Talking bout the ending(s) to Arkham City ( Massive Spoilers!)

#1 Posted by RitchieB (217 posts) - - Show Bio

this thread contains massive spoilers about the ending of Arkham City. DO NOT READ if you haven't finish the game it will ruin it for you.

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME, THIS WILL RUIN IT FOR YOU!

FINAL WARNING: BELOW ARE GAME RUINING SPOILERS!

Ok, I have beaten the game and I will say once again stop reading this! last warning!

so for those of you that have beaten the game, do u really believe that the Joker is dead? Here's the thing for me

1) on the first hand Joker being dead is devastating to fans or at least was to me but leaves an excellent cliff hanger for Arkham 3. Joker can die, I mean Batman has a ton of other enemies and if you listen to the thugs and other bad guys they talk . they talk about with Joker being dead its there time to shine and they still have all those weapons Strange was giving them a massive break out and and the turf war the game kept teasing about would be an awesome story for the third game.

2) playing the game and doing a little research on the net ive seen two additional endings who's link i will post below. The first is as Catwoman if u decide to not save batman, Batman will die and Joker will take over Gotham. which nobody can except to be true. But another ending is more interesting, I discovered this after I beat the game so i dont know if u can do it before or after you unlock new game plus but anyway, If u go to where the fake joker was in the wheel chair, the point where you get poisoned by Joker, and look at Harley Quinn's old costume then the floor you will notice a positive pregnancy test on the floor next to it, this will end the game, the credits will row and Harley will sing to her baby. Being its 18 months past Arkham Asylum she could already have had the baby or is atleast pregnant.

3) heres a link to all the endings ive seen:

Jokers Death:http://www.ign.com/wikis/batman-arkham-city/Endings

Batman's Death ( second one down) :http://www.ign.com/wikis/batman-arkham-city/Endings

Harley Pregnant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkCN9u4jJfk

All of these endings will make the credits roll, so does the joker really die or is there a forth way to beat the game so that you can save joker. right now im playing new game plus to see if beating it there will give a different ending.

Final thoughts: Joker being dead is like i said an excellent cliff hanger, my idea based off this is in Arkham 3, Bruce Wayne wins the election he is campaigning for in the start of the game and moves the prisoners back to the old prisons but during the trip back to Blackgate or the Asylum, Harley Quinn breaks out the high-ranking prisoners ( black mask, two-face, penguin, etc) and unleashes them on Gotham in order to kill Batman for what he did to Joker and just unleash chaos onto Gotham like Mr. J always wanted. So on one hand you have all these villains having a turf war (that kept being hinted to in the game but never full developed) in order to fill the gap Joker left behind, then in addition Harley organizes the Secret Six and hires them to kill Batman. I think the secret six randomly showing up and trying to kill you in an unexpected Boss fight would be awesome. Six people hunting down Batman while hes trying to deal with all the chaos in Gotham would be epic, plus this would be the first time Gotham was in danger and as Azreal hints in the game " the gates of hell will be unleashed on Gotham." Also I think the Secret Six could be the 2008 version: Harley Quinn, Bane, Catman, Deadshot, Ragdoll, and Jeannette. Also since there is so much craziness going on Nightwing comes to help perhaps a playable character just like Catwoman in this one.

what do you guys think of all this? oh and did anyone actually fight the Black mask in the game? I got his character bio but never actually saw him. also I am missing to character bio slots, i'm guessing there for Calendar Man and Nightwing but I don't know.

#2 Posted by super_psycho (2789 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by entropy_aegis (15445 posts) - - Show Bio

@RitchieB: The alternate endings are never true,and no offense but i hate Harley and it would be an insult to the Secret Six if they work as Harley's lackeys.

@super_psycho said:

There might be a 3rd game..

Hush collected faces to make a new one that looks like bruce wayne and he left the arkham city. Batman said he will hunt him down tomorrow

As Azrael said : dark days are coming batman. The prophecy is coming true. you are the warrior who will close the gates of hell ________________________________________________________ Gotham will burn and you will burn too.

These are the actual clues/teases,not that they make me feel any better,Hush makes me groan and since Dini is involved expect a lot of Hush is the best bat villian EVAR segments.

#4 Posted by rico_3088 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_psycho: Where can i find these hints at?

#5 Posted by super_psycho (2789 posts) - - Show Bio

@rico_3088 said:

@super_psycho: Where can i find these hints at?

these are side missions...

#6 Posted by Generazio (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Mask left Arkham City.There is a Riddler challenge behind the Steel Mill. You will get is little story after you find it.

#7 Posted by Generazio (2 posts) - - Show Bio

How do you get the Harley ending? I've been trying, but it won't play.

#8 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2216 posts) - - Show Bio

@Generazio said:

Black Mask left Arkham City.There is a Riddler challenge behind the Steel Mill. You will get is little story after you find it.

Black Mask escaped prior to the game but was captured. He's getting beaten by TYGER guards in the beginning.

#9 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

I aint heard of this one yet.

#10 Posted by RitchieB (217 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt mean them as Harley's lackies, even without Harley being pregnant she is gonna go fucking crazy because in the arkham line she still believes that the Joker loves her because there still together and he hasnt tried to kill her. shes going to go after Batman, like they say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. also my final thoughts are just a guess, but if you look at the secret six i suggested half already want to kill Batman already, Harley for killing Joker, Bane because he has that "i got to beat anyone that challenges me" complex and Bats has already beat him twice, and Deadshot because Batman made him miss his shot. Plus the secret six will do whatever is in there best interest so getting rid of Batman would be highly benifical for atleast half of them. Im not saying they bow down to Harley but come together to kill Batman. regardless of how it happens or why I am certain the key ideas I had will be true. which are: 1.the game will be based in Gotham not a prison, 2.there will be a turf war becuase thats all that game hinted to and the thugs and Two-Face talk about now that Jokers gonna its there time to rise, 3. Harley is coming for revenge. How i dont know, what the story will be idk, but those three thngs are bound to happen.

#11 Posted by RitchieB (217 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, I wonder if u can find Black Mask, if he is still there. seems weird to mention him and give him a Bio if he just makes that short of an apperance. Hush becoming Bruce Wayne will definatly have something to do in the 3rd game. idk what except for trying to ruin wayne's company or trying to kill bruce and take his place since he was being called the "identy thief"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.