Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23633 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The Clean Slate = The Joker (?)

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've always wondered how the Joker can remain an anonymous guy whose past is uncrackable...in the modern age!

Like Selina Kyle said, everything we do is recorded, quantified, etc. Everything sticks.

So I'm thinking that the modern Joker probably got his hands on the Clean Slate. You think this could be true? And/or do you think Nolan intended it to be that way?

I'm thinking that after THE DARK KNIGHT, Nolan got to thinking exactly how can someone like Joker could bury his past in the computer Modern Age. So he came up with the idea of the Clean Slate which he then put into Selina's storyline.

Oh, and does anyone know how the heck Selina Kyle even knew about the Clean Slate?

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As mentioned in the flick, the clean slate was an urban myth. So i you're a thief, like Catwoman, you'd heard about it.
    I don't think Joker had the clean slate. Not knowing Joker's origin is what makes him so terrifying.

I'd read somewhere that Nolan initially wanted to finish the trilogy different then it did with Rises. But because of Heath Ledgers death, that scenario got f'd up. But i would love to hear/read what Rises could have been if Ledger hadn't died..

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a bunch of people in the world like The Joker, there is no trace of them in the papers and the internet.

Actually isnt that shocking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Yeah, maybe "NOW">>>>>But I was referring to a futuristic modern world where EVERYTHING we do is qualtified, collated, and permanently recorded. In THAT world, how could the Joker bury his past?

Polybun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The joker can do it easily if you think about it

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@natvin said:.

Oh, and does anyone know how the heck Selina Kyle even knew about the Clean Slate?

Since she worked with Daggett, the businessman who was after Bruce Wayne's company, and who also seemed to possess or at least know about the Clean Slate, we can assume he told, since this was the original deal between the two. She would steal Bruce's fingerprints, and in exchange he would give her the Clean Slate, however, he double crossed her so she tried to kill him and so he sent Bane and the League after her, and the only way to stop them from killer her was to give them Batman.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@anjales said:

@natvin said:.

Since she worked with Daggett, the businessman who was after Bruce Wayne's company, and who also seemed to possess or at least know about the Clean Slate, we can assume he told, since this was the original deal between the two. She would steal Bruce's fingerprints, and in exchange he would give her the Clean Slate, however, he double crossed her so she tried to kill him and so he sent Bane and the League after her, and the only way to stop them from killer her was to give them Batman.

^ Essentially.

How can anyone....seriously question how Selina ''knew'' what the Clean State was?

It was flat out spelled out in ABC, she even says to Daggett in regards to the Clean Slate ''I want what you owe me'' and he acknowledges that he 'lied' about it.

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CLEAN SLATE:

aNJALES, your story doesn't jibe. How could Dagget know it if he was busy focusing on Wayne? Supposedly some company named "Rykin Data" produced it to prototype stage. But HOW did Selina hear about it? In what way? What "gangland myth" was spread?

Was it via underground rumor? Newspaper ad? What?

JOKER'S BURIED PAST:

I think this is the only way someone like Joker could bury his past in the MODERN world with all its computer digitizing.

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...any other ideas as to how a future Joker could bury his past?

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By natvin

@papinacho: Its also likely the only way someone like the Joker could be so anonymous about his past while living in a modern tech-filled world.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.