Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

TDKReturns/Batman Beyond game - ARKHAM BEYOND!

Avatar image for jjdajetplane223
    jjdajetplane223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

One day they need to make a Batman game with an older Batman. We've got Arkham Asylum and Arkham City which show us a seasoned Batman in the prime of his career.

We've got Arkham Origins now which still has Batman in his prime but I thought they did a good job at making him raw, having him make mistakes like when he choked that thug out while interrogating him and when he failed to tie up the Electrocutioner.

Now we need a Batman game where in the beginning, he is retired. Maybe around 55-years-old like in TDKReturns. Maybe he retired because Superman decided to clean up Gotham, so now instead of a dark dingy city we get "Gothopolis" (Gotham/Metropolis...get it?) but of course Lex Luthor shoots Superman with a kryptonite gun and Vandal Savage leads a private army to lock down Gotham. Now, Batman must return.

This should make up about 20% of the game with side missions and all.

Bruce has heart problems which make him not the Batman he once was, so he creates the Batman Beyond suit and fights crime with that.

Then, he confronts Vandal Savage and the two fight, but Batman has a heart attack and is forced to pick a gun up off the floor and SHOOT VANDAL SAVAGE!! Of course Bruce knows he is immortal so he didn't really kill him -he just needed to get away- but then we get the scene in the batcave where Bruce hangs up the cape and cowl for good and turns the caves lights off. Fade to black.

TWENTY YEARS LATER

Introduce Terry McGinnis. Maybe have a portion of the game with him walking home from school and catching a purse snatcher, maybe saving Bruce Wayne from a group of thugs, just to get used to how he fights and introduce Wayne to Terry. Then Terry would return home later and find his dad has been killed.

From then on, he would find Bruce, get the suit, and the rest of the game would be a detective mission to solve his dads murder.

Anybody who watched Batman Beyond knows that Derek Powers was responsible. Perhaps this will show him turning into Blight (I hate that name).

You could have boss battles with gangsters using venom-slappers. You could fight Inque, Shriek, Rewire, Jokerz, Curaré and the Society of Assassins....honestly Terry's rogues gallery is pretty big. Like Arkham Origins, this would be Terry meeting these villains for the first time.

I think this sounds really cool and I hope they do it.

ARKHAM BEYOND - THE LEGACY CONTINUES!

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well batman beyond dosnt really fit in arkham U i mean a TDKR could work but terry has the same problem a superman game has he can fly

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Well apparently Kevin Conroy let it slip on Twitter that he was working on a new Arkham game a while back, but he had since deleted the tweet. This game was not Arkham Origins, obviously, therefore it has been speculated that this new Arkham game is the sequel to Arkham City with Origins simply being a way to pass the time until the Arkham game Conroy mentioned is released. I'd also like to point out that Geoff Johns mentioned the possibility of Batman Beyond getting an Arkham-style game not long ago, along with other possible ideas. I actually could see an Arkham game focusing on Terry as the Batman of the future, they could easily use what happened in Arkham City with the death of both Joker and Talia al Ghul as Batman's reason for retiring and the game introduces us to a futuristic version of the Arkham Universe where Terry had just recently become Batman under Bruce's guidance. Terry's unique gallery of villains such as Shriek, Inque, Mad Stan, Blight, etc. could easily be translated into a video game and therefore the idea of an Arkham Beyond game sounds like a big possibility to me.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well batman beyond dosnt really fit in arkham U i mean a TDKR could work but terry has the same problem a superman game has he can fly

Superman's problem is much than because he can fly, his games suck because he's overpowered which makes it hard to translate him into a game without either powering him down or downright PIS.

As for Terry, all of his gadgets could easily be translated into game and would all work similar to how gadgets and weapons we've already seen in the Arkham games work. As for the flying, they could easily take what they did with the Batman Beyond skin from Arkham City, where Terry has collapsible wings instead of a cape to glide. As for Terry being able to fly, he really doesn't actually fly. He glides like Batman does with his cape, the main difference is that Terry's Bat-Suit has small thrusters in the suits feet which allow Terry to stay airborne longer and glide for longer distances. These thrusters could be Terry's version of the Grapnel Boost Batman already uses in Arkham City and Origins, Terry wouldn't be able to use the thrusters continuously but instead is able to use them to give him an extra boost while gliding through the air.

Batman Beyond could easily get an Arkham game and would fit into the Arkham Universe, people who say he couldn't simply haven't thought it through or are over thinking things.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Like AC Revelation.....I like it.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: i disagree Arkham U is a dark gritty place with killers and Pychos around every corner. Batman Beyond just isnt anything like that it still is more or less like the animated series cool but nothing that belongs in arkham

jjdajetplane223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: Arkham City felt like a dark version of the animated series for me. Maybe it was just the voices but I thought it paid great homage.

Everyone thinks things are bad ideas till they're made then people wonder why they didn't think of it first.

Not saying I thought of it first, of course.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@lordofthenorth said:

@war_killer: i disagree Arkham U is a dark gritty place with killers and Pychos around every corner. Batman Beyond just isnt anything like that it still is more or less like the animated series cool but nothing that belongs in arkham

Batman Beyond was a very dark and mature show and the current Batman Beyond comics, which take place after the show, are also dark and mature. So I really don't see how or why those characters couldn't be introduced into the Arkham Universe.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By batmannflash

I would be very interested in seeing Blight, Inque, Shriek, Spellbinder, and Dee Dee translated into a video game.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: i think me and you may have different ideas of what dark and mature is. i really like batman beyond but those are not words i would use to discribe it besides of course the joker movie. Batman beyond felt more like the justice league show; good but dosnt have the edge that BTAS did

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A Batman Beyond game would be the sh*t as long as they bring back Will Friedle to voice Terry.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Batman Beyond game would be the sh*t as long as they bring back Will Friedle to voice Terry.

Yes!

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all sounds awesome, but they probably won't make it simply because Batman Beyond isn't that popular with non-comicbookreaders and fanatics like us.

jjdajetplane223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.