Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23627 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Son of Batman - Exclusive Clip

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SupBatz

Jason O'Mara is a pretty decent Batman from what I can tell. But did anyone else notice a serious issue with long pauses during the movie clip? Where Batman or Damian would say something, there would be a pause that is just a bit too long, and then whoever was speaking would finish their thought? I hope that I'm just imagining it or that it only happens in this scene, because if there is constant pauses in dialogue throughout the film I don't know if I can sit through it.

On a more positive note, the animation looks pretty great. And Bruce and Alfred both have pretty good voices. Not sure about Damian yet, but I guess I have to hear more from him before I can say how I feel about it. Looking forward to May.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PunyParker

@supbatz said:

Jason O'Mara is a pretty decent Batman from what I can tell. But did anyone else notice a serious issue with long pauses during the movie clip? Where Batman or Damian would say something, there would be a pause that is just a bit too long, and then whoever was speaking would finish their thought? I hope that I'm just imagining it or that it only happens in this scene, because if there is constant pauses in dialogue throughout the film I don't know if I can sit through it.

On a more positive note, the animation looks pretty great. And Bruce and Alfred both have pretty good voices. Not sure about Damian yet, but I guess I have to hear more from him before I can say how I feel about it. Looking forward to May.

I dont like Damian(as a character,but anyway,we're talking voices here... :P ) ...his voice is too generic,and the kid who voices himapparently doesn't take it seriously.

O'Mara is indeed good,and delivers.
    The pauses are a thing,yeah.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Can't say I agree about the character, 'cuz Damian's one of my favorites. But the voice does seem a tad generic from the clips we've seen. I was expecting a more...distinct voice. But again, I'm willing to give the kid his fair chance.

Glad I'm not the only one know noticed the pausing. Hopefully editing will clean it up before the movie hits shelves.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lol. I love hearing how excited they sound that they got an "exclusive clip!" ...from the company they work for.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Jphu8414

Looks pretty cool (animation is really good from what I've seen so far), can't wait for the movie!

I too think Jason O'Mara as Batman was a fantastic choice, lol at that part where he was interviewing and saying the grocery list in the Batman voice, it just cracked me up

As for the pauses, I think it might be just that scene. It was right after Bruce met Damian for the first time so I think it might have been more than a little awkward between the two

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason sounds great as batman. Can't wait for this movie! Gonna be awesome to see Talia and Deathstroke and Damian even though I hate the brat featured in this movie!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PunyParker

@supbatz said:

@punyparker: Can't say I agree about the character, 'cuz Damian's one of my favorites.

Preferences,dude. :)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

@supbatz said:

Yeah that bothered me A LOT,still cant wait for this movie and Deathstroke getting his ass handed by Damian,fanboys are gonna cry.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shut up and take my money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Jason O'Mara's Batman voice.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

I like Jason O'Mara's Batman voice.

Me too.

Avatar image for ramiaquizzlinger
    RamiaQuizzlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this clip. Not all that thrilled with Damien's character, but this looks pretty interesting!

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am just annoyed that Damian has an american accent...

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batshrine: ...Is damian supposed to have an accent or something? I didnt know that

movie looks pretty cool though

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke, Talia, Damian & Ras all in one movie, I must see it

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@supbatz said:

I think pauses works, Bruce is meeting his newly announced son, you think it would be hard getting through one conversation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't even notice the pauses

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RustyRoy

Damian can mimic voices and accents so its not a big deal for him.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batshrine: ...Is damian supposed to have an accent or something? I didnt know that

No he doesn't,he might have an accent but which one is anyone's guess,it has also been mentioned that he can mimic voices and he is multilingual,what Damian needs is an aristocratic attitude,the tendency to act like an adult despite only being a kid,those are Damian's core characteristics. People just like to generalize and make things up,then they complain when the story doesn't go the way of their own fan fics.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd always imagined he'd have an accent similar to Ra's:

Loading Video...

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i3io_hazard said:

No he doesn't,he might have an accent but which one is anyone's guess,it has also been mentioned that he can mimic voices and he is multilingual,what Damian needs is an aristocratic attitude,the tendency to act like an adult despite only being a kid,those are Damian's core characteristics. People just like to generalize and make things up,then they complain when the story doesn't go the way of their own fan fics.

First before I go further lets clear up a myth, everyone has an accent. But why in the world should Damian not have a foreign/non-american accent (I honestly don't care which one). By not providing him one it denies the complexities and depth of this characters multi-ethnic heritage. He did NOT grow up in the US, and there isn't a place in the world outside of the United States that shares our accent. And sure he can mimic accents, and by all means that would be a cool thing for him to do as Robin to separate him from his alter ego. But why hide his natural accent to his father and everyone else. To assume he should have an american accent is an ethnocentric view that hero's should have white American accents. And if the counter argument is that he could have been raised to speak in an American accent, then its problematic that most other international heroes that isn't white (german and russian being the main exceptions), is depicted with their foreign accents.

Just pointing out that Damians character would be far deeper if he was actually depicted as he was raised. Otherwise why does every depiction of Talia and Ra's always have an accent. Are evil characters foreigners?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@i3io_hazard said:

First before I go further lets clear up a myth, everyone has an accent. But why in the world should Damian not have a foreign/non-american accent (I honestly don't care which one). By not providing him one it denies the complexities and depth of this characters multi-ethnic heritage. He did NOT grow up in the US, and there isn't a place in the world outside of the United States that shares our accent. And sure he can mimic accents, and by all means that would be a cool thing for him to do as Robin to separate him from his alter ego. But why hide his natural accent to his father and everyone else. To assume he should have an american accent is an ethnocentric view that hero's should have white American accents. And if the counter argument is that he could have been raised to speak in an American accent, then its problematic that most other international heroes that isn't white (german and russian being the main exceptions), is depicted with their foreign accents.

Just pointing out that Damians character would be far deeper if he was actually depicted as he was raised. Otherwise why does every depiction of Talia and Ra's always have an accent. Are evil characters foreigners?

The world isn't divided between Americans and non Americans,you cant just give Damian any accent and say "ok look it's foreign"

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batshrine: I think since he is trained to be perfect at almost everything, he won't have an accent, like if he's speaking in German, he'll talk like he's a German.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By batshrine

@entropy_aegis: Reason why I didn't specify what foreign accent is because Ra's and Talia's own ethnicity and background is still very vague. And the world is a vast place, so why in the world would he have an American accent...let's be inclusive of other parts of the world too.

@rustyroy said:

@batshrine: I think since he is trained to be perfect at almost everything, he won't have an accent, like if he's speaking in German, he'll talk like he's a German.

And sure that makes sense, so when he is taught English...why is it that he is taught to speak like an American and not like an Australian, Indian, British, South African, or any accent of English...Unless you are saying an American accent is the perfect accent...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Reason why I didn't specify what foreign accent is because Ra's and Talia's own ethnicity and background is still very vague. And the world is a vast place, so why in the world would he have an American accent...let's be inclusive of other parts of the world too.

@rustyroy said:

And sure that makes sense, so when he is taught English...why is it that he is taught to speak like an American and not like an Australian, Indian, British, South African, or any accent of English...Unless you are saying an American accent is the perfect accent...

The most popular English accents are British and American, maybe he was taught to speak in both accents, or maybe he was taught to speak in American accent because his father is Batman and Batman is American. Anyways you are just nitpicking.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By batshrine

@rustyroy said:

@batshrine said:

@rustyroy said:

The most popular English accents are British and American, maybe he was taught to speak in both accents, or maybe he was taught to speak in American accent because his father is Batman and Batman is American. Anyways you are just nitpicking.

Most popular accent I would say is actually an Indian accent since there are more of them that speak english than Americans or Brits ;). And ya I would say I am nitpicking, and he may have been taught to speak in an American accent. I just personally would have enjoyed him having a separate one to make the Batfamily seem more inclusive and that its members don't have to be white american people. Just a wish. I am sure the move will still be amazing

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most popular accent I would say is actually an Indian accent since there are more of them that speak english than Americans or Brits ;). And ya I would say I am nitpicking, and he may have been taught to speak in an American accent. I just personally would have enjoyed him having a separate one to make the Batfamily seem more inclusive and that its members don't have to be white american people. Just a wish. I am sure the move will still be amazing

Well, he seems to have a darker skin tone than the others so that counts I guess.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#29  Edited By BatWatch

Good point, but I'd like to know why you volunteered to take over the BatWatch blog and then disappeared. It's certainly your right to back out if you felt you could not handle it or didn't want to commit to the project, but I find it disappointing that you made a promise and then wasted my time as I set up an account for you and shared my methods. A note explaining yourself would be the least you could do.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.