Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The current issue I have with Batman

batfrog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Different books have different writers, and different writers will have different views on character. I get that.

However, the current Batman series seem so disconnected (ironic, considering the amount of crossovers). Batman DOESN'T seem like the same Batman in each book! Snyder has the main "Batman" title, and therefore should be able to shape Bruce's mannuerisms for all other Batman titles. However, they are nothing alike.

Snyder's Bruce seems to be more Bruce than Batman, if that makes sense. He's more connected to family, has a lighter personality, but still has the same drive and attitude that Batman would have. All other Batmans are just ultra gritty.

Does anybody know what I mean? When I read Batman, it seems like a non-canon book seperate from the other titles (obviously it's not, in fact it's the main book).

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@batfrog1: I understand what you mean but I don't think it has anything to do with the writing but mainly the art. The Snyder Batman series has more lighter and vibrant colors than the Detective Comics and Batman eternal which are more dark and gritty with black and dark brown colors. Snyder's run has plenty of darker tone stories like Death of the Family.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.