The Batman Cartoon that never was: Gotham High.

#1 Posted by Kaioken Kid (29 posts) - - Show Bio

http://io9.com/5729984/concept-art-from-the-teen-batman-series-that-never-was-gotham-high/gallery/  

this actualy looks rather interesting. I mean based on art work alone I think its really rather amazing. I mean, if a idea like Clone High could exist and be a relative hit, I could actualy see potential in this if they were able to evolve it. Unfortunately itll probaly never see the light of day. Apparently it was cancaeled due to the recent surge of Batman related media and this got lost in the shuffle.  Heres the description and Concept Art.   

"We all go through incredible changes as teenagers: growth spurts, bad skin, a sudden insatiable need to uphold justice and avenge your murdered parents…. Well, that is if you're Bruce Wayne.

As if being a freshman at Gotham High wasn't tough enough, Bruce's insomnia and technological fascinations are taking their toll. Instead of spending his time studying, he has begun to obsess over an emerging personality trait: Batman. But under the watchful eye of his guardian and steward, Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce is forced to put his intelligence to good use: graduating high school. But given his classmates, can Bruce survive Gotham High?    "  

#2 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!

#3 Edited by Kaioken Kid (29 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV:

yeah, apparently this was gonna be a thing, but DC canceled production due to the icnrease in Batman stuff voer the past years. It got lost in the shuffle, and I think its a damn shame, i love exploring new ideas.
#4 Edited by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV said:

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!! "

My first thought when I saw the concept art.

The art looks fine, but the story and setting is just off-putting.
#5 Posted by Kaioken Kid (29 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSheepHerder:

It would take some good writing and vocie actors. But I could see it being done.
#6 Posted by Telcalipoca (957 posts) - - Show Bio

.......something  id might end up liking but hate at the same time 
 mostly hate 

#7 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

mind...blown...can't supress...rage...and...huh nope im over it... now to think about cheerleader harley and ivy...mmm dirty thoughts are fun

#8 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
"

mind...blown...can't supress...rage...and...huh nope im over it... now to think about cheerleader harley and ivy...mmm dirty thoughts are fun

"
LOL
#9 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Telcalipoca said:
" .......something  id might end up liking but hate at the same time  mostly hate  "
Haha, yep be a dirty pleasure. You like it but you know you shouldn't. lol
#10 Edited by Kaioken Kid (29 posts) - - Show Bio
@Telcalipoca:

I think its something i would like, but also hate, but mostly kinda like. But then again I liked the cartoon  Kim Possible, so im used to guilty pleasure cartoons.
#11 Edited by Baron_Emo (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the concept art, but ...no thanks. They keep wanting to use younger versions. Remember "The Batman" featured a 20-something Bruce. What's next? Batman Babies? 

#12 Posted by Final Arrow (24383 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG thats somewhat epic and somewhat wrong... I love it!!

#13 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

The concept art looks very good  but not so crazy on the idea.

#14 Posted by Final Arrow (24383 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baron_Emo: Batman Babies for the win XD 

#15 Posted by Baron_Emo (3570 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: LOL. I was just thinking of Muppet Babies. Might not be bad at all. 
#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: LOL Nice.
#17 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27084 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would have been fun, I would have had our kids watch it to introduce them to the comics when they are older! 

#18 Posted by Final Arrow (24383 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baron_Emo:  Quick suggest it to DC before it's to late XD...BABY JLA 0_O 
#19 Posted by Baron_Emo (3570 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: I'm taking that name to the copyright office right now. ^_^ 

#20 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the best worst idea I've ever seen. 

I thought that stuff was just crazy fan art...

#21 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:
" This is the best worst idea I've ever seen.  I thought that stuff was just crazy fan art... "
#22 Posted by Ms. Omega (4425 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is awesome but i am gonna say no

#23 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

That's hilarious, but I couldn't see it working....though Super Hero Squad is still around isn't it? So maybe.
#24 Posted by Icarusflies (12485 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks SOOOO fantastic! :D 
Why did it have to be cancelled. D: 

#25 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

In many ways, it'd be a trainwreck. But at the same time, its just so appealing and has great promise for sheer entertainment. 

The more I think about it, the more I warm to the idea.

#26 Posted by danhimself (22447 posts) - - Show Bio

the art looks great but it's a ridiculously stupid idea...it just reminds me of X-men Evolution which I hated with Bruce going to high school with his worst enemies....just stupid so stupid

#27 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be in the match reality the Tiny Titans universe. I wonder if the band will play Adam West music during a fight.    

#28 Posted by Cats (666 posts) - - Show Bio

This actually looks interesting.....

#29 Posted by Cats (666 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" the art looks great but it's a ridiculously stupid idea...it just reminds me of X-men Evolution which I hated with Bruce going to high school with his worst enemies....just stupid so stupid "
X-Men evolution was awesome......
#30 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Posted by danhimself (22447 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cats said:
" @danhimself said:
" the art looks great but it's a ridiculously stupid idea...it just reminds me of X-men Evolution which I hated with Bruce going to high school with his worst enemies....just stupid so stupid "
X-Men evolution was awesome...... "
so a lot of people say but I still think it was horrible....the X-men and the Brotherhood went to high school together...that's just stupid
#32 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

If it didn't try to take itself seriously and was just something made for fun and more of a parody of Batman I could have enjoyed it but if they tried to make it some kind of deep teen drama bullshit.

#33 Posted by entropy_aegis (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats easily the most dumbest thing i've ever seen.
#34 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

#35 Posted by Kaioken Kid (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Id imagine joker being the class clown that goes too far sometimes and has a constant rivalry with Bruce, which could lead Joker to try and sabotoge him on a constant basis. Clyface would be the Art student, Scarecrow the goth kid, harley t ... he ditsy blonde cheerleader, Posion Ivy the School slut, Penguin the spoiled rich kid, Mr. Freeze a "Cold" isolated dude that keeps to himself, Two Face the student council kid that has his own agenda, Catwoman who trys to get with bruce to either use him or something like that, Barbera Gordon is friends with Bruce, but might have a crush on him at the same time, Killer Croc the Bully, Bane the bully, but could be struggling with sterioid addiction (which could teach the kids why drugs are bad, mmkay?) Riddler the know it all, And Bruce Wayne the transfer student whos trying to deal with either his parents death, his place in the world, or just trying to deal with the madness of all thats going on around him at the school. Or all of the above. this could then at the end of the series help him to realize taking up the mantle of the Batman.    Of course, theres still ways for it to be tounge and cheek.
#36 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks more like concepts for an Adobe Flash animation series, along the lines of Gotham Girls or something like that.

#37 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so glad this got binned i mean the arts awesome but...... urg really?

#38 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

It could of been an adult swim show! >:(

#39 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is good but story is something I would expect from deviantart  fan-fiction. Seriously there are lots of high school versions of comics/mangas in deviantart.

#40 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what, now that I think about it... Weren't most of these Baddies evil because of Childhood experiences? O.O

#41 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio
Horrible idea
#42 Posted by yankeemanf (192 posts) - - Show Bio

not gonna lie i think this wouldve been an amazin show and its a great great concept

#43 Posted by Hit_Monkey (881 posts) - - Show Bio

This looked really good! I would of watched it!!

#44 Posted by HolySerpent (12515 posts) - - Show Bio

i would love to see this show
#45 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kaioken Kid said:
"
http://io9.com/5729984/concept-art-from-the-teen-batman-series-that-never-was-gotham-high/gallery/  

this actualy looks rather interesting. I mean based on art work alone I think its really rather amazing. I mean, if a idea like Clone High could exist and be a relative hit, I could actualy see potential in this if they were able to evolve it. Unfortunately itll probaly never see the light of day. Apparently it was cancaeled due to the recent surge of Batman related media and this got lost in the shuffle.  Heres the description and Concept Art.   

"We all go through incredible changes as teenagers: growth spurts, bad skin, a sudden insatiable need to uphold justice and avenge your murdered parents…. Well, that is if you're Bruce Wayne.

As if being a freshman at Gotham High wasn't tough enough, Bruce's insomnia and technological fascinations are taking their toll. Instead of spending his time studying, he has begun to obsess over an emerging personality trait: Batman. But under the watchful eye of his guardian and steward, Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce is forced to put his intelligence to good use: graduating high school. But given his classmates, can Bruce survive Gotham High?    "  

"

so, joker is a cholo and catwoman is the school skank, surprise suprise suprise...........harley does look cute in overalls though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.