the Detective comics seem pretty bad

#1 Posted by havoc1201 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

is it just me or did the detective comics start out pretty solid new 52 but then get really bad...I just read #15 and 16 and they say they are tie ins to death of the family but they really have no insight or a generally good story at all compared to the rest of the Bat titles. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Billy Batson (58070 posts) - - Show Bio

You've got it backwards like French grammar.
BB

#3 Edited by havoc1201 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

how so i liked the first part and then the panguin stuff but the clayface and ivy and then the last two issue really had nothing to do with the death of the family like they advertised it would. they just feel like stories with no real value IMO.

#4 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio

first 3 issues were Good. The first was filled with potential.

As of right now it is trending upward from the black hole that was 4-12 .

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (58070 posts) - - Show Bio

@havoc1201 said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

how so i liked the first part and then the panguin stuff but the clayface and ivy and then the last two issue really had nothing to do with the death of the family like they advertised it would. they just feel like stories with no real value IMO.

It's a good thing when writers are allowed to do their own thing instead of being forced to take a part of some lame crossover and drop their own ideas.
BB

#6 Posted by havoc1201 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@havoc1201 said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

It's a good thing when writers are allowed to do their own thing instead of being forced to take a part of some lame crossover and drop their own ideas.
BB

i agree but it really didnt have to be called a tie in, i guess i dont enjoy the series like i do the other titles but to each his own im glade some people are enjoying it. Im just not one of those people.

#7 Posted by Joelislegend (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh the first issue was good. Second issue was okay... and then the trainwreck began. The minute I think issue 4 cut off into another story all of a sudden about the long lost son of Hugo Strange and Tony Daniels started pumping around interviews that he was going to be a SUPER IMPORTANT CHARACTER in coming issues I was like... oh crap here we go again.

But hey now we have EMPEROR PENGUIN... hahahahhahahahahahaa

Yeah Detective Comics sucks but not as much as The Dark Knight comics.

#8 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (661 posts) - - Show Bio

im really enjoying Emp Penguin tbh its nice to have a "cool" penguin lol

#9 Posted by havoc1201 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joelislegend said:

Ugh the first issue was good. Second issue was okay... and then the trainwreck began. The minute I think issue 4 cut off into another story all of a sudden about the long lost son of Hugo Strange and Tony Daniels started pumping around interviews that he was going to be a SUPER IMPORTANT CHARACTER in coming issues I was like... oh crap here we go again.

lol yeah the Big Bad EMPEROR PENGUIN if you are going to take a mans crime empire at least have the common decency to come up with a differant name i mean come on man. And i havnt even checked out the Dark Knight yet nor do i plan on it.

#10 Posted by entropy_aegis (15341 posts) - - Show Bio

@havoc1201 said:

@Joelislegend said:

lol yeah the Big Bad EMPEROR PENGUIN if you are going to take a mans crime empire at least have the common decency to come up with a differant name i mean come on man. And i havnt even checked out the Dark Knight yet nor do i plan on it.

More stupider than Joker cutting off his face and then reattaching it? I dont think so.Tec isn't mind blowing but it's like an ok version of BTAS,more than anything I think being part of DOTF goes against it.I'm getting sick and tired of the Joker now.

Just 5 months ago I was eagerly anticipating the new Joker story,now I cant wait for it to end.This is Snyders greatest fault he takes an idea and milks it completely,reading through the latest issue to Tec,I found the Emperor Penguin parts to be the most interesting,the League of Smiles just suck.

#11 Posted by batshrine (997 posts) - - Show Bio

If you are calling it a bad tie in then yes but the quality if both detective comics and dark knight have definitely rose to be on par with batman. (For those that are taking jabs at them, have you read the latest story arcs?!?)

#12 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (661 posts) - - Show Bio

to those questioning why hes the emp penguin...

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14902 posts) - - Show Bio

Right now Detective Comics is starting to be good again after what Daniel did.

#14 Posted by SupBatz (1749 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the writer change Detective Comics has improved tenfold. I've very much enjoyed the recent issues centered around Ivy, Clayface, and Penguin. True, it really isn't much of a Death of the Family tie-in but that doesn't mean the series hasn't been good. Espcially when you look at Daniels' run...

#15 Posted by havoc1201 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@havoc1201 said:

@Joelislegend said:

More stupider than Joker cutting off his face and then reattaching it? I dont think so.Tec isn't mind blowing but it's like an ok version of BTAS,more than anything I think being part of DOTF goes against it.I'm getting sick and tired of the Joker now.

Just 5 months ago I was eagerly anticipating the new Joker story,now I cant wait for it to end.This is Snyders greatest fault he takes an idea and milks it completely,reading through the latest issue to Tec,I found the Emperor Penguin parts to be the most interesting,the League of Smiles just suck.

the Joker had his face removed in Detective comics not Snyders Batman and the Joker story has only been going on for like 3 issues so i wouldnt call that Milking it IMO.

#16 Posted by batshrine (997 posts) - - Show Bio

@havoc1201 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@havoc1201 said:

@Joelislegend said:

the Joker had his face removed in Detective comics not Snyders Batman and the Joker story has only been going on for like 3 issues so i wouldnt call that Milking it IMO.

I think by milking it he means all the DotF tie ins, not just in Detective.

#17 Edited by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

the arkham unhinged arc with the bookbinder, has been going on for well over 7 issues i think... so..

#18 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest regret is that I wasted a bunch of $ following the New 52 Detective Comics. Layman is better than Daniels by miles, but the nonstop Birds of Prey references combined with yet another Penguin story wasn't enough to keep me around. Why spend $4 on that when I could be following a top-notch Valiant title?

In retrospect, I should have followed Batman and Robin instead. Ah well, I've heard that's been dipping in quality lately as well.

#19 Posted by havoc1201 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

i@Reignmaker: Batman and robin was dropping pretty bad but the last issue was pretty good so i hope it will continue to climb back up to where it use to be

#20 Posted by TheCannon (18918 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the earlier issues, though I've been enjoying the new ones since the new creative team came in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.