The Dark Knight Strikes Again Film

#1 Edited by Ammo_Baba (10 posts) - - Show Bio

So I got an early look at the The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 (visa-vi the internet) and noticed mention of The Justice League, (Wonder Woman Returning to the Amazons on Paradise Island, Man hunter leaving the planet, ect) and then off course there was One armed Green Arrow True to the text; the real question is will there be a Dark Knight Strikes Again Film to complete the Year One Arc trilogy and if so will it's release be near the Justice League movie kinda how Year One and the The Dark Knight Returns were released with Nolan's Batman?

#2 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Highly doubtful. Unlike Year One and the Dark Knight Returns, The Dark Knight Strikes Again is almost universally hated (with good reason).

#4 Posted by darkman61288 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: What you said

#6 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Doubtful, its so widely panned by critics and hated by fans and if they were going to change it they'd have to remove so much from that book to be considered mediocre.

#7 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

why ?

#8 Posted by consolemaster001 (5250 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKSA was terrible and panned. So no !

#9 Posted by Ryagan (684 posts) - - Show Bio

No. No one likes The Dark Knight Strikes Again. But I wouldn't mind an animated Long Halloween film.

#10 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats wrong with Batmite?

#11 Posted by roboadmiral (544 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it. It hasn't got nearly the following DKR and Year One have. And the art is horrific. Can we please have old Frank Miller back? I miss him so.

#12 Posted by Milhouse1114 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Strikes Again is a wonderful book. If they did make it into a movie, my only hope would be that they didn't cut out or change much or anything. Art is subjective. If you think the art is horrific, fine. But the story is amazing. I just don't think people appreciate or even understand the subversive nature of what's being said about the nature of government, legitimate vs. illegitimate authority, and power. DKSA is one of the most thought provoking comics I've ever read. While I'm generalizing here (and it certainly doesn't apply to everyone), I've found that more often than not comic readers (people who read comics and nothing else) don't like to have to think too hard about what they're reading. And I say this as a lover of this form of art. So scathe me or DKSA if you like, but please, please don't challenge yourselves to have to think about what you're reading. I wouldn't want anyone out there to hurt themselves.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.