The Killing Joke

#1 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so in The Killing Joke, I don't know if it's in the original or not, but I got the Deluxe Edition. At the end, after Brian Bolland's "Afterword" thing, there's like 8 pages of some random dude talking about people choosing to be good or bad, and saying he's going to kill Batman. Was there any point to that at all? Or is it just a random little thing?

#2 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

No one? Really?

#3 Edited by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant X:  I think it was just a side story about someone like the Joker with No real purpose. It could be symbolic of how the Joker does evil things just to do them but I wouldn't think too much about it because so far their have been no mentions whatsoever about the guy in any DC comic I've seen.
#4 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio
Mutant X said:
Ok, so in The Killing Joke, I don't know if it's in the original or not, but I got the ... [more]
as far as i can tell right now there was no point to it.  Maybe this will be connected to some story in the future though
#5 Edited by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio
Mutant X said:
Ok, so in The Killing Joke, I don't know if it's in the original or not, but I got the ... [more]

That  story was part of  Batman: Black and White a series where many popular writers and artists made short stories about Batman or the presence that he leaves on people. The story was probably included just because Brian Bolland did it, alot of these short stories had nothing to do with continunity so don't put to much thought in Batman getting shot at the end and there seemed to be no connection to the Killing Joke at all except that Brian Bolland did it.  The stories were collected in at least two volumes and are worth reading.

cover to volume 1 (out of print I think)

Cover of Black and White volume 2

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.