Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The New Robo-Batman Discussion Thread

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Discuss the new Batman that is featured starting Batman 41. Spoilers included.

After Batman's apparent death after EndGame, Jim Gordon is now the new Batman, he wears a high tech suit of armor built by Powers Industries and unlike Bruce Wayne, he now operates within the system and while he is aware how crazy this idea really is (he coined the term Robobat-bunny) but tries his best to adapt to his new career. Discuss this drastic change to the status quo.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Let's just call him RoBatman.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

The ears look stupid, and it feels too War Machine for my tastes. Don't get me wrong, I love War Machine, but I wouldn't want to see something like that in Gotham, at least not like this. But, I will say that Gordon as Batman is an interesting twist. I'd have just done it differently.

As to the fact that Batman has sometimes been depicted wearing powered armor before, that's Bruce Wayne Batman. Bruce Wayne playing Iron Man is one thing, but Gordon doing it is something else.

Overall, I'm gonna have to say this isn't a change I'm crazy about.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really liked it and I think it could be great (I don't really think that I am reading a Batman comics through).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.