Should Nolan's Bane be the Bane for the New 52?

• 66 results
#51 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

@neale7 said:

@DustinFun1704: They wouldn't have to tweak Talia's back story that much. Bane was once Ubu, Ra's right hand man for a short while.

He pretended to be Ubu.@Bruxae said:

I loved the movies but, NO!

God no.

Why not? it's waaaaay better than what we've got currently.

#52 Posted by Bruxae (13905 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@neale7 said:

@DustinFun1704: They wouldn't have to tweak Talia's back story that much. Bane was once Ubu, Ra's right hand man for a short while.

God no.

You are probably right, but he is so different.. The Bane now is as we know him and there would be alot of outrage and awkward feelings if they just went and did such a massive change. But id be completely fine with if they did an all new character based on the new Bane, just give him another name and backstory.

#53 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bruxae said:

You are probably right, but he is so different.. The Bane now is as we know him and there would be alot of outrage and awkward feelings if they just went and did such a massive change. But id be completely fine with if they did an all new character based on the new Bane, just give him another name and backstory.

a new name and backsotry wouldnt that change the whole character?

#54 Posted by neale7 (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Just curious, but how did Bane pretend to be Ubu?

#55 Posted by SupBatz (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

Take certain elements from Nolan's Bane. Definitely make him more tactical than he has been in recent years. Nolan definitely got that right. But also keep the venom/powerhouse aspect of the character. And the original origin for Bane also better than Nolan's, imo.

I'd be willing to lose the classic luchador mask kind of thing but don't give him the appearance of Nolan's Bane. Perhaps something new appearance-wisewould be best.

#56 Posted by Bruxae (13905 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

@Bruxae said:

a new name and backsotry wouldnt that change the whole character?

Nope, I believe a character is defined by his personality and appearance, both of wich would remain the same.

#57 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

cool, i can respect that

#58 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

personality of nolan's ,look of secret six

#59 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bruxae said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@neale7 said:

God no.

No he really isn't,Nolan used elements from the comics themselves.I have no idea why comicbook fans complain so much about aesthetic and superficial aspects so much,Nolan's Bane was exactly like the comicbook Bane when he's well written.Smart,skilled,physically perfect,tactician,leader,tragic backstory,complexity with the added bonus of a superior outlook.Nolans Bane is Bane.@SupBatz said:

Take certain elements from Nolan's Bane. Definitely make him more tactical than he has been in recent years. Nolan definitely got that right. But also keep the venom/powerhouse aspect of the character. And the original origin for Bane also better than Nolan's, imo.

I'd be willing to lose the classic luchador mask kind of thing but don't give him the appearance of Nolan's Bane. Perhaps something new appearance-wisewould be best.

Venom was created before Bane and Bane ditched it after Knightfall,it was just a gimmick or weakness that led to his defeat in Knightfall,everything he did in that story could have been done without it,Vengeance of Bane:Redemption made that clear.He was never a powerhouse brick either.Those are just misconceptions the character has unfortunately been associated with.

#60 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALFMutant said:

Nolan's Bane was very much like when he first appeared. Tactical, brutal, shameful. In the new 52, he is a mindless monster, a gimmick reduced to guest as a secondary character. So yeah, I would prefer to have his version than the one we have now.

Thankyou.

#61 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel the movie universe and 52 universe is very much like Marvel 616 and the Ultimate universe. Basically its two sides of a coin. Yet since the Nolan batman movies have basically hit it out of the park in terms of fans both comic and movie fans alike, the exception of moving the movie Bane, the movie Joker, the movie Two Face into the 52 upstart could be a bold movie to bring movie fans to embrace the comic universe. So in short my answer is yes.

#62 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

F**king should have been.

#63 Posted by tjs4759 (42 posts) - - Show Bio
YES!!!!!
#64 Posted by jonny126 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind it. I think that Bane and Scarecrow are the two villains that Nolan actually did a memorable job with. Kind of like Mark Hamill with the Joker. When I read Scarecrow or Bane in the comics now I read them with the voice of the Nolan versions. Everyone else less so. I wouldn't mind those characters being shifted in that direction.

#65 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

No.Bane's look in the Nolan verse wouldn't work at all in the comic books.I mean it would work but it wouldn't look that well.

#66 Posted by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the New52 Bane should physically look like Nolan's Bane, and dress like him (Though have him keep the Luchador mask.). Most writers write Bane as a massive hulking monster with little brains. Bane is generally portrayed as '-presses venom button...turns into the Hulk-'. That seriously needs to change and I think that by having him be so huge physically, it allows writers to just focus on that instead of his brain. I think that by restraining his size and appearance (though keeping him still very strong and physically dominating), it will force writers to also address his intelligence.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.