Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The Devil strikes again.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Solicits for the New JL comic

JUSTICE LEAGUE #36

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

Lego Variant cover

1:25 Variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON

On sale NOVEMBER 19 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99

“THE AMAZO VIRUS” continues! A bizarre disease has been unleashed, America has been quarantined and the whole world is at a stand still – but no one on the League may be more affected by this than Batman! What deadly secret about the League does the Amazo Virus hold? Where did it come from? Who unleashed it and why? And what does it mean for the future of the world’s greatest heroes?

It's Batman and Johns I guess that is to be expected and while we're at it WTF is this?

BATMAN #36

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Backup story written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV

Art by GREG CAPULLO and DANNY MIKI

Cover by GREG CAPULLO

Lego Variant cover

1:25 Variant cover by ANDY KUBERT

On sale NOVEMBER 12 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

“Endgame,” part 2 – it’s a story arc so steeped in mystery, all we can tell you is the title!

DC calls this a solicit? last months solicit for this story was

From the superstar creative team that brought you a new start to the Caped Crusader comes the story that could end him. Be there in October for the biggest, deadliest and most epic story yet from writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo – “Batman: Endgame” begins here!

This is dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By Squalleon

Maybe because he hasn't powers...I don't know I agree that Johns doesn't portray Batman well.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman is going to be portrayed horrible again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see no problem with either of those. Batman is physically the weakest and most vulnerable to a virus. And we don't even know what that means exactly or how it will affect batman. It could provide a moment for him to shine or shift more focus on him which is a good thing for batman fans. I mean, this IS Geoff johns version of batman that would be getting more attention but still.

Don't really care about the batman solicit. Solicits never tell important stuff anyway and it doesn't affect anything about the story.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I see no problem with either of those. Batman is physically the weakest and most vulnerable to a virus. And we don't even know what that means exactly or how it will affect batman. It could provide a moment for him to shine or shift more focus on him which is a good thing for batman fans. I mean, this IS Geoff johns version of batman that would be getting more attention but still.

Don't really care about the batman solicit. Solicits never tell important stuff anyway and it doesn't affect anything about the story.

Tell me when Lex Luthor gained Super powers to make him physically stronger than Batman?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: I'm not sure he's part of the league. Batman flat out said no to him and so did everyone else. He's been running with them so I guess you could maybe count him, but I wasn't when i posted that

wimble23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would think that Batman would not be as affected. The heroes with powers will have more of an ego thinking they won't be affected with Batman staying in his cave trying to figure out what is going on knowing he is only human.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jayc1324: A solicit is supposed to get you excited.

@squalleon said:

Maybe because he hasn't powers...I don't know I agree that Johns doesn't portray Batman well.

What about Cold? or Luthor? and it's an AMAZO virus,why shouldn't it affect super human characters? and how is Batman still affected if America has been quarantined? I guess it's because he's Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I have been rethinking what I said about batman getting more screentime, and that is actually a horrible thing since Johns still writes a terrible batman.

Everyone's different, but that solicit gets me as excited as any other solicit. It does seem a little lazy but it makes the story seem more mysterious and intense.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@entropy_aegis: I have been rethinking what I said about batman getting more screentime, and that is actually a horrible thing since Johns still writes a terrible batman.

Everyone's different, but that solicit gets me as excited as any other solicit. It does seem a little lazy but it makes the story seem more mysterious and intense.

Exactly,we DONT want Batman getting any screen time whatsoever,let other characters shine. This the problem with petty fanboy Johns.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RustyRoy

Why doesn't he just remove Batman from the League, let him create his own team or go solo.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Why doesn't he just remove Batman from the League, let him create his own team or go solo.

This hack gave Aquaman his own team(The Others) and destroyed Batman team(The Outsiders).

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

This hack gave Aquaman his own team(The Others) and destroyed Batman team (The Outsiders).

Didn't Green Arrow get them instead?

Which is even worse. All those years that DC has spent trying to get Ollie away from being Batman Lite, and now he's gonna get shoved right back into that role again.

And Batman still has the best dynamic with the Outsiders, anyway.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

This hack gave Aquaman his own team(The Others) and destroyed Batman team (The Outsiders).

Didn't Green Arrow get them instead?

Which is even worse. All those years that DC has spent trying to get Ollie away from being Batman Lite, and now he's gonna get shoved right back into that role again.

And Batman still has the best dynamic with the Outsiders, anyway.

Different Outsiders,they bear no similarity whatsoever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: The problem is that Geoff Johns has probably never read a single issue of any new 52 batman series

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The Devil"? Seriously?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I just realized we're all losers who dedicate our time to a comic book website.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

^trolling

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.