Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

ScrewAttack's New Death Battle: Batman vs Captain America

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I actually don't care about the video or the matchup, but this seems like it could make some people cry and wail, perhaps not as much as that Superman vs Goku one, but I am nothing if not kept alive by schadenfreude.

Link

Somehow I doubt Bruce would actually hang Steve by a lamppost, but I suppose it's called a death battle for a reason.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It's out already??!! Christ this is fast.

Also I guess I've spoilt myself on the outcome but I guessed Death Battle would go that way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
    deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, they mixed every incarnation of the two characters ever apparently. Using feats from movies, video games, the Ultimate universe, ect. I thought that was kind of strange.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, they mixed every incarnation of the two characters ever apparently. Using feats from movies, video games, the Ultimate universe, ect. I thought that was kind of strange.

It's what they did for the Superman vs Goku Death Battle so I hardly find it surprising. They also highballed Batman's feats by saying that since he can take on Darkseid and sneak past Superman, he can sneak attack Captain America. Another thing Death Battle does. Though I do think Batman wins.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@lvenger said:

@thebourneposter said:

It's what they did for the Superman vs Goku Death Battle so I hardly find it surprising. They also highballed Batman's feats by saying that since he can take on Darkseid and sneak past Superman, he can sneak attack Captain America. Another thing Death Battle does. Though I do think Batman wins.

Please don't tell me that many people actually take these battles seriously.....please.I'm praying

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#7 frozen  Moderator

Interesting to see Keaton/Nolan feats used.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@thebourneposter said:

Please don't tell me that many people actually take these battles seriously.....please.I'm praying

Oh no they do, the Screw Attack flame wars and Youtube comment section are evidence of that much. People take the animated fight at least as equally serious as the analysis sometimes. Death Battle are regarded as a credible source in some Internet circles.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@cameron83 said:

@lvenger said:

@thebourneposter said:

Oh no they do, the Screw Attack flame wars and Youtube comment section are evidence of that much. People take the animated fight at least as equally serious as the analysis sometimes. Death Battle are regarded as a credible source in some Internet circles.

I think I'm gonna vomit.

I just saw the Spider-man one,too.

At least it's only with zealous fans,I think.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@cameron83 said:

@lvenger said:

@thebourneposter said:

I think I'm gonna vomit.

Well the Spider-Man one at least showed the obviously correct result. Spider-Man would obliterate Batman in a random fight. This one is highly controversial, closely matched and hotly contested so making a ruling here can make for flammable results.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I didn't expect to see this outcome but I am more than pleased with it. I am glad that in a way they are following my logic and opinion and think that this is the only reasonable outcome to this battle.

The finale was something I wouldn't expect Batman to do but it was funny.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isnt going to end well.

Even when i think Batman could beat Captain America in a fight, it would be really long and i am sure Batman would have to retire after that fight.

This fight makes the Captain America bad.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the hell would Cap throw his shield blindly into the smokescreen? I mean seriously!? The fight should have lasted longer imo. It would have been bad ass if they would had them fight until the crack of dawn. Not gonna lie, it was pretty funny when Batman threw Cap's shield back with the explosive Bat gel lol.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@cameron83 said:

@lvenger said:

@thebourneposter said:

I think I'm gonna vomit.

what did you think of the spider-man one?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@lvenger said:

@thebourneposter said:

I can't tell you how many times users have tried using Death Battles as a reference to support their arguments.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83 said:

@lvenger said:

@cameron83 said:

@lvenger said:

@thebourneposter said:

I think I'm gonna vomit.

what did you think of the spider-man one?

To be honest,I can't exactly say I care a lot about ScrewAttack....it was okay,I guess.....

sorry,my answer is so crappy.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@cameron83 said:

@lvenger said:

@thebourneposter said:

I can't tell you how many times users have tried using Death Battles as a reference to support their arguments.

To tell you the god honest truth,I can't exactly say that I'm surprised for the most part. I mean,a portion of me is a bit disappointed,but not for the most part.

If that makes sense....

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

So...Batman won?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By comicace3

Thank you citizen....saren for posting this. I did want batman to win, but we as comic book readers and gamers know this is all some bullsh!t. I don't see the fight going like that.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat ending though....

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

So...just saw it...that was kind of a dumb fight, felt like they didn't put enough effort into it. I mean, I have personally always been on the Batman Side for this debate..but come on, Cap would have put up a better fight than that.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that made it hillarious. This video made my day. Despite the strange methodology, the conclusion was correct :)

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is just something that I heard, but they got the video out fast because it was something they had prepared in case something happened that would mess up their schedule, like the hard drive crashing for Godzilla vs. Gamera.

And while everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I'm sick of people complaining about Death Battle. It is a show meant for entertainment purposes that predicts who is more likely to win and makes an entertaining fight simulation to reflect that. It is not the 100% final definitive answer, just the more probable one (watch the Starter Pokemon Death Battle, where they state that outright at the end). And I hate all the complaints the show gets because there are very few shows on the internet like it or as fair as it, yet all these haters seem to think Death Battle should be banned or stop making videos just because they don't agree.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@erik said:

@cameron83 said:

@lvenger said:

@thebourneposter said:

Which is indeed a stupid thing to do if you ask me.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Damn. Cap got wrecked.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By Keenko
    No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was pandering.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Cap lost too easily.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

It was pandering.

This. I'm sorry but Cap made some odd choices in the fight, plus Batman deflected his shield? You mean a shield that can tear a tank in half wasn't enough to damage Batman in any way? Seems to me they just didn't want another fan rage like the Superman and Spider-man wins. Not saying Batman couldn't win, but for the most part Cap 7/10 without prep.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
    deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: I would't disagree with the result, just the absurdly roundabout way of getting it. And if they were using Ultimate Cap, he should have stomped.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always been one to say that Batman would beat Cap.

But, yet again, Death Battle selectively chooses what feats and gear they feel like using.

Shock Gloves? Really?

Jmarshmallow

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I agree with the outcome but that was very poorly done. Extremely disappointing

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

This. Though apparently they rushed it through in case something happened to one of their other Death Battles e.g Godzilla vs Gamera. That's why it looked so hastily done IMO.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RustyRoy

@lvenger said:

@sog7dc said:

This. Though apparently they rushed it through in case something happened to one of their other Death Battles e.g Godzilla vs Gamera. That's why it looked so hastily done IMO.

What happened? This is the first time I've seen one.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@lvenger said:

@sog7dc said:

What happened? This is the first time I've seen one.

Basically they lost the recording of their voice over for Godzilla and Gamera's history/abilities and apparently this Death Battle was made quite quickly in case they couldn't get Godzilla vs Gamera out.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe there is a chance they will redo it?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
    BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I felt as this was pandering, since Batman lost against Spider-Man. They made Cap look like a chump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5df99b4bb2d5b
    deactivated-5df99b4bb2d5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually like deathbattle and i do belive batman would have won. However, this battle felt rushed and i think they lowballed cap alot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.