Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Stop Ben Affleck Before it's too Late!!!

• 175 results
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am more worried with Snyder being the director, this being a sequel to Mos and not his own thing, that David S Goyer and him doing the script without the Nolan to control them, Jonah is an amazingly good writter and he is overlooked by thanks to his big bro, to be honest i would like more Jonah Nolan was the director and the script writer that Snyder and Goyer.

Besides the fact, they are basing his Batman in Miller Batman, for what they have said.

THEY ARE GOING BACK TO THE 80S.

I am more worried of that.

Affleck, Timberlake and Bieber are not even close.

Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
    teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he does half as good a job as he did with Daredevil and his missus did with Elektra we shall all be very lucky indeed.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#153 dernman  Online

It's already too late. Mwuhahaha and because he's going to be the Batman he's going to infect the entire DC movie universe with his Affleckyness.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: Bane vs Thor and Superman vs Shuma Gorath. While there are worse battles, the sheer silliness displayed within hurt my head.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: I will try to find these topics. I have to know how people thought Bane/Thor was going to unfold. And who had the idea for Superman/Shuma Gorath???

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

F***'s sake this is goddamn ridiculous. The President has more important things to worry about than Ben Affleck as f***ing Batman.

Then again keeping him busy on ridiculous things may be the best thing for our country.

photo original.gif

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

F***'s sake this is goddamn ridiculous. The President has more important things to worry about than Ben Affleck as f***ing Batman.

Then again keeping him busy on ridiculous things may be the best thing for our country.

I'm British and not politically aligned to any party so I can't say I'm the best judge on whether this statement is accurate or not.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@spider11211 said:

@lvenger said:

I'm British and not politically aligned to any party so I can't say I'm the best judge on whether this statement is accurate or not.

Long story short, America hasn't had anyone worth more than a resounding "Meh...he's okay, I guess." since FDR in the oval office. So far Obama has been in the "Meh" category.

Of course, Extraordinary leaders only ever seem to pop up in extraordinary times.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

@guardian_of_gravity: I will try to find these topics. I have to know how people thought Bane/Thor was going to unfold. And who had the idea for Superman/Shuma Gorath???

Bane got Super Sayan Hulk Venom which to this day nobody is quite sure what the hell it is and the OP proudly declared his thread to be the best battle on the vine.

As for Superman vs Shuma Gorath, someone went and said that Superman wins because he once picked up a car and threw it.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By spider11211

@lvenger said:

@spider11211 said:

@lvenger said:

Long story short, America hasn't had anyone worth more than a resounding "Meh...he's okay, I guess." since FDR in the oval office. So far Obama has been in the "Meh" category.

Of course, Extraordinary leaders only ever seem to pop up in extraordinary times.

I do not belong to a particular party either, I call them as I see them. I would put our current leadership in the" Uuuhhh" category. I would put Bush in the "Meh" category. Both have done a spectacularly poor job economically.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

@guardian_of_gravity: that all sounds awesome.

You really have to see it.

@spider11211 said:

@guardian_of_gravity said:

@lvenger said:

@spider11211 said:

@lvenger said:

I do not belong to a particular party either, I call them as I see them. I would put our current leadership in the" Uuuhhh" category. I would put Bush in the "Meh" category. Both have done a spectacularly poor job economically.

The problem America has is that everyone in politics is stupid. The liberals are stupid, the conservatives are stupid, the moderates are stupid. It's like there's a maximum IQ to get into politics. Nobody knows what they're talking about, nobody has a shred of competence, everybody displays levels of intellect comparable to a lobotomized rock...actually no that's insulting to lobotomized rocks. The same is true in far too many other countries. Too many stupid people in high places.

Personally I blame anti-intellectualism.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: I don't seem to be able to find it. Is it very old? It's lost in the search function.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

@guardian_of_gravity: that all sounds awesome.

You really have to see it.

@spider11211 said:

@lvenger said:

@spider11211 said:

@lvenger said:

The problem America has is that everyone in politics is stupid. The liberals are stupid, the conservatives are stupid, the moderates are stupid. It's like there's a maximum IQ to get into politics. Nobody knows what they're talking about, nobody has a shred of competence, everybody displays levels of intellect comparable to a lobotomized rock...actually no that's insulting to lobotomized rocks. The same is true in far too many other countries. Too many stupid people in high places.

Personally I blame anti-intellectualism.

I blame self interest, they forget that the job is to represent others not themselves.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

@guardian_of_gravity: I don't seem to be able to find it. Is it very old? It's lost in the search function.

Google "Comic vine Bane vs Thor" and "Comic vine Superman vs Shuma Gorath."

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211: No there are nice people in politics, it's just that they're also stupid.

Nobody with a brain wants to get into the trouble that comes with being a corporate CEO or politican.

Watch the movie Idiocracy, I'm afraid that we're going down the same route.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By spider11211

@spider11211: No there are nice people in politics, it's just that they're also stupid.

Nobody with a brain wants to get into the trouble that comes with being a corporate CEO or politican.

Watch the movie Idiocracy, I'm afraid that we're going down the same route.

I have seen the movie, but I will say that I have been the CEO of a small corporation (two actually)....I do not think that equals stupidity. Their are good leaders the problem is that we need more of them. Do not let a few bad apples spoil the batch for everyone.

I was not perfect but I did do well. I believe that leaders can push too broad of an agenda and become naive of reality.

As for the movie...I do feel that we are headed in that direction.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211: I think a new respect for intelligent people needs to be found, right now Scientists are villified more than respected in media, brawn glorified over brain. I mean sure most people aren't into puzzle games and want to see people punching each other, but there's room for someone who's smart and strong to be respected.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211: I think a new respect for intelligent people needs to be found, right now Scientists are villified more than respected in media, brawn glorified over brain. I mean sure most people aren't into puzzle games and want to see people punching each other, but there's room for someone who's smart and strong to be respected.

I will not argue against that logic.

Why not support both skills? When I went to school I found that people liked me when they thought I was just a party guy, later they learned that I was also at the top of the class. I will say that I was then treated a little differently, almost as if I was a traitor to stupidity.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Nope, the problem in pollitics is that people belive IQ, college and many dumb things mean something bigger and better, they men skills in their mind.

Is hype over actual skills.

Bush had a bigger IQ that most of people, came from the best colleges in the world, the whole he had low IQ was a urban legend build by people to make him look worst, i mean the damn e mail that said this said that Clinton had a bigger IQ that Einstein if i remember well.

The guy IQ is 130.

Obama is just part of a system that cares more to the hype, that the skills, since skills and intelligence cant be put into a paper and arent physical things, people need to own something that show them their "skills", even when you can cheat in a test and buy college education, but you cant buy intelligence and skills.

Besides the pint IQ is being slammed by many scientists, many even try to debunk him as a myth.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By MatteoPG

@guardian_of_gravity:

Besides the pint IQ is being slammed by many scientists, many even try to debunk him as a myth.

It's actually been consistently proven to be... well, inconsistent :)

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: When I say IQ I mean "general competence and intelligence" Not the actual intelligence quotient system which was founded to prove white people are smarter than other races (no seriously).

Which is sorely lacking in anyone with any real power in the world.

The world leaders are all either brain dead, dopey, or are real life supervillains (Putin et al).

Big business or governments, everyone who matters is an idiot. Which is rather reflective of human kind.

Humanity may be smart individually, but as a species, we are functionally brain dead in large groups due to long standing herd and pack mentality heldover from when our ancestors threw poop at each other in trees while shrieking with glee.

Ergo, as we are stupid as a group, we get stupid leaders.

tl;dr: We're all morons so we get morons.

Thought for the day: If you approach everything you do like it's gonna suck and everyone you meet like he's going to be another in a long line of idiots, you'll never be disappointed a day in your life, only pleasantly surprised when you're wrong.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

It is too l8 m8

Though haven't you seen argo ? He's pretty badass in that one.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: @matteopg: Guys actually asians invented IQ tesst, the chinesse empire actually a long time ago, really long time

Who has the biggest IQs?

Asians, the guy who invented this thing and have being doing this type of test for longer time and caring more about it, have better results.

Besides thta the french try to use it to see "mental retardation" and try to see mental illness too.

The original idea to use it by the french, was to help people with "mental retardation", give them an special education so they have a similar life to the rest of people.

Also pollitics is about helping the guys that help you, teachers help Obama, so he dont change the educational system, even if it sucks, he is not going to change it, because they help him.

I dont blame Obama, i blame people for belive he is something like the mix of Jesus and Superman.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@cor3ycash: Oh grow up! Seriously wait until its filmed and ready to go BEFORE you nerd rant about it

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.