Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23504 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Should Court of Owls Be The Story For The Next Film?

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I mean you have a mystery that needs detective work and you have supernatural villains to separate it from Nolan...

Seems like a good choice to me. There would need to be some minor changes though.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By havoc1201

i would like to see that,it would work

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_House_of_L

Would love to see Court of Owls on the big screen.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MuyJingo

A resounding no. That story is trite, and I think it's best left to rest.

Mild_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mild_Karl

It'd be really, really neat, I think, but they won't let whoever makes the next Batman get away with it. The new Batman movie will have to have a strong, recognizable villain to sell & while the Court of Owls was a fun story, I don't think that's something that'll sell to audiences as the big "return to Gotham & return to Batman" story whenever DC decides to pick up from the groundwork that Nolan laid down.

That's just how I see it. Think an animated adaptation would sell though.

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vincent92

@OutlawRenegade: i don't think so because the story also connected to dick grayson's family history and would be weird without him, plus i would want the next to establish batman and robin story

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Vincent92 said:

@OutlawRenegade: i don't think so because the story also connected to dick grayson's family history and would be weird without him, plus i would want the next to establish batman and robin story

The I guess we disagree because I never want to see something as silly as Robin working with Batman on film. I'm with Bale on this one even though Bale is no longer in the role. Robin makes Batman less badass IMO. And you don't need the Dick Grayson parts for the story to work. #Don'tMeanToSoundLikeAPrick

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmashBrawler

@MuyJingo said:

A resounding no. That story is trite, and I think it's best left to rest.

Yup, I'm not sure if I'd like to see Batman R.I.P./The Cult-lite on the big screen.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Mild_Karl said:

It'd be really, really neat, I think, but they won't let whoever makes the next Batman get away with it. The new Batman movie will have to have a strong, recognizable villain to sell & while the Court of Owls was a fun story, I don't think that's something that'll sell to audiences as the big "return to Gotham & return to Batman" story whenever DC decides to pick up from the groundwork that Nolan laid down.

That's just how I see it. Think an animated adaptation would sell though.

Another villain like Riddler or Clayface could be added in.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crom-Cruach

It could be good if helmed by the right people. But we'll never see it.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Stormbox

Im loving snyders work but i wouldnt like to see the court of owls as a movie

It was snyders weakest story by far

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By wessaari

i would prefer it to be a DC Animated Movie. But longer than usual to actually cover up some of Dick's inclusion. If they get the right animators or artists to convery Capullo's work, and Snyder to be behind on it, than im all in

ReachDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReachDestroyer

There's so many better stories they should do as animated movies before Court of Owls. Killing Joke, I'm looking at you.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fodigg

The problem is that the court of owls would come across as very similar to the league of shadows, unless you went ahead and made them actually undead, which might not work with what we're used to seeing in the Batman films.

SpadesSlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpadesSlick

The Court of Owls would work better as the second or third in a trilogy instead of the first.

Avatar image for freddy_f_freeman
    Freddy_F_Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Freddy_F_Freeman

Court of Owls would be great for the big screen imo, only problem is people might shy away because there isnt a well known villain, i also think the way death of the family is going it seems like it would make a great 2nd or 3rd movie in a trilogy

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By gotwillpower

What's with all of The Court of Owls hate? It would work wonderfully! Not to mention, it would probably encourage more people to read the comic version, which would in turn bring more readers into comics! Seriously, The Court of Owls if what brought me into comics.

Also, it's not "trite" just because there are two similar bad guys (Black Glove, Court of Owls). Or, if you say that breaking Batman and then having him make a come back is trite, then haven't many more Batman stories been similar since Knightfall? Technically, all stories follow an archetype, but that doesn't mean they are bad.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Crom-Cruach said:

It could be good if helmed by the right people. But we'll never see it.

This.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmashBrawler

@gotwillpower: Because RIP and The Cult were superior stories?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By joshmightbe

I would like to see the next movie be the start of a trilogy that takes Dick Grayson from Robin to Nightwing. First movie opens whenhe's a kid in the circus, his parents die Bruce takes him in, he finds out he's Batman. Flash forward a couple years and say Bruce trained him so you have say a Robin between 15 and 17 just starting his crime fighting career, have him prove he's useful but Batman is still top dog. Second movie jumps ahead to Dick somewhere around 19 to 21 and is growing tired of being in the background and coming into conflict with Bruce and the movie ends on a darker tone with Dick quitting as Robin and the third he will come out as Nightwing and be forced to come back to Gotham to help Batman with a mission where he meets New Robin Jason Todd. At the end Batman comes to accept Dick as his own man and leaves a possible opening for a live action "Death in the Family" movie. And you call the whole thing the Shadow of the Bat trilogy.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gotwillpower

@SmashBrawler: Oh, sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. You're right, they are superior in every way.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SmashBrawler

@gotwillpower: Not artwise (at least R.I.P.). They have a lot more substance than The Court of Owls, though. I'm not a Snyder hater, The Black Mirror and Hungry City had more substance too.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eternal19

No not really. Maybe an animated film but not a llive action movie. Id prefer the next movie to be a batman and robin movie, to redeem the boy wonder's name and make him cool to audiences again and so we can get that John Robin blake travesty out of our minds

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By joshmightbe

Look folks us Robin fans accepted Nolan's disrespect for Robin cause he made some great films but now that he's out of the director's chair we want our boy wonder done right, none of that Chris O'Donnel nipple suited bulls**t

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

A Court of Owls movie? Half of the issues were Batman stuck in a maze.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@fodigg said:

unless you went ahead and made them actually undead, which might not work with what we're used to seeing in the Batman films.

The problem with that statement is that the next Batman movie can't be Nolanesque. It has to be fantastical. Why because we need to see a movie that is at least as enjoyable as Iron Man 1 (talking about entertainment value not tone) where we see the JLA batman (I've always contended that there are many batmans).

We need a batman that can through tech, insane level of skill and competence as well as almost supernatural levels of foresight and intelligence compete and defeat threats that are clearly super-human. We need to see the Batman that can take on White Martians, fight demons and defeat meta-humans. Otherwise the Batman of the next movie will have no place in a JLA feature.

To this end his enemy should be one with super-powers and resources and be a personal threat to at least city wide through his own power. We need the Poison Ivy who's mutant plants can crush sky-scrapers. We need the Hugo Strange we can make an army of monsters. We need the demonic enemy of Harvest Breed only ranked up to 100.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KnightRise

Too many elements came together through Snyder and Capullo in print that just wouldn't work in mainstream cinema.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By entropy_aegis

@OutlawRenegade said:

I mean you have a mystery that needs detective work and you have supernatural villains to separate it from Nolan...

Seems like a good choice to me. There would need to be some minor changes though.

Wait what detective work?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Good God no. 

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fodigg

@Crom-Cruach said:

@fodigg said:

unless you went ahead and made them actually undead, which might not work with what we're used to seeing in the Batman films.

The problem with that statement is that the next Batman movie can't be Nolanesque. It has to be fantastical. Why because we need to see a movie that is at least as enjoyable as Iron Man 1 (talking about entertainment value not tone) where we see the JLA batman (I've always contended that there are many batmans).

We need a batman that can through tech, insane level of skill and competence as well as almost supernatural levels of foresight and intelligence compete and defeat threats that are clearly super-human. We need to see the Batman that can take on White Martians, fight demons and defeat meta-humans. Otherwise the Batman of the next movie will have no place in a JLA feature.

To this end his enemy should be one with super-powers and resources and be a personal threat to at least city wide through his own power. We need the Poison Ivy who's mutant plants can crush sky-scrapers. We need the Hugo Strange we can make an army of monsters. We need the demonic enemy of Harvest Breed only ranked up to 100.

If even their Superman movie is "nolanesque", I don't think they're going to change that formula even with another director.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hell yeah!

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

movie NO,animated movie YES

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@entropy_aegis said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

I'd rather not spoil the last few issues. It has to do with Bruce finding out who runs the court.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By dernman

I don't think it would work out for a live action movie. It would be nice for an animated though.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By entropy_aegis

@OutlawRenegade said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

I'd rather not spoil the last few issues. It has to do with Bruce finding out who runs the court.

I have read the issues,no one ran the Court.It was organization of faceless,generic characters whom no one cares about cause the writer was more busy with the ninja zombie stuff.

Lincoln March himself was just an average joe who only appeared in a handful of pages before he suddenly became Owlman and Bruce's younger brother.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By SupBatz

@Kesho_Ronin said:

movie NO,animated movie YES

I agree with this. I imagine that it could work as a live-action film but I think it'd probably be done the most justice as a DTV animated film.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.