Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

‘The Dark Knight Rises’ 13-Minute Featurette

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sethysquare

More footage from Warner Bros’ The Dark Knight Rises. Most of the behind-the-scenes intel is in the second half of this 13-minute video, which also includes the aerial stunts and the football stadium destruction scene seen in the early trailers. That stadium for the imaginary Gotham Rogues football team is where the Pittsburgh Steelers play. No coincidence that pic’s co-financier Legendary Pictures chief Thomas Tull owns a minority stake in the Steelers:

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sethysquare

An Early Review Of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Praises Anne Hathaway As Catwoman

http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/2012/07/an-early-review-of-the-dark-knight-rises-praises-anne-hathaway-as-catwoman/

Critics have been given early access to screenings of Batman: The Dark Knight Risesand bit by bit, reviews of the film are hitting the Internets. As far as I can tell, from the information that has come out thus far, Christopher Nolan has outdone himself with this final installment of the Batman saga. Many people, me included, found it hard to imagine how he would be able to make a better Batman film than The Dark Knight but if the early reviews are to believed — he has done it. Of particular interest to me are the early reports of Anne Hathaway‘s performance in the film as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. I am beyond relived to hear that the early reviews claim that she gives an amazing performance as Catwoman.

Supporting both the protagonist and antagonist are a host of diverse characters that are as complex as they are intriguing. In The Dark Knight, we were presented with the Joker, who was not only insane, but also incapable of telling the same origin story twice. He would gladly die to “watch the world burn.” This movie gives us this complexity with no less than three supporting roles. While this writer has found Anne Hathaway (of The Princess Diaries and Havoc fame) to be drab and aloof in her past roles, she is the polar opposite in The Dark Knight Rises. She not only blows away Michelle Pfeiffer’s Selina Kyle/Catwoman portrayal, she is downright intoxicating.
    You can read the full text of this early review HERE. I think I’ve been very clear with my concerns from the first moment that we learned that Anne Hathaway secured the role of Catwoman. My fear is that she is not capable of doing the character justice. I know I won’t be convinced until I see the film for myself but I am very encouraged by what I’m hearing about the film thus far. The thing I keep hearing over and over again is how good the film is overall … and how worthy it is of an Academy Award for Best Picture. Again, we’ll see. I may read a few more reviews between now and the time I can see the film for myself but I don’t want to read too much. As I understand it, the film’s ending (the final 15 minutes) is mind-blowingly awesome. I’m a bit relieved by all of this, yes, but mostly … I’m just really f*cking excited!
    [Source]
    Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Yea I didn't like the Hathaway choice either. Movie looks great though.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sethysquare

@Duke_Nasty: Not my words, those are the words of that particular blogger. I think many people have reservations about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman because Selina Kyle is such a dear character to everyone. I love her on almost every film since Brokeback mountain and Devil Wears Prada. But this Catwoman is Nolan's Catwoman, but not the comics version. I am optimistic about her performance, but the fact is people would watch it for christian bale/chris nolans/batman. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Mazinken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Mazinken

Good to hear that the movie will be great, I was a little concern because The Dark Knight was highly praised it makes it difficult to do a sequel.

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

Atleast the critics are praising Anne Hathaway,I don't think the fans will like that very much though.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Billy Batson

Awesome news :D
    BB

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By HolySerpent

Fck the fans.... Anne hathway is a great actress and i know she will fit the catwoman roll perfect

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle
    @HolySerpent said:

Fck the fans.... Anne hathway is a great actress and i know she will fit the catwoman roll perfect

*pumps fist* 

This movie will be awesome....that is all
    RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By RedOwl_1

@Billy Batson said:

Awesome news :D
    BB

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tyler Starke

ahhh man the video doesn't work, and people thought heath was a weird/bad choice for Joker at first, I have faith in Nolans choice in Anne even though I personally don't care for her too much as an actress

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CODYSF

If this movie breaks the Avengers record I'm going to laugh so hard.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tyler Starke

@CODYSF said:

It just might because all the people who saw the Avengers need another fix like a junkie needs his crack, they are clamoring for more Superhero movies, plus it's batman a lot of people will see it, but this time He gets to Ride the wave of the Avengers crowd right into the Imax theaters

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CODYSF

@Tyler Starke:

True,true my friend,

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sethysquare

@CODYSF said:

hehehe *chuckles

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sethysquare

@Tyler Starke said:

ahhh man the video doesn't work, and people thought heath was a weird/bad choice for Joker at first, I have faith in Nolans choice in Anne even though I personally don't care for her too much as an actress

search it on youtube or watch it on deadline.com

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.