Should they go back to Dark Knight Returns?

#1 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

If Frank Miller decided to go back and write another sequel to Dark Knight Returns (one that was better than DKSA), would you want him to after (so I've heard) all the bad stuff he's done to Bats in All-Star Batman?

Think up a potential storyline, who'd the artist be, etc.

Personally, I think he could go with another chance and work with it.

#2 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"Nah, there's no need for another sequel to DKR, the way it ended in the first one is good enough and should've never had a sequel to begin with. I'd rather Frank write new stories, but yeah all-star bats sucks, good thing he teamed up with Jim Lee."

I was pretty disappointed with DKSA. They strayed to far away from what made the first DKR so great, and it had not the greatest art. Although it did have it's moments.

Is All-Star Batman really that bad? I mean (I'm not challenging people here, I'm geniunely wondering) what could Frank do that was so crappy?

#3 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, there's no need for another sequel to DKR, the way it ended in the first one is good enough and should've never had a sequel to begin with. I'd rather Frank write new stories, but yeah all-star bats sucks, good thing he teamed up with Jim Lee.

#4 Posted by lordraiden (7602 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"If Frank Miller decided to go back and write another sequel to *Dark Knight Returns* (one that was better than DKSA), would you want him to after (so I've heard) all the bad stuff he's done to Bats in *All-Star Batman*? Think up a potential storyline, who'd the artist be, etc. Personally, I think he could go with another chance and work with it."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He's done his dash on batman! I personally think he's just having some personal fun and having his way with that character and DC comics are just too stupid to say no to all the things he's doing in allstar! allstar batman is a nice visual, but that's about it! it makes absolutly no sense and is so far removed from the character of batman and his universe/characters, that's it's become a parody of batman!

#5 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"zero edge says:
"Nah, there's no need for another sequel to DKR, the way it ended in the first one is good enough and should've never had a sequel to begin with. I'd rather Frank write new stories, but yeah all-star bats sucks, good thing he teamed up with Jim Lee."

I was pretty disappointed with DKSA. They strayed to far away from what made the first DKR so great, and it had not the greatest art. Although it did have it's moments.

Is All-Star Batman really that bad? I mean (I'm not challenging people here, I'm geniunely wondering) what could Frank do that was so crappy?"

There are lots wrong, some people think Batman's dialogue is a little weird. He introduces a lot of the main DC characters but they all come off like pansys, except for WW who seems more manlier then Superman. And it takes forever to release, bi-monthly I think?

#6 Posted by donkrieg76543 (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.