Stop Ben Affleck Before it's too Late!!!

• 174 results
#1 Posted by cor3ycash (2 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by spider11211 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

No...lets see what happens.

#3 Posted by Mitrageist (7149 posts) - - Show Bio

My god, are you people blowing this out of proportion.

#4 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2951 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you even seen his more recent work? He's massively improved as an actor, and Daredevil is actually good when you watch the director's cut instead of the butcher's work done in post-production.

But what am I saying? You're proba-

@cor3ycash said:

Petition to Stop Ben Affleck from playing Batman

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-ben-affleck-playing-role-batman/v0JP1vvf

YOU'RE SENDING THE PETITION TO THE F*CKING WHITE HOUSE'S PETITION SITE!?!

Get a god damn grip!

#5 Posted by w0nd (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

how often have these worked? Young justice, GL, DMC, the list goes on lol...anyways good luck

#6 Posted by Saren (24307 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be fine. Grow up. Have the "Bring back Firefly" petitions gone out of style?

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Aiden Cross (15510 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm. No.

#8 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2951 posts) - - Show Bio

When this movie turns out to be awesome I'll be laughing at the buttmad fanragers here.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (13674 posts) - - Show Bio

No.I want to see him as Batman.

#10 Edited by Wolverine08 (26434 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by Lvenger (16004 posts) - - Show Bio

F***'s sake this is goddamn ridiculous. The President has more important things to worry about than Ben Affleck as f***ing Batman.

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

My brain hurts.

#13 Edited by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao, relax it is just a movie.

#14 Posted by tec79 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the the problems we face and the Internet has rallied and is petitioning to stop an actor to play Batman!Those who took the time to read and sign that but don't consider petitions concerning unemployment, education, health care or reform of the political system should re-evaluate some things.

#15 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

*facepalm*

I'm sick of arguing about this, but: THE PRESIDENT HAS BETTER F*CKING THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THAN BEN F*CKING AFFLECK PLAYING BATMAN!!!

#16 Posted by spider11211 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you even seen his more recent work? He's massively improved as an actor, and Daredevil is actually good when you watch the director's cut instead of the butcher's work done in post-production.

But what am I saying? You're proba-

@cor3ycash said:

Petition to Stop Ben Affleck from playing Batman

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-ben-affleck-playing-role-batman/v0JP1vvf

YOU'RE SENDING THE PETITION TO THE F*CKING WHITE HOUSE'S PETITION SITE!?!

Get a god damn grip!photo 1241698538_scrubs-party.gif

#17 Edited by MasterDetective (678 posts) - - Show Bio

and they say I'm the one who makes silly threads

#19 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2951 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been on the vine for six years, in total my various role playing accounts have accumulated over 30000 posts, I've seen the absolute rock bottom of human intellect on this site, with people sinking to such mental lows that sometimes I just wanted to scream into a pillow until the stupid people went away.

And this is still the third dumbest thread I have ever seen.

#20 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember that thread where someone started a petition to get Chris Evans out of playing Cap?

#22 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been on the vine for six years, in total my various role playing accounts have accumulated over 30000 posts, I've seen the absolute rock bottom of human intellect on this site, with people sinking to such mental lows that sometimes I just wanted to scream into a pillow until the stupid people went away.

I would say 12th for me lol

Seriously,this is ridiculous.

Not only do you horribly exaggerate and undermine him,but....why the f*ck is this an issue? It's not like they cast Honey Boo Boo for the role.

And petitions never work,so don't even bother....

#23 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2951 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity said:

Not only do you horribly exaggerate and undermine him,but....why the f*ck is this an issue? It's not like they cast Honey Boo Boo for the role.

No, no, look at whom he's sending the petition to.

#24 Edited by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

No, no, look at whom he's sending the petition to.

Okay.....5th

#25 Posted by RDClip (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, I'm sure WB is gonna listen to a couple thousand raging nerds when they already have a multimillion dollar deal all set up with Ben and risk legal backlash from Ben, all to appease some loud internet complainers who will see the movie no matter who is cast as Batsy.

He wouldn't be my first pick as Batman, but there are far worse actors that could have been cast. Let it go people, carrying around so much anger is not good for the human psyche.

#26 Posted by Mitrageist (7149 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2951 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by toplel (738 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Any chance you could maybe post all of them? This is why I love the internet.

#29 Posted by Backflip (2251 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

My god, are you people blowing this out of proportion.

Preach.

#30 Edited by RustyRoy (9193 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Ben Affleck playing Batman at all, but I'm not about to go all out and sign some stupid petition.

I reckon I will just have to wait and see.

#32 Posted by The_Undying_Tombstone (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Ben Affleck playing Batman at all, but I'm not about to go all out and sign some stupid petition.

I reckon I will just have to wait and see.

A petition made out to President Obama.

#33 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna start the Quit Crying petition, its a petition to make modern comic fans quit being such cry babies.

#34 Posted by SoftMachineOo (116 posts) - - Show Bio

well that escaleted quickly.

#35 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of hope it gets enough signatures. I think the White House legally have to issue a statement on any petition with enough signatures, and I'd be interested to hear what they'd have to say. Remember they had to respond to the petition for a Death Star to be built?

#36 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (4918 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care any more life is hopeless.

#37 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

People understand the the government can't legally force someone to change a movie casting decision, right? I mean our educational system isn't that far gone is it?

#38 Posted by Mitrageist (7149 posts) - - Show Bio

People understand the the government can't legally force someone to change a movie casting decision, right? I mean our educational system isn't that far gone is it?

Nah, they can just order some drones.

#39 Posted by DwightSpitz (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@tec79 said:

All of the the problems we face and the Internet has rallied and is petitioning to stop an actor to play Batman!Those who took the time to read and sign that but don't consider petitions concerning unemployment, education, health care or reform of the political system should re-evaluate some things.

This is worth saying again.

#40 Posted by The_Tree (6403 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

#41 Posted by Perethorn (2749 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by Mitrageist (7149 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by M3th (1771 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn Batgangirls! [×]√

#44 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna start the Quit Crying petition, its a petition to make modern comic fans quit being such cry babies.

#45 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

First one got removed, I'm sure this one will, too. Awesome use of everybody's time and resources, guys.

JFC.

@tec79 said:

For real

#46 Posted by richardjohngrayson (393 posts) - - Show Bio

"No matter how many times you post your stupid "Fire Ben Affleck from Playing Batman" petition, I'm going to delete it and block you. Take a deep breath, and think for a second:

Yeah, the dude's made some bad films. Every actor has. Every actor does. Every actor will. It's a huge, arcing career and NO ONE has control over where it goes. Movie to movie, year to year, you're collaborating and trying and risking and, sometimes, yes -- failing.

Plus, everyone seems to forget that he had the world dropped in his lap when he was YOUNG. And, judging by how other suddenly-famous youngsters do in the same situation, he fared pretty well. Even when it went wrong, he seemed to keep a self-deprecating, long-view philosophy about the burning freak carousel he'd found himself on.

And then what happened? I mean, he'd fallen from a HEIGHT. You know what happens to 95% of people who weather a descent that steep? They come apart, fray at all of their sanity nodes, and give up.

But then there's the 5% who embrace crushing defeat and see it for the gift it is. And here's the gift: when you fail, and fail UTTERLY, you wake up the next morning and see that the world didn't end. And then the fear of failure is gone. And you're free. You're free to proceed on your own terms and pace -- if you have the ego that permits you to.

Ben brushed himself off, realized he'd kept his eyes open on the movies he'd done, and started directing. And he's become a damn good one.

A Batman portrayed by someone who's tasted humiliation and a reversal of all personal valences -- kind of like Grant Morrison's "Zen warrior" version of Batman, post-ARKHAM ASYLUM, who was, in the words of Superman, "...the most dangerous man on the planet"? Think for a second and admit that Ben Affleck is closer to THAT top-shelf iteration of The Dark Knight than pretty much anyone in Hollywood right now.

I'd write more, but I have to go work on my post about how an overweight 44 year-old comedian with bad feet and insomnia would be a bold choice for The Joker."- Patton Oswalt via facebook https://www.facebook.com/pattonoswalt

#47 Posted by The_Tree (6403 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (4812 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not why I don't want to see him as Wayne. I actually really liked him in Daredevil. THESE are the reasons I don't want to see it.

1) He publicly said that he would never play a superhero again, proving that he is just media whoring and doesn't even care about playing Batman

2) Argo sucked. It was racist, slow and completely underused John Goodman. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion.

3) WE'VE ALREADY SEEN HIM PLAY A SUPERHERO!! ONE VERY SIMILAR TO BATMAN!!! DAMN!!

4) He doesn't care about the character. I know I already said this, but it's that big of a deal to me.

#49 Edited by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not why I don't want to see him as Wayne. I actually really liked him in Daredevil. THESE are the reasons I don't want to see it.

1) He publicly said that he would never play a superhero again, proving that he is just media whoring and doesn't even care about playing Batman

2) Argo sucked. It was racist, slow and completely underused John Goodman. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion.

3) WE'VE ALREADY SEEN HIM PLAY A SUPERHERO!! ONE VERY SIMILAR TO BATMAN!!! DAMN!!

4) He doesn't care about the character. I know I already said this, but it's that big of a deal to me.

1.People change their minds

2. This fits into the sometimes people make bad movies despite their talents category.

3. Who cares?

4. He'll care more now that its his job to.

#50 Posted by TekTheNinja (729 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.