Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Should the batman v. Superman movie have combat like this?

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think that captain america winter soldier had amazing combat and that Batman's fighting style should he similar to that. What do you think?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@batman1130: no. Synders batman should be like Nite-Owl from Watchmen.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people fail to understand, what does a good movie fight and they keep, lets go and copy something other movie did, then ask why Hollywood movies are terrible when you compare them with what its being made in Asia and DVD films.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's fighting style probably wont be like that. Less fancy kicks and knife flips and things like that, just brutal power and speed, like in the Dark Knight Returns.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: if it could be similar to the arkyhm games that would be awesome!

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the only one thta want Batman not to be outdated as hell?

Because people keep this outdated image of fighting in movies, really outdated.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing we can all agree with, this Batman will be badass. He is Snyder's Batman and one thing Snyder knows is awesome action sequence. I mean Superman in MOS was awesome too, those action sequence were really good. I wouldn't worry about it.

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeadpooltheT1000 **** no, fighting in movies is not outdated, that is half of the point of movies, 90% of the people who watched avengers and 80% watched winter soldier because of the fight scenes.

Now that I've calmed down @Batman1130 I state that no, Batman fighting style shouldn't be too muchlike captain America's fighting style. But by that I don't mean ditch the choreographed fight scene, winter soldier is one of the best movies I've ever seen and the knife fight was the best fight I've ever seen in movies, eclipsing the Nolan trilogy fights, but captain America's fighting style relies heavily on his meta human speed and strength that routinely flips people several times into a wall. That wouldn't fit for Batman. He primarily relies on dodging, stealth, redirection of energy. A perfect example of this is if you go into the Arkham Games, while punching and kicking is paramount, in hand to hand combat, without doing stealth takedowns, the most important thing is to be able to know when to redirect an opponents energy and when to punch the guy. As opposed to Captain America in the movies his style whose style is to punch the guy before he goes for the gun. Also, the fight scene where cap goes toe to toe with winter soldier wouldn't fit well with batman, that's special forces training and fighting, where the objective is to disable the other person quickly with super human reflexes using basic moves, they only need to know a couple moves to take down most opponents (that fight mostly involved Winter soldier attempting to just outright shank Captain America), with batman it would be ninja/boxing training and fighting, where the objective is to stay alive long enough to learn from your opponent and then pick the appropriate weapon and technique to disable them (Captain America kinda demonstrates this against Bucky, he holds off Winter Soldier's attack just long enough to learn that he should get some distance between him and Bucky and reclaim his shield to gain an advantage, but that was still just throwing the guy who's trying to stab you, that is not finding a new technique to apply to the fight)

All I'm saying is that yes, Batman fight scenes should be as well choreographed as winter soldier, but there should be a few changes for the fighting style.

And PS if they could get the guy who made the Arkham game to get input on it, that would be sweet

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@DeadpooltheT1000 **** no, fighting in movies is not outdated, that is half of the point of movies, 90% of the people who watched avengers and 80% watched winter soldier because of the fight scenes.

lol dem fake stats

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korbenheagerty: grew post! I totally see where you are coming from on the metahuman thing. I'd just like to see Batman's martial arts and acrobatics shown off more. But incorporating his stealh and cunning seems just as crititcal to properly representing the character

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely agree, the nolanverse was pretty good, but the fighting was sub-par, if they could get the people responsible for the winter soldier fight scene into the next movie the movie's awesomeness would double

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get the guys from The Raid to work on the fight scenes.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms said:

Get the guys from The Raid to work on the fight scenes.

Not going to happen, the fact they ground their fight scenes into look like fights and not like dancing, isnt what Hollywood think movie fighting it should be.

Too violent, too unpretty and too everything they dont think fight scenes should be.

@korbenheagerty said:

In another word, those movies where sh1t without the action scenes?

American movies are out dated, see dvd movies and asian movies, Hollywood its outdated as hell, they cant even do a proper Jackie Chan movie.

The way Hollywood make good action scenes its by copying what DVDs and Asia does.

Loading Video...

Go to see Donnie Yen movies, isnt even funny how incredible this movies are with way smaller budgets.

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

When most American movies do great scenes its by copying others.

http://www.davidbordwell.net/blog/2010/09/15/bond-vs-chan-jackie-shows-how-its-done/

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#14  Edited By amazing_webhead

TWS Cap was a total Mary-Sue

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeadpoolTheT1000 I'm not entirely sure that you're disagreeing with me, I just said that winter soldier was one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen, and although batman can't specifically mimic that style because it's different from his character, that sort of choreographed fight scene is exactly what the batman movies need.

The WS (winter soldier) knife fight was awesome, and that's because it mixes that Asian style you have listed of letting the viewer see the whole fight and American abruptness to produce a fast paced, yet mildly understandable fight scene which is the best thing I've seen in a long time.

The only thing I disagreed with you about is when you said fight scenes were outdated, you didn't explain that you meant you thought they could be better, you made it sound like you thought fight scenes in General should be outdated and phased out. (Also,my generalizations meant to say the majority of people walked into theater because they wanted to see cool fights, not that the movies would have been terrible without them)

@AmazingWebHead I'm curious, what is a "Mary Sue"

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fighting scenes are the least of my worries in BvS because snyder knows how to make good fighting scenes.

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead thanks for clarifying that

Also, what other movies has Snyder done, his name seems familiar...

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Mrnoital

I picture Batmans fighting style kinda like the first fight from Watchmen

Loading Video...

only in BvS he should be mostly in a mech suit in order to fight Superman

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: I'd still prefer no slow motion ad faster fighting than that. The fight scene is pretty solid though. I think batman just needs to be extremely quick and take out regular opponents with 1-3 punches/attacks but boss fights could be longer

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@batman1130: yeah I was mostly referring to the choreography and how the attacker basically didn't get hit, and yeah, that would be a boss fight, thugs would be done in no time

I'd think the fight scenes to be full speed like in MoS, but I don't mind a few slow motion moments, just a few less than watchmen and 300

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: agreed. I think batmans (sometimes brutal) efficiency and skill/speed should be showcased as well as his ability to counter attacks and fight and defeat multiple foes quickly

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Batman

Batman basically just has to be blocking and dodging every shot with relative ease like a boss then I'm totally happy

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rogueshadow  Moderator
    Loading Video...

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: combat like that would be awesome. Good fighting speed and moves

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: combat like that would be awesome. Good fighting speed and moves

Yeah, that really captures how I (and I thik a lot of people) picture Batman fighting, the same way the fights CA:TWS really felt like a great translation from page to screen for Cap's fighting prowess.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What i get from this, its that people dont see action movies and martial arts movies, only blockbusters.

@korbenheagerty: If you read the link about Bond, you can notice how Winter Soldier used a bunch of techniques that were born in the 90s.

Just mildly understandable, watch The Raid 2, they had the same thing they wanted to have, more moves, faster pace (velocity and rhythm) and are way more complicated, still you understand everything that its going on.

The movie used techniques that were being used in the 90s to hide the fact this actors cant fight, the edit, angles and camera movement its there for this reason.

But since The Matrix show you dont need this, then John Wick point this even more, you just need to train your actors, Tom Cruise its the best example of what a great action hero is, but he isnt the only one, several actors with no background have made incredible action movies.

Watch Kingsman it used the exact same thing that Winter Soldier use, but at the end the fight scenes are more brutal, faster, more complicated and are more understandable.

Colin Firth from all people in earth today, could became an action hero.

I get the love, but to be honest the movie action isnt remotely as special as people want to believe it is.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: it's more the speed of fighting that makes ca:tws seem like the fighting could be cool to have in DC's big movie

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: it's more the speed of fighting that makes ca:tws seem like the fighting could be cool to have in DC's big movie

Not only speed, rhythm, the Winter Woldier rhythm wasnt as great as people want to think, it feels weird and some times its like if something wasnt there.

Nolan Batman biggest failure was the fact the fighting lacks totally of any rhythm in them, the best fights were against Bane, but you can notice the times it had rhythm was thanks to the actors, not the choreographer.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: that does make sense. Hopefully the actors and choreographers have a good rythym picked out and change it up a bit throughout the movie too

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.