Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Should I continue with The Dark Knight?

SpaceBoy_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I've been reading TDK since it started in Sep '11. It's the only batman series i collect. A lot of people give this negative feedback, personally I think it's quite good, but anyway. People say a lot of the other series are much better so my question is should I ditch TDK and opt for another series, if so which one.

My only issue is I like to have every issue from #1 and to collect all issues of another arc might be quite expensive...

SpaceBoy_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Batman is my favorite book right now. You should try it.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@spaceboy_n: if you like TDK, then keep reading it! It's your choice. I personally don't like it. Even Detective Comics is better. But if you're looking for Bat series, then... IMO, I think Batman, Batman & Robin, and Batman Inc. are better. However, if you like the series, then keep it! Don't let other people sway your opinions. If you want good recommendations for DC, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, and Wonder Woman are my personal favorites. Those are really awesome series.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@spaceboy_n: by all means if you like it keep reading it, you shouldn't stop on what other pepole think but if you want you could try out Batman and DC to see if you like it better then make your own decision

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceboy_n: If you have to ask this question then that is a bad sign. I have never been in the middle of a series I enjoyed and asked my self: "I wonder if I should stop reading this?"

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By roboadmiral

I think the main Batman is the best of the lot and I think it's definitely at least worth a look, but if you like The Dark Knight, read The Dark Knight.

ssbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dropped that book like a hot pancake its just not very necessary i mean it a good book but you don't need to read it for the rest of the universe and its not as good as the main batman or even batman and robin there are a lot other books more pertinent to the universe and even other bat-books like nightwing or batgirl or even batman and superman just saying though aquaman and the flash 2 of the best books in the new 52

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By gator4eva

I've so far been reading 4/5 batman series and Batman is definitely the best. I do like TDK though. If you enjoy it then definitely keep reading it. It's not the best though in my opinion.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get rid of that crap book an pick up batman, nightwing, or batwoman their great

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.