Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

SPOILERS! New BATS V SUPS Details On the movie

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for patrickborkland
    patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sweet, real excited for this film, especially since they pushed it back, that way they have more than enough time to really focus and make it perfect. I would hate for them to rush through this

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Look: Henry Cavill As Superman For BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

USA Today have just posted the very first look at what Henry Cavill's Man of Steel will look like in Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Check it out!

"The more time I spend with Henry, the more he's Superman to me." - Zack Snyder Embedded image permalinkA few days ago, we got our first look at Henry Cavill ("") dressed as Clark Kent for his first official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice promotional photo. And today, USA Today have posted the first look of Cavill dressed as the Man of Steel for Batman v Superman. Their article also includes an interview with director Zack Snyder. In it, Snyder explains why the title of the film uses a "v" between "Superman" and "Batman" instead of "Vs." He says, "to keep it from being a straight 'versus' movie, even in the most subtle way."

Man of Steel was all about Superman finding his place in the world as both a hero and as a man, ultimately saving the city of Metropolis from certain doom. Dawn of Justice continues to immerse him on Earth by working at the Daily Planet as Clark Kent along with Lois Lane (Amy Adams) and Perry White (Laurence Fishburne). But it also takes him to new environments such as Gotham City and introduces larger threats, including Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg). - USA Today

Snyder inadvertently shot down the recent speculation involving Gadot having wrapped filming as Snyder told USA Today he hasn't filmed any scenes of Gadot as Wonder Woman yet. Snyder added, "She's working out and getting buff and ripped."
    selras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I think this movie will be great

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I just hope WB handles it correctly. Here are my thought from another thread for the same matter:

You know the more and more I hear about how this movie is based on TDKR, Snyder mentioned it again in this interview. I just hope the opposite doesn't happen because Snyder has clearly stated how much a big Bat-fan he is.

I just hope WB understands that if Superman is humiliated in the big screen, then the franchise will die. From injustice to TDKR, Superman has lost too much popularity. So if BvS doesn't handle it correctly DC is gonna lose its second best franchise.

Of course that doesn't mean I want Superman to beat Batman (I prefer if nothing of the two didn't happen) but if Batman loses people will say "he fought valiantly against the OP Superman" but if Superman loses people will say "Superman is lame".

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Bezza

Yeah, this looks promising. I think they are majoring on TDKR references to bring in the fans, but surely they wont be silly enough to replicate it in full, because this will really upset the Superman fanbase...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope this movie is good.

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

really looking forward to this movie

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PunyParker

@selras said:

I think this movie will be great

Me too.

@bezza said:

Yeah, this looks promising. I think they are majoring on TDKR references to bring in the fans, but surely they wont be silly enough to replicate it in full, because this will really upset the Superman fanbase...

That doesn't mean that Superman won't get his arse handed to him......

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

If Batman defeats Superman I will personally kick Zack Snyders ass lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.