we pay attention. I agree with the opening poster that he is a head above the rest of this cast of actors-turned-characters, even though it is a fantastic cast overall, which is also part of what makes him shine (a good actor can't really ever truly shine without other good actors around him).

M.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TheDandyMan

Me and my dad watch it together, whenever Penguin enters a scene we both just shout out with joy so, yeah, he's one of my favourites. I also like Bullock, he's pretty bad@ss.

kkdgordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kkdgordon

@blackdog2009 Penguin, Bullock, and Gordon are all very well casted and by far my favorites. I think the way that Alfred is shown is actually quite interesting, I kind of dig it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.