Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The Dark Knight Rises - SPOILER-filled Dicussion

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#151  Edited By AgentJ

I really enjoyed this movie, and it would have been one of my favorites if the middle third hadn't dragged on FOREVER. Between the scene in the football stadium and Bruce Wayne escaping from the prison was a long and mostly pointless period. There wasn't much of a change in the situation in Gotham, yet they repeatedly cut back to show the conditions again and again. The Kangaroo Court scenes should have been cut altogether (the judge role seemed to be meant for Heath Ledger's Joker), and most of what else happened in that period was so inconsequential that I can't remember what took place. Cut that hour into a half-hour, and we're left with a much tighter movie that can truly leave a mark.

RedX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By RedX9

I loved the movie. Yeah there were some issues but they were minimal to the point where you can overlook them in order to enjoy the full story that we got from 3 movies. Good job Nolan

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#153  Edited By KainScion

'3rd movie in a trilogy is crap' rule still standing.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By Eyz

Mmmh.. spoilers! Love those :P

JillGr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By JillGr

@CaioTrubat: I agree completely

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#156  Edited By kagato

@cbeavers2 said:

Ok so i like the movie for the most part only one major complaint. Blake.... i mean wtf if your going to be so transparent just call him by his real name tim drake lol i mean i see what he was going for but the transparency off it just killed me i was very upset. i cussed at a movie screen out loud

I never even noticed this until you mentioned it, now i cant unknow it lol

Avatar image for thedarklord_267
    TheDarkLord_267

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By TheDarkLord_267
    @CaioTrubat: A reboot has already been anounced for 2015 :(
    Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Bane_of_sith

I know that He was born in the fictional Caribbean Republic of Santa Prisca, in a prison called Peña Dura ("Hard Rock") I only wrote Russian cause I slipped up so don't send me anymore smug corrections! If they stuck to knightfall storyline the movie would have been more exciting and introduced more characters. That's MY OPINION and I don't care what you have to say. Watchmen changed the ending and a few other details but was almost the same story and it was great watching it unfold on screen. This movie was dragging on and very slow at certain parts. Did it suck no but was it disappointing to me yeah, and since I spent my money to see it I have every right to say what I feel about it!

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By ThomasElliot

Its a good 3rd movie with a few faults, TDK still better, but this is still great.

Most of the negativity are geeky nitpicks or expectations that are wildly out there. I do not understand how a person sits down and watches Batman Begins & the TDK... then expects Bane to be some cartoony hulk with tubes going up and down his back that pump a day-glo green super-steroid into him.... or expects to see a man resurrect from the dead after having a bath in a glowing pond. After BB and TDK, I think it's pretty logical and reasonable to say there should be an expectation that these are not the same comic book characters.

Some of the nitpicks are just outright misunderstanding. Its not like this is some cryptic movie full of speculation... Nolan spells most everything out for you.

Also think everyone is just trying WAY too hard about the Blake character. Its a made up character for the movie... a character who you assume takes on the mantle after Wayne leaves it for him. Robin John Blake is Robin John Blake... no one else. The name 'Robin' is a much a joke as the 'giant alligator' line in the movie.

If you can't enjoy these films for what they are, then I have to assume you must HATE things like Batman Year One, or Batman Earth One, or even things like All-Star Superman. There is no way you can praise such different takes or facets of a character, then come back and say TDK series is crap without looking ignorant. Nolan's vision of Batman actually parallels Morrisson's philosophy set in Final Crisis and All-Star Superman: That these are modern myth's whose stories hold no boundaries.

zexion_armando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#160  Edited By zexion_armando

If the movie wasn't so damned heavy handed and the plot silly, it would have been bearable.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Bane was born in the fictional Caribbean Republic of Santa Prisca, in a prison called Peña Dura ("Hard Rock") not Talia.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Dark knight was way better than this. I remember being totally captivated in e theater. By the end of the second hour I couldn't believe what was happening and I couldn't wait for more. This movie dragged on a bit and left me wanting. If bane set the prisoners of arkham free like in knightfall it would have been nonstop action and very exciting to see. Why did Batman hardly use any gadgets in this film? It's like he forgot who he was or something. This is not the batman i am accustomed to that's all.

Avatar image for wonder_princess
    Wonder Princess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Wonder Princess

I Loved it!!! A Purrrr-fect Ending :)

Avatar image for american_allstar
    American Allstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to Imagine Robin without Batman, but I had this thought after finding out that Blake's full name included the name Robin. Maybe this was the end of the Batman movies by Nolan, but he left it open for a Nightwing Movie who you can see without the Batman. Not sure if the same actor would play Nightwing but there is a possibility for it.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#165  Edited By Inverno

@TheDarkLord_267 said:

@CaioTrubat: A reboot has already been anounced for 2015 :(

It isn't going to be the same thing. Bet its probably going to be campy as Schumacher's Batman.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#166  Edited By Gambit1024

I'm embarrassed. Am I the only one who thinks that when Alfred saw Bruce at the cafe, it was just a fantasy and he wasn't really there?

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By JoeEddie

Best review I have seen. First post. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/board/thread/202143975?d=202143975#202143975

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#168  Edited By hyperman

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT ABOUT ELLEN PAIGE AND HER ROLE? DID IT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH BABS GORDON? AND WHAT ABOUT JUNO TEMPLE?

dstorres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#169  Edited By dstorres

@sweetesttoaster said:

That ending was amazing with Blake rising up on the platform of the batcave. Wish I could see where that goes but that will probably never happen.

The only thing that could have made that scene better was if the suit came up for him too. But I agree, ABSOULTELY amazing!

Lycaon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Lycaon

Great movie - great ending!

I just sorta wish that Bane hadn't sounded so polite - his voice should have been a little scarier.

Here's a thought:

If the rope that they tied to you in the prison went all the way to the top and outside of it - why couldn't someone just climb up it to reach the top? All it would take is arm strength. There would be no need to jump to that ledge. The only explanation I can think of is that there were 2 ropes - one that brought you high enough to reach the ledge and then a second that brought you the rest of the way up once you were on it.

RobinRX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By RobinRX

Watched it on Saturday. Lost my ticket in the cinema bathroom before the film started, so I had to buy a second one. Unfortunate mistake, but it was worth it.

Pittsburgh is a better Gotham City than Chicago, I think. It really suited the mood of the film and provided a subtle change from Chicago Gotham.

Also loved the idea of the Pit being a metaphorical Lazarus Pit. You go in broken, you come out strong. I didn't make the connection until I was on a train home.

In the end, I think it's the best Batman movie of the lot.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#172  Edited By zombietag

no comments on how ridiculous bane's voice was? it was awesome, i loved this movie, but banes voice sounded really silly sometimes

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#173  Edited By the_tree

@hyperman said:

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT ABOUT ELLEN PAIGE AND HER ROLE? DID IT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH BABS GORDON? AND WHAT ABOUT JUNO TEMPLE?

Ellen Page wasn't in the movie. Barbara Gordon wasn't in the movie. Juno Temple played a character named Jen, who's a little bit similar to Holly Robinson, and she did almost nothing for the story.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@Gambit1024 said:

I'm embarrassed. Am I the only one who thinks that when Alfred saw Bruce at the cafe, it was just a fantasy and he wasn't really there?

No he was there. Bruce probably took note of Alfred's Cafe and deliberately went there.

Aarny2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#175  Edited By Aarny2

I really enjoyed it, but people are over exaggerating how amazing it was (as usual).

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Gambit1024

@comicdude23 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

No he was there. Bruce probably took note of Alfred's Cafe and deliberately went there.

But what about the whole non-autopilot thing on the Bat? Did I miss something?

Falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Falconer

@Gambit1024: There was a scene with Fox and two Wayne Ent techs explaining that Bruce fixed it before Bane broke him and dropped him in the pit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambit1024 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

It was shown that Wayne had installed an auto-pilot 6 months earlier, some new software patch. Lucius was told near the end. Then he knew that he was alive.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Gambit1024

@comicdude23 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

It was shown that Wayne had installed an auto-pilot 6 months earlier, some new software patch. Lucius was told near the end. Then he knew that he was alive.

...And suddenly I just don't like the ending as much anymore...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambit1024 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I'm embarrassed. Am I the only one who thinks that when Alfred saw Bruce at the cafe, it was just a fantasy and he wasn't really therIte?

...And suddenly I just don't like the ending as much anymore...

It wasn't the ending we needed, it was the ending we deserved.

Scarecrow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Scarecrow4

This movie was amazing, from the first moment it came on screan until the end of the credits. Never has a film taken me on such an emotional rollercoaster i laughed i cryed i hung off the edge of my seat enjoying every second. This should go down in history as the greatest trillogy of all time...nothing even holds a candle to it.

Avatar image for matchesmalone2012
    MatchesMalone2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of this world in my opinion best batman movie followed by begins then dark knight.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Gambit1024

@comicdude23: *sigh* Stoppit...

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#184  Edited By hyperman

@The_Tree: oh! I'm really disappointed U_U . Well, thanks for the information =D

kakanoucia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By kakanoucia

Sure the film had flaws, but as a conclusion to the Dark Knight trilogy, this was a great film. There were moments that just felt incredibly cheesy like the entire "war" scene. Blackgate prisoners lining up for war against the police, they're considered the worst type of people and they are giving the cops enough time to get up close, it just looked ridiculous. Overall though, it was a satisfying end to Bruce Wayne's journey as Batman.

It wasn't my favorite of the trilogy, nor was it my favorite of the summer blockbusters this year, but I left the theater with a smile and I think that's all that should matter for the audience.

Curious to see what WB does with the reboot, because I would love to see a Batman film which has a similar tone and style as the Batman Arkham games, which seems to be a much darker version of the animated series.

Loved the little nod to Killer Croc with the "alligators in the sewers" line. The first half of the movie was brilliant, leading up to Batman returning after 8 years. His appearance with the bat-pod was epic. Hathaway's Selina Kyle was great, although that romance bit between her and Batman just felt like it was shoe-horned in there. Bane was okay, I can understand the complaints with the voice but he did have a scary presence no doubt, suited the character well. The ending was near-perfect for the Bruce Wayne/Batman story Nolan wanted to tell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anyone not like Tate being Talia? I really wanted Bane to be his own man and think for himself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did the Mayor die?

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#188  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I think you can choose what ending you like, if he lived or died in your own mind.

bearklaw19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By bearklaw19

I have a dumb question for everyone, but why does Bane wear the mask?, I remember watching Batman and Robin and Bane had like a wrestling mask and was injected with that green stuff, but why does he wear it in this movie?, what does he look like under it?.

DeawonCDelaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By DeawonCDelaney

This movie was the greatest movie I have seen since deathly hollows, and me being an avid comic book reader I can see why some people are upset with it. We as readers feel if your going to make a comic book movie you have to stay true to the comicbooks you can change a tidbit here and there but what happened in Dark Knight Rises basically went off the beaten path so to say, but the thing is Batman is no longer a comic book movie it is a Drama. This movie is mainstream and not in the cartoonish over the top way either.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#191  Edited By Dracade102

Am I the only one here...

Who thought the ending had a homage of the Adam West scene where Batman couldn't get rid of a bomb?

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By jonEsherfey

I didn't like the very first scene where it introduces Bane because it feels like the Dark Knight where they introduced the joker where they are all talking about the villain but you don't see him then one of them turns out to be the villain. Overall I liked it and thought it ended the trilogy well.

zexion_armando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#193  Edited By zexion_armando

Also, I couldn't help but laugh that the climax of the movie was the climax of the Avengers (taking a nuclear weapon away from a city in a suicide mission that obviously they will live from) with a plane instead of a flying suit.

leych

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By leych

Disappointed movie, I guess I was expecting too much after The Dark Knight. Not a bad movie by any means, I'd give it a 7.5/10

I'd explain why but it's almost 5 am.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#195  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Anyone know, or know where (besides watching the actual movie again) I could find the Miranda Tate/Talia Ghul monologue? The long one toward the end when she knifes Bats?

coolsam125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By coolsam125

Tahlia Al Ghul is Miranda tate as in ra sal ghuls daughter

coolsam125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By coolsam125

but the question is how did batman survive

GunsAreDrawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By GunsAreDrawn

I really don't know how you guys heard a south american accent, I was pretty sure he was talking in an english accent at the start then the next scene or two he was in he sounded like he was talking in an american accent from the south but then he seemed to go back to sounding english. He reminded me of the Winnie The Pooh voice actor actually.

Avatar image for antimonitorrules
    antimonitorrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was kind of disappointed with the movie. Don't get me wrong, it *was* a good movie, but it wasn't as good as I was expecting. Then again, I was *expecting* it to be better than the Dark Knight, which may be a bit unfair. Anyways, I thought Tom Hardy did great as Bane: the fact that they made him a cunning, ruthless criminal mastermind the way he was in the comics instead of a stupid chauferre (I don't know how to spell it correctly) like in Batman and Robin made me very pleased. I also loved the way that the movie showed what Bruce Wayne is without Batman or Rachel. Overall, I thought it was a pretty dang good movie.

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Shaanyboi

@comicdude23 said:

Did the Mayor die?

He got blown up at the football stadium. You see his skybox explode...

@coolsam125said:

but the question is how did batman survive

He could've jettisoned out of The Bat at any point.

@bearklaw19 said:

I have a dumb question for everyone, but why does Bane wear the mask?, I remember watching Batman and Robin and Bane had like a wrestling mask and was injected with that green stuff, but why does he wear it in this movie?, what does he look like under it?.

His face and body were f***ed up in the prison riot. The mask dulls the physical pain, but that also means you can't just punch him and expect him to go "ow".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.