Spoilers: Batman and Robin series fill in co-stars

#1 Edited by sourpunch (3 posts) - - Show Bio

As has become necessary by the events of Batman inc #8 Batman and Robin is in need of a new co-star

Peter Thomasi has already been confirmed that Tim Drake will be in issue #19 and Red Hood in issue #20 and that he will be taking Batman through the 5 stages of grief. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43937

Also he said that the name of the series would be changing for the next several issues starting with Batman and Red Robin & Batman and Red Hood

Assuming that each issue will focus on an individual stage as it seems now #18 Denial, #19 Anger, and #20 Bargaining. Who do you think will be his fill in partners for #21 depression, and #22 acceptance?

Personally I think Dick Grayson would be great for #21 (Batman and Nightwing?) as he is probably going through the same grief as Bruce right now. As well as I think #22 could bring in a new Robin (or at least a new permanent partner for the series) with being the acceptance stage.

What does everyone else think?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7240 posts) - - Show Bio

For some odd reason I can see bargaining being Huntress, Alfred for depression, and Dick for acceptance.

#3 Posted by sourpunch (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

For some odd reason I can see bargaining being Huntress, Alfred for depression, and Dick for acceptance.

Wasnt thinking about Alfred for some reason that is good. Also would be nice to see Bruce and Dick come to acceptance about it together...

#4 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: I would think that Batgirl would be used in place of Huntress. Bruce hasn't had much interaction with Helena so far, while Barb fills the motif of using the Batfamily.

These B&R arcs seem extremely contradictory to Snyder's theme and ending in DotF

#5 Edited by The_Tree (7240 posts) - - Show Bio

@sourpunch: Yeah, with Alfred you could show what life in Wayne Manor is like after Damian's death. I image it'd be very depressing. With bargaining, I imagine Huntress because if she reveals that she's Bruce's daughter from another world, that could possibly lead to Bruce thinking that there could be a living Damian in Earth 2. I don't know why I chose Dick for acceptance but it just sounds right. I imagine he and Bruce coming together for a real father-son moment.

#6 Posted by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: @The_Tree said:

That's actually a really cool idea. I want to see the Huntress Bat/Cat relationship develop (but first get rid of the creative teams for both Catwoman and Worlds' Finest)

#7 Posted by atonemented (43 posts) - - Show Bio

More Bruce/Tim interaction would be great. Bruce/Jason interaction is always welcome too. But now that DOTF I was hoping for something angst free though

#8 Posted by sourpunch (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine said:

@The_Tree: @The_Tree said:

That's actually a really cool idea. I want to see the Huntress Bat/Cat relationship develop (but first get rid of the creative teams for both Catwoman and Worlds' Finest)

Well it seems like Jason Todd is already confirmed for what seems like it will be the bargaining issue and with the lack of any kind of connection to Huntress already established bringing her in at this point would probably just make things too complicated. I think Jason is great for this stage as well as I feel like he can help Bruce come to terms that there wasnt anything he could have done just like Bruce couldn't have done anything to save him. Also feel like we could finally see a moment of forgiveness from Jason to Bruce for not being able to save him (something I dont think we have ever really seen).

Also I think Dick really would be perfect for acceptance as him and Bruce aren't on the best speaking terms after DOTF (they speak, but not about anything personal) and this could be something that drives them back together and allows them to accept everything that happened by relying on their relationship with each other.

Something I made up with the covers of Batman and Robin 18-20. 18 seems fitting with Damian still being on the cover for denial, batman on the 19 cover looks like he is out for vengeance and his world seems to be falling apart on the cover for 20

#9 Edited by danhimself (22305 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just thinking that the best thing that they could do until a new Robin is chosen is have the book feature stories with Batman teaming up with Nightwing, Red Robin, and Red Hood

or even better...make it a flashback title and have it be about Batman and Robin (Dick)

#10 Posted by havoc1201 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think we will have a new Robin Batman will get a new sidekick sooner or later but i think after Jason dieing and now Damian his own son the robin title will be retired...until Damian comes back

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.