Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23633 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The Dark Knight Strikes Back

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I've read The Dark Knight Returns right, liked it. Question being, SHOULD I bother with the sequel? I've heard so much crap about it that I'm honestly considering just watching a video detailing the events in it. So yeah, you veterans, you people who've read it, let me know.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@haloprogram: If you have friends, then some might have a copy of that..So borrow it from someone...I didn't plan on reading it either but since they made a sequel that is gaining praise, I'll get into it this weekend..

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: I already own it, I buy more comics than I can usually read so it's one of my dust collectors. I just want to know if it's worth my time!

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By infantfinite128

I'm confused. If you already own it, aren't you wasting time asking what others think about it? Give it a shot and tell us what you think! Maybe you'll have a new take on it!

I thought it was pretty bad, and it hurt my liking for the Dark Knight Returns. If that is what you're worried about, you might want to pass. However, I'm now able to separate the two stories, and I want to re-read it before checking out DK III.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: I already own it, I buy more comics than I can usually read so it's one of my dust collectors. I just want to know if it's worth my time!

Then just read it!!! What are you asking others for..?? It's like you used up all your monthly allowance on buying a Blu-ray and AFTERWARDS, you are asking your friends whether you should watch it or not....You have plenty of time to read it,,,

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: on the contrary, I actually have so much to do each week/month that when it comes to trades I don't just want to read anything.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: on the contrary, I actually have so much to do each week/month that when it comes to trades I don't just want to read anything.

IDK, it's no less time consuming than being on here, even if for just a few minutes, just read a bit at a time I suppose. What else do you have on your read list

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: well I read just about everything DC/Marvel each week so around 30-40 issues depending on + I'm currently engaged in catching up with Walking Dead and Angel & Faith/Buffy. But yeah, that's how I got through Returns, little at a time it's just 200 pages of something I've heard most people despise, don't know if it's the best way to spend that time.

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
    suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haloprogram: Dark Knight 2 has poor quality overall. For something that came out in 2001, the artwork, IMO, looks worse than the 1986 Dark Knight Returns. Numerous frames have no background. It does give a reason for why Superman sided with the government in Dark Knight 1, although that doesn't compensate for the other shortcomings though.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I think it's just plain silly to spend money on something and not use it for its intended purpose. You bought the book, read the book. And then feel bad because you wasted your money on a terrible sequel lol

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: haha I'm a collector first Nathaniel. I see where you're coming from but had you seen my collection I'm sure you'd understand why it's necessary to pick and choose having that many GN's, and especially being a busy person all in all.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haloprogram: Dark Knight 2 has poor quality overall. For something that came out in 2001, the artwork, IMO, looks worse than the 1986 Dark Knight Returns. Numerous frames have no background. It does give a reason for why Superman sided with the government in Dark Knight 1, although that doesn't compensate for the other shortcomings though.

that does seem to be the general consensus. I was never a fan of the dark knight returns art to begin with so I think if anything this'll be unbearable. I'll need to skim through and see. Thanks for the reply hombre!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.