Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Selina Kyle OR Talia al Ghul Who Should Bruce Marry?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, there is Catwoman (who's a bitch), Talia (who's dead), Zatanna (who's with Constantine, I think), Wonder Woman (who's with Supes), Lois (who's alone and sad) and Dinah (who isn't with Oliver but is with that guy on Birds of Prey). So I think the last 4 are the best, one of them DC, please (if you're ever going to that).

I'd be happy with any of the last five given the BS with Talia is retconned.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Selina is the only woman imo who would understand and in fact embrace Bruce's lifestyle and need to be Batman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should do both at the same time.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Selina. I do hope they break the Batman status quo at some point and make him happy. It would easily have the effect of SSM but it would be something that is much more easily "fixable."

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Donna Troy

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

selina, she's the only one who loves both batman and bruce wayne IMPO as this was shown in brubakers run, heart of hush and even the animated series to a lesser extent.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: well considering she dosnt exist that would be some feat

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@conradoaccorsi said:

Well, there is Catwoman (who's a bitch), Talia (who's dead), Zatanna (who's with Constantine, I think), Wonder Woman (who's with Supes), Lois (who's alone and sad) and Dinah (who isn't with Oliver but is with that guy on Birds of Prey). So I think the last 4 are the best, one of them DC, please (if you're ever going to that).

What about Vicki Vale? I prefer Batman to be with any of the ladies mentioned above, but Vicki Vale isn't someone whose relationship with Batman has been explored much.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@rustyroy said:

@conradoaccorsi said:

What about Vicki Vale? I prefer Batman to be with any of the ladies mentioned above, but Vicki Vale isn't someone whose relationship with Batman has been explored much.

I think because a lot of the fans don't want to see their romance rekindled given the other choices, I mean if you give the fans the choice between seeing Batman with Catwoman, Zatanna, Wonder Woman or Vicki Vale, Vale would be 4th on the majority of lists. Doesn't mean they shouldn't explore it again but in an age where comic-book relationships seem to feel more like glorified fan fiction, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@rustyroy said:

@conradoaccorsi said:

I think because a lot of the fans don't want to see their romance rekindled given the other choices, I mean if you give the fans the choice between seeing Batman with Catwoman, Zatanna, Wonder Woman or Vicki Vale, Vale would be 4th on the majority of lists. Doesn't mean they shouldn't explore it again but in an age where comic-book relationships seem to feel more like glorified fan fiction, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

True.

bargoth125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think, while Batman is romantically attracted to a number of women such as Catwoman, Talia and Wonder Woman, none of them quite qualifies as his one true love. I believe that there is only one person whom Batman truly loves, one person who can fully understand and appreciate him, and that one person also happens to be his arch-nemesis. If I had to pick Batman's one true love, my guess would be the Joker.

NaveTorment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Selina, of course. It's a no brainer. The two should get together and make Bat/Cat babies and Huntresses and stuff. And NO to Wonder Woman, she's the sort of feminist superhero who can carry a story on her own without needing to be labelled "Superman's Girlfriend" or "Batman's Mistress." Geez. She has Steve Trevor. Bruce has Selina. Clark has Lois. I never understood why he should be marrying Talia al Ghul. In many ways she's like Mary Jane Watson -- yeah supportive and a bombshell but beyond that, she's merely eye-candy and has little in common with the hero; MJ's party-going supermodel lifestyle certainly doesn't go with Pete "ordinary joe" Parker who's a science whiz / vigilante. Similarly, a fundamentalist like Talia who wants to rule the world would have been better as a married wife of playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne rather than the Dark Knight.

DrakeParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Canary, In B.O.P. she seems to have trust issues, especially with the whole Ivy thing. But I believe, Batman would be the one to change her. And they could have a bond of respect and compassion for the other person.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman
    Because they balance eachother completely.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hoping they retcon Talia.

Avatar image for psychoticgirl21
    psychoticgirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think bruce should marry selina becuase selina and bruce know each other and they know each others identities so their would be no secrets except for the fact that we dont know selina as well as batman in some of the comics and in the new show gotham they are growing up with each other as freinds so theirs a double bonus

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By NYBreezy

Neither. He can never trust them. Talia would always side with her father, someone who commits mass murders, even before she was screwed up royally in comics. She would always go back to Ra's no matter how much she loves Bruce. And he could never fully trust Catwoman. She's never going to be a flat out hero, otherwise you are changing too much of her character. And she's not going to be a flat out villain where she kills tons of people. So she will never have any sides but hers. She will always be on her side. That would always define her. Her actions is always govern by that.

The woman who can probably get Bruce to marry her has to be independent, passionately driven, as stubborn as he, share the same values (justice), but can also take him out of his shell, as in get the real Bruce to show up. Not Batman or Bruce Wayne the playboy, but the real Bruce. The list for that type of woman is very short or nonexistent. You really have to get a superheroine to pair him up with because he will never fully trust an enemy (criminals) and he needs the type of woman that can take care of herself and defend herself better than he can. And what good is a relationship if its not built on trust.

Bjm316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman & Wonder Woman justice league unlimited cartoon

Avatar image for psychoticgirl21
    psychoticgirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean their is a lite movie were selina and bruce have damain and stuff and since right now gotham their are hints of selina and bruce so i think selia they balance each other out !!!

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#171  Edited By lamdaddy20

Selina

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nthmetalwarrior
    NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By NthMetalWarrior

BATZAT, BATANNA SHIP

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Selina Kyle They have more in common than him and Talia. Their romance is more iconic. The second she appeared in Batman #1 you could tell that there was something there and it has only grown with time. Theres just something about the Bat and the Cat that makes them perfect for each other.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

CapedMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By CapedMortal

Selina. It has shown time and again the bond she and Bruce shares, and that she can mend what is broken inside Bruce and vice-versa, since the tragedy that created the character(s). Knows each other inside-out. Both deeply love each other and respective personas. When it comes to Selina it is not one sided relationship, both are equally involved with each other. Fans knows it, DC knows it. If not marriage, the least DC can do is, take on the path of long-term relationship between these two. Here`s hoping.

bronxbrothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He married Vicki Vale

because she's a normal girl and is morally in-line with his values

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there's a better chance of Bruce having a long lasted relationship with Selina. Talia is too tied up with her father's mission to destroy mankind.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73a0365070
    deactivated-57e73a0365070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither. He should stay single.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By kgb725

Selina is the obvious choice but him and Lois would be pretty good

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Neither

unreals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By unreals

second @CapedMortal! It's Selina that Bruce should marry. She understands his mission and him as a person since the beginning. But the New 52 team apparently dislikes Selina, so they revived Talia and make her look good. That say, they prefer a leader of assassins to a jewel thief who doesn't kill.

jamaicangoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to be the guy who comes and says Wonder Woman.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Selina

Batman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

talia, shes hotter and apparently selina is lesbian now so...

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman44 said:

talia, shes hotter and apparently selina is lesbian now so...

She's bi-sexual.

ZoeChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ZoeChick

I think at the end of the day, if Batman was going to get married, most likely it would be to Selina Kyle/Catwoman. Especially if she is reformed.

Batman has had many loves, some greater than others, but to be honest, regardless of the era, timeline, or medium; him and Catwoman have been through the most with each other, good and bad, fighting and flirting, friends, allies, lovers, villains, they have ran the whole gamut and still have ended up with each other in their lives. And as the years goes by, in real time and in comic book time; their relationship has become more positive. Maybe not perfect or completely romantic, but they have grown in their partnerships and interactions with each other.

Like all good solid relationships that could be or are meant to be long-term, they have grown together and into each other, they have grown to love and respect each other and the longer the time continuum, from 1940 - Feb 2017, the closer they get to each other. They just know each other now; backwards and forwards. And they show up for each other time and time again.

ZoeChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, to be honest, Batman is not going to be married to ANYBODY who is on the opposite side of the law. So he is not going to marry the "greatest thief in the world" and he's not going to marry the leader or family member of a criminal empire either.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bearing in mind the current events in Rebirth...

Neither

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

Bearing in mind the current events in Rebirth...

Neither

ZoeChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: Batman most likely will never get married. A reformed Selina or a "normal girl" fiancée who doesn't leave him would be the closest choices but DC Comics is most likely not going to get Batman hitched.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman could do better..

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman but not Kate Kane... some new Batwoman. Maybe.... Marian Mercer :P

Thegamemanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Julie Madison....

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

None, he's married ( so to say) to his crusade.

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By kmb501

Catwoman--they have a lot in common...

Talia--he would be a very powerful man...

TheBroodingBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: isn't there once a story about Bruce and Lois? I think they would be great together. They even have a son (Bruce Wayne Jr). Or is it just a what-if story? But they were good. Or better yet, if Clark were a girl i would love him to be with Bruce. Shame there's no way they would write these two men in a relationship. The world's finest in everything (relationship included). Clark seems like what Bruce needs in somebody. Well i'll take Bruce x Lois or Bruce x Diana any day rather than these two women. Bat/Cat and Bruce x Talia seems dysfunctional and unhealthy for me.

Or just don't let Bruce marry and settle for somebody. He's married to Gotham and she's his true love. Beside justice that is.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Or Wonder Woman

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By AssassinB

With a woman? pfffff Please, he is already married with the Joker. There, I said it. Go and lynch me now.

No b*ches for Batman, none of them, no Catwoman, no Talia, no Zatanna, no Vicky Vale, no Rachel Dwarves, no Barbara Gordon, no Black Canary, no Silver St.Cloud, no Lois Lane, no Andrea Beaumont, no Harley Quinn, no Julie Madison, no russian ballerinas bla, bla, bla and definitely no Wonder Woman or.... Superman?.

Hell, not even his "Bat-Family" really knows him or understands him the way his nemesis does. And Joker and Batman "need" each other. Like it or hate it. Joker is the only "twin soul" for Batman.... forever. As twisted and dark as that is....

But in all seriousness, the real Batman dosen't marry. But delusions will always be there. If Batman ever "marries" is only because of fan service...

Batman is not a "normal man" in the head. So, trying to make him do "normal" things is not in his character. He can romance all those women, DC could write great stories with all of them, it already has; but Batman will never "settle down" is just not in his characterization to do that. We all wan't to see him happy, to grow, to become an emotionally balanced individual, but that's not who he is, period.

Besides..... look....look at this face, is all your fault people!!! How dare you guys suggest Batman belongs with someone else...that he should abandon madness himself and become... sane. How dare you!!!

No Caption Provided

There is no Batman without the Joker, deal with it!!!!

No Caption Provided

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

While Batman and Catwoman are a more classic couple, I actually like Bruce being with Talia more. But based on what I have heard about her recently, because I don't read many Batbooks, she has gone full evil, so I guess that ship has sailed too.

But honestly I can't see him staying with a woman for long and settling down. I just don't think he is that type of man.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.