(Spoilers for Batwing) Batman's Super Supporting Characters

#1 Posted by batshrine (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it strike you odd that Batman is getting a new sidekick that just so happens to be the child of a supporting character?

And no I am not talking about Barbara Gordon, but the new Batwing.

Don't get me wrong I am excited for the new Batwing, but doesn't it seem kind of lame that his supporting characters seem to have prodigal children? What do you guys think?

(oh and again I actually think Luke becoming Batwing is REALLY good, just one small nitpick)

#2 Edited by Akindoodle (871 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: who's his dad? I don't read Batwing but I'm curious

#3 Posted by The_Tree (6433 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke will probably be more of a partner in crimefighting rather than a sidekick. I actually think that this idea is really cool, and I like how it ties into Batman Beyond. I'm really looking forward to how this goes.

@akindoodle: Lucius Fox.

#4 Edited by Akindoodle (871 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree: cool. Wait, what's he doing in the Congo?

#5 Posted by The_Tree (6433 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: He wasn't in the Congo in this issue, he hasn't even been approached about being Batwing yet. I guess we'll find out with issue 20.

#6 Posted by batshrine (964 posts) - - Show Bio

i think he's a really cool character, just kinda unoriginal.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.