Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23634 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

TDKR Armor confirmed for Batman vs Superman

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Saren

So the teaser trailer for BvS hasn't been released to the general public yet, but it was shown at Comic-Con, and this was the summary:

It starts with thunder and rain, as a hand pulls a tarp off of something… it’s Ben Affleck’s Batman on a Gotham City rooftop, and he’s in the full bat-armor from Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns. His eyes are glowing white, and we see that what he’s pulled that tarp off of is the bat-signal. He turns the signal on and the famed bat symbol fills the sky… but then we see it’s aimed at something. At a man floating in the sky. A super-man! Cut to a close-up of Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel as his eyes start to glow with heat vision. Cut back to Batman whose eyes are still glowing white. It’s the stare down of all stare downs! Cut to the title screen: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Yup, the armor from TDKR that everyone said wouldn't show up.........is showing up!

Also Liefeld thinks it looks awesome, but his sense of aesthetic is somewhat suspect, so take that as you will.

No Caption Provided

So Batman's totally going to punch Superman, right?

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The one man who beat him.

I'm ready.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sounds pretty awesome. Wish they'd make it public. However I really, really still hope the fight won't be completely like the dark knight returns. It doesn't need to happen and superman doesn't need to be made a fool of.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

This is BatGod wankery,this movie will suck DC hates Superman make mine Marvel.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha, dis gon be good.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I am very excited about this. Zack Snyder is very good at making movies visually unique and stylish. If they can get a good story to this, it'll be incredible.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I wonder if they will ever make this public or if we will have to wait a year like last time

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooioooo

Beata

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooioooo

Beata

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I'm sorry, if they fight and Batman lasts more than 7 seconds, i'll be exiting the theater.

Beata

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

@entropy_aegis: My future self didn't pay to see about 2 hours of Bat-wanking bullcrap.

Beata

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freakin awesome !

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: My future self didn't pay to see about 2 hours of Bst-wanking bullcrap.

Beata

Your future self paid to go and watch a Batman film but then walked out when there was glorification of Batman in his own film. Your future self sounds pretty silly.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Tearing down Superman just for the sole purpose of making Batman look good confirmed. Damn it Synder.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull: This is what's wrong with batfans. Smh. It's a Batman/Superman team film. I want to see these 2 icons come together to face a powerful threat, not see Batman make Superman look like a fool. Get over your fanboyism.

Beata

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By entropy_aegis

@black_claw said:

Tearing down Superman just for the sole purpose of making Batman look good confirmed. Damn it Synder.

You got all that from the teaser description?I'm impressed.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull: This is what's wrong with batfans. Smh. It's a Batman/Superman team film. I want to see these 2 icons come together to face a powerful threat, not see Batman make Superman look like a fool. Get over your fanboyism.

Beata

In what way is that fanboyism? Explain please? A Batman/Superman film is still a Batman film, as it is also a Superman film. There will be glorification of both characters.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull: In your above post it seemed like you were rebuking me for having a opinion opposite of yours.

Beata

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23 frozen  Moderator
    Loading Video...

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Are you implying i won't exist in the future? Intense.

Beata

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BRING ON THE BATGOD!!!!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But seriously I highly doubt Batman will beat Superman.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joy? I await for all the people who said that WB wouldn't make a TDKReturns adaption.

Of course the Batman fanboys who cry because Johns won't write Batgod are happy to see Batman talking down to Superman...that's Batman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RustyRoy

Joy? I await for all the people who said that WB wouldn't make a TDKReturns adaption.

Of course the Batman fanboys who cry because Johns won't write Batgod are happy to see Batman talking down to Superman...that's Batman.

Dude that was just a teaser.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
    Loading Video...

Do you think they'll use that line in the film, "I want you to remember the one man who beat you"? It's pretty iconic and I think it would pretty awesome to see it, especially as I doubt there will be many other films based on these two facing off. Maybe no though, because they used it to tease the film at comic-con last year and it would imply Superman losing the fight (although I'm not sure WB would have a problem with that seeing as it's Batman.)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
    Loading Video...

Do you think they'll use that line in the film, "I want you to remember the one man who beat you"? It's pretty iconic and I think it would pretty awesome to see it, especially as I doubt there will be many other films based on these two facing off. Maybe no though, because they used it to tease the film at comic-con last year and it would imply Superman losing the fight (although I'm not sure WB would have a problem with that seeing as it's Batman.)

That line won't have that effect because its too early, Superman hasn't even faced a human. I still don't think Batman will beat Superman.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: So? TDKReturns is the only confirmed book that this movie draws inspiration from.

I'm so excited to see Super-Douche be a douche so that we can get a Batman is so awesome moment.

I like the hypocrisy here, Batman can make others look like fools, but when Batman is on the receiving end it's bloody murder.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: So? TDKReturns is the only confirmed book that this movie draws inspiration from.

I'm so excited to see Super-Douche be a douche so that we can get a Batman is so awesome moment.

I like the hypocrisy here, Batman can make others look like fools, but when Batman is on the receiving end it's bloody murder.

Because that hasn't happened yet, do you judge a book before reading it?

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thebhramabull said:

@frozen said:
    Loading Video...

That line won't have that effect because its too early, Superman hasn't even faced a human. I still don't think Batman will beat Superman.

I know, I more meant as in referencing the line. e.g. Could easily change it to something like "I want you to remember there's one man who beat you". Anyway, who do you think will win? Personally, I don't think there will be an outright winner e.g. Avengers style. But obviously Batman is going to look impressive by going toe to toe with Superman.

I'm very curious how long this movie is going to be, I mean this sounds as if there will be an epic battle inspired by TDKR, in which case you would need to the movie to build towards this showdown for a while. But then we're also expecting them to team up and face another threat, while meeting up with Wonder Woman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull: I think it will be a tie but if there's a clear winner then Superman, Snyder likes to shock.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@superguy1591 said:

Because that hasn't happened yet, do you judge a book before reading it?

I honestly don't see why anyone thinks Superman is going to be made a fool of here.

Yes, the film is drawing inspiration from the TDKR as that's the most famous showdown in comics between these two characters.

Unless you think the fact that Batman even dares to have a fight with Superman makes Superman look like a fool, I can't see why people are jumping to this conclusion.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: nope, but using a Frank Miller comic to influence a Superman in a movie is just disrespectful.

I dont think Geoff Johns hates Batman, but if I was in charge of a Batman/Superman team up I wouldn't use Geoff's Batman.

I would use Pak's Batman/Superman...or at least Public Enemies. Not the guy who made the enemies and wrote a douchey depiction of Superman.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

And with that news, Superman fans start to worry.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thebhramabull: I think it will be a tie but if there's a clear winner then Superman, Snyder likes to shock.

I think it's hilarious that someone would think it would be shocking to see Superman win in a fight against human being!

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This was sort of expected. It's not like Batman was going to fight MoS Superman with just batarangs and gadgets. As long as it's not a complete adaptation of TDKR, it should be cool.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: nope, but using a Frank Miller comic to influence a Superman in a movie is just disrespectful.

I dont think Geoff Johns hates Batman, but if I was in charge of a Batman/Superman team up I wouldn't use Geoff's Batman.

I would use Pak's Batman/Superman...or at least Public Enemies. Not the guy who made the enemies and wrote a douchey depiction of Superman.

Pak's Batman and Superman do nothing but squabble like pubescent teenagers. That would be ridiculous in film too.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

batkick inc

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull: The most famous depiction of them facing off for Batman fans.

I dont particularly have a favorite altercation because I don't like when they fight. Superman gets nothing from it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's character has already been shown and he's nothing like Miller's characterization, I think Snyder is using TDKR for Batman's characterization. And why would WB/DC will make a fool of any of these characters? They are trying build a universe not destroy it.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#44  Edited By Black_Claw

@rustyroy: I'm hoping their scuffle will end in a tie as well. Especially since Lex has been all but confirmed to be the villain of this film.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull: Nah, read the last Batman/Superman Book.

It humanized both and made them seem like true friends.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

I think it's hilarious that someone would think it would be shocking to see Superman win in a fight against human being!

Well they announced Batman with the line 'the one man who beat you' so many fans might think that Batman will beat Superman.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheBhramaBull

@superguy1591 said:

@thebhramabull: The most famous depiction of them facing off for Batman fans.

I dont particularly have a favorite altercation because I don't like when they fight. Superman gets nothing from it.

People are fans of Batman and fans of Superman and fans of many other characters at the same time, so I'm sure it's not the most famous just for people who are only fans of Batman. TDKR is one of the most famous comics of all time, and I think it's a fair opinion that it contains the most recognizable and most frequently referenced battle between these two guys, you might disagree though.

I'm still unsure why for people who have Superman as their favourite character, they think he's going to be made a fool of? Snyder already said it's not the government stooge Superman from TDKR, it's the Superman from MoS (who I thought was a fool btw), so if you liked that version you should be okay.Unless it is just the fact that there is probably going to be some impressive moments for Batman in this fight?

@thebhramabull: Nah, read the last Batman/Superman Book.

It humanized both and made them seem like true friends.

Really? I'll check it out, I stopped after the annual. I really liked the way they're portrayed in Superman Unchained. Sure, you may dislike the fact Batman is being made to look good and helping out Superman in his own book, but I still like the fact Snyder has showed them as friends who respect each other and trusted allies who will work together.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Using other heroes as a prop is what DC/WB have been doing with Batman for 25 years now and it has made Batman the most successful comicbook character in the world.

Why would WB/DC stop now?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Using other heroes as a prop is what DC/WB have been doing with Batman for 25 years now and it has made Batman the most successful comicbook character in the world.

Why would WB/DC stop now?

How many times has Batman beaten Superman? And how many times has Superman beaten Batman? That will probably answer your question. And why would WB try to alienate a majority of the fans when they are about to start a new universe?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50 frozen  Moderator

@superguy1591: They stated Miller's work will influence Batman, and even said that Superman will not be based on the TDKR version, so it's not ''disrespectful''.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.