Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23636 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Stephen King writing for Batman

• 58 results
    Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cf12793 said:

No one else is interested in a Batman story written by Tyler Perry? where Batman's crazy aunt Petunia stops by Wayne Manor (Aunt Petunia looks suspiciously like Perry in a dress)?

Joking aside, a Batman story written by Stephen King would be tremendous. I don't see any other comic book character he'd be able to write successfully for. Maybe Spawn. (Actually definitely Spawn)

I'd like to see King's take on the Joker, Batman's relationship with Robin, and also if he would shed some light on who he thinks the real person is and which is the mask (Batman or Bruce)

I could also imagine him write for Constatine and Deadman. Maybe Zatanna. Possibly all the mystical magical characters.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I'd dig it...He could write Superman (My least favorite comic book character) and I would still read, that's how much I love him and his work.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. I'd read it, because I try to read all of the batman stuff that comes out, but I don't know it I'd like it.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Eh, I probably wouldn't like it. King has some great story premises, and writes great beginnings, but his middle sections are often so-and-so, and his endings are, most of the time, hilariously bad, like he lost interest and just wants to get it over with.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd pick that up immediately, King has written many of my favorite books, including The Dead Zone and The Shining. He hasn't done anything I've cared for in a while, but he seems to be alright with writing for a comic (American Vampire).

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine if Edgar Allan Poe wrote Batman.

Once upon a midnight weary while I pondered powerful and weary.

And quoth Alfred, Nevermore master Bruce.

There has probably be a few more.

From the bats, bats, bats, bats, bats, bats, bats

In the clamor and the clangor of the bats!

Yeah...

RetroChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd love to read that as Stephen King is a fantastic writer and would do well in writing Batman, but it would have been amazing if Edgar Allen Poe was alive to write Batman as someone said beforehand - his eerie style and gothic themes would be perfect for The Dark Knight.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

No one else is interested in a Batman story written by Tyler Perry? where Batman's crazy aunt Petunia stops by Wayne Manor (Aunt Petunia looks suspiciously like Perry in a dress)?

Joking aside, a Batman story written by Stephen King would be tremendous. I don't see any other comic book character he'd be able to write successfully for. Maybe Spawn. (Actually definitely Spawn)

I'd like to see King's take on the Joker, Batman's relationship with Robin, and also if he would shed some light on who he thinks the real person is and which is the mask (Batman or Bruce)

If they made a Tyler Perry Batman story? I would buy it instantly. No matter how much it cost.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will be so.... so goooood :)

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well incase he won't do that, there's always his son Joe Hill(Locke and Key, NOS4A2, Horns) to write a Batman story, if it's probable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.