Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The Batman Goodbye

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Neocrous

Now that The Batman is gone lets talk about what we liked about the show what we didn't like anything.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

The batman finished?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

Methos says:

"yeah... i enjoyed it :D Rumor has the team that worked on it is going to be working on a new animated show based on the "Brave and Bold" team ups, different team ups each week... could be interesting M"

really? that sounds great

have they said what kind of animation will they use?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Methos

yeah... i enjoyed it :D

Rumor has the team that worked on it is going to be working on a new animated show based on the "Brave and Bold" team ups, different team ups each week...

could be interesting

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

since it's the same team i'm guessing it'll be the same as The Batman, just a guess there though lol

M

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

Methos says:

"since it's the same team i'm guessing it'll be the same as The Batman, just a guess there though lol M"

oh ok

anymore info or a website I could check?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zero edge

I was watching it off and on but I was busy... I'll just try and find a place to stream it. It looked like a good episode.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

not currently, if i find anything major about it i'll post details :D

M

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nighthunter

Methos says:

"not currently, if i find anything major about it i'll post details :D M"

oh ok thanks

Knightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Knightwing

Neocrous says:

"Now that The Batman is gone lets talk about what we liked about the show what we didn't like anything."

Not yet, we still got The Batman: Lost Heroes 1 hour movie coming out. I wonder if it's going to be as good as The Batman vs Dracula, now that was one heck of a movie showing more blood than the DCAU did on a decade and a half.

Interesting Trivia

-Prior to the release of Superman: Doomsday and other DC movies, Alan Burnett hinted that he is working on some 'hush hush' project. (No not that Hush, the dictionary meaning of Hush).

-The Batman's fmr Executive Producer and current story board editor Alan Burnett was also the Producer of Batman: The Animated Series and almost all of it's related project, up to the JLU series.

• The voice actor for most of the characters have some relation to other superheroes:

Clancy Brown (Mr Freeze): voiced Lex Luthor in Superman the Animated series.

Rino Romano (Batman) : voiced Spider-man in one of his animated series. (the one

where Spidey gets stuck on another planet called Counter                          Earth)

Jerry O'Connel (Nightwing): did the voice of....Captain Shazam I believe.

Mark Hamill (Boss Zucco): played Joker on B:TAS

Tara Strong (Vicki Vale): voiced Batgirl is TNAB and Raven in Teen Titans.

Kevin Conroy (Dick's Grayson's father): voiced Batman in B:TAS and all of his

incarnations up to JLU.

Ron Perlman (Killer Croc) voices Slade in Teen Titans.

Dana Delany (Lois Lane): voiced Lois Lane in Superman: The Animated Series.

George Newbern (Superman): voiced Superman in the JLU

Brandon Routh (Superman in Superman Returns): voiced the Everywhere Man.

Allison Mack (Clea): Plays Chloe in Smallville along with Tom Welling who

plays a young Supe..I mean Clark Kent on the show.

Will Friedle (Gearhead): Batman Beyond himself.

Hayden Walch (Harley Quinn): Also voiced Harley Quinn in B:TAS.

Charlie Schlatter (Flash): Also did Flash in Superman: TAS.

Miguel Ferrer (Sinestro): Voiced Aquaman and Weather Wizard in Superman:TAS.

Well that's about all of them I could think of at the moment.

Post Edited:2008-03-09 02:03:54

Captain Hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Captain Hazard

I actually liked the show. I miss quiet a few episode once they started teaming up but it was really good overall. I wish more Superhero cartoons were like it.

Knightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Knightwing

Yeah each season had something to show and make Batman grow in to the character.

During Season 1 he is chased by the cops and in the season finale, his biggest supporter and best friend is turned into Clayface.

Season two showed him getting a little more experienced in crime fighting and gaining a new partner; Detective Ellen Yin. In the end he was accepted by the police, Yin was kicked out of the force for her connection to Batman. Commisioner Gordon was introduced along with the Bat Signal.

Season 3 Batgirl was introduced and we see Batman's reluctance to allow her fight crime but eventualy accepts her as his partner.

Season 4 was a darker season with the introduction of Robin and the Martian Manhunter. In the end Batman faces an alien invasion. I really liked the alien ep because the series had it's best moments then.

Season 5, Batman becomes a full fledged JL member and was the one who brought in Supe's to the league.

I hope they do a season 6, according to Alan Burnett they wanted to bring in Wonderwoman but the movie development stuff prevents them from doing so, Black Canary I don't know why. But according to Alan if they ever get a 5th season they are to bring in Wonderwoman and some other female members also they got very little time to finish the 5th season which may have contributed to the fact they couldn't bring in any female members, the others were already introduced.

Knightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Knightwing

Post Deleted.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Adam Michaels

I really liked The Batman. I own each season on DVD and never get bored watching it. But, I personally feel that the series started out real nice, but lost its "logic" after a while. I think the show fell victim to the Saturday morning cartoon standards once Robin was brought in Season 3. Not that I thought the show was terrible, but it had a different and lighter tone than it did in the first 2 seasons.

The first 2 seasons had a darker introduction theme. It actually captured the Batman tone real well (for a Saturday morning cartoon at least). Once Robin was brought in, they had a sort of remix theme that resembled more the Adam West Batman theme from the 60s. That turned me off.

Another thing that turned me off  from season 3 and on was how a villain like Penguin was captured at the end of an episode and is seen being taken by police. Yet 2 or 3 episodes later, he's back out on the streets. It made me ask the question "How did he get out and why isn't that explained?" A question that was never answered. The same thing can be said for The Joker. He's caught at the end of an episode, and the very next week, he's back out and embarks on a turf war with Penguin and Riddler. This is what I mean by the show losing its logic towards the end.

In the first season, that didn't happen. Joker was caught at the end of the very first episode of the series. 6 or 7 episodes later, due to a series of events, they show Joker escape Arkham. At least now, when I see him in the next episode, I know that he got out and the show moves on in a logical manner.

This is what I mean by falling victim to the Saturday morning cartoon standards. It didn't need to explain much towards the end, it just showed the more colorful villains week-in and week-out because it's what Saturday morning cartoon kids want. At least that's my theory.

I would prefer to get a primetime Batman animated show. A mix of today's better animation technology and the dark tone of Tim Burton's Batman: The Animated Series of the 90s. Also, a show with more logical storylines and one that explores the long list of Batman's villains. This is my personal wish as a Batfan!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#15  Edited By No_Name_

I was not aware that Tim Burton was responsible for Batman the Animated Series.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Adam Michaels

My bad... I meant to say Bruce Timm. Tim Burton, as we know, is the one behind the first 2 Batman films that influenced the animated show. I confused the "Tim" and "Timm"... sorry!!!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#17  Edited By No_Name_

No problem man, that's what I thought, but then you had me do a double take and I wasn't sure if I was wrong in thinking Timm when it was really Burton!
    I completely agree with you though. "The Batman" became really campy after a while, and I think it is the general consensus between Bat fans that BTAS was the best out of all the batman cartoon interpretations.

Detective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Detective

it was ok, i prefer BTAS & Brave And The Bold better

Dr. Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Dr. Maxwell

Meh it was ok some of the character incarnations were...interesting, the Batman vs. Dracula was pretty cool though, especially the scene in the bloodbank. Overall it didn't have that darker feel to it IMO, which is kinda necessary when you're doing something on Batman

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
    The Batman will never die... as a matter of fact he is in my home right now
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Calvin
    King Saturn said:
    "The Batman will never die... as a matter of fact he is in my home right now
    "
    I thought you were going to say something like: "as long as we don't forget him, or what he standed for..."
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Calvin
    King Saturn said:
    "The Batman will never die... as a matter of fact he is in my home right now
    "
    I thought you were going to say something like: "as long as we don't forget him, or what he standed for..."
    casey_play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By casey_play

What is he doing there in your house? having some rest? drinking coffee? lol   ^,_,^

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#24  Edited By HaloKing343

The show was meh.

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By burr787

Harley Quinn was pretty cool in that series. I didn't like her as much as in the BTAS but she was still funny and had a cute, squeaky voice. :3

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TazzMission

they should just reair the animated series. and jlu

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.