SCOTT SNYDER QUITS BATMAN!!!

#1 Edited by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a few days after promoting Zero Year at Wondercon Scott Snyder had just announced bia twitter that he is effectively leaving Batman on issue 21...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/01/scott-snyder-quits-batman/

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Batman-writer-leaving/

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=445734

Oh No!

#2 Edited by The_Tree (7447 posts) - - Show Bio

Page not found. April Fools.

My least favorite day of the year.

#3 Edited by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio

It is not April Fools in my time zone yet, so this is just stupid

#4 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Not funny.He should leave.

#5 Edited by RaggedScarecrow (844 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon, evidenced by the 11 issue story are he's planning (Zero Year).

#6 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

......oh noooooo......... :P

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Choke on a bag of dicks.

#8 Edited by MuyJingo (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate April fools. I was actually excited when I saw the links, then I quickly remembered. If only it were true.

#9 Posted by prettyscary (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not, I love this series.

#10 Edited by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by consolemaster001 (5560 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Saren (25669 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd probably have fallen for it (lol no) if I hadn't read the nightmarish WonderCon news that Snyder has signed on to be Batman's writer until at least issue 50.

#13 Posted by The_Tree (7447 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd probably have fallen for it (lol no) if I hadn't read the nightmarish WonderCon news that Snyder has signed on to be Batman's writer until at least issue 50.

Issue 50? Dear lord.

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to see his stupid work until issue 50!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#15 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (844 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: Not necessarily. If a large portion of their readership (most likely over 20%) stopped buying Batman then DC would take him off the title and hire a new writer.

#16 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

@raggedscarecrow: That's not possible.Even if most of the readers don't like the book they will continue buying it because that's their favorite character and they want to see what is going to happen with him.

#17 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

5 freaking 0? (Read:50)

I can live with that.

#18 Posted by spideybigtime (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he writes Batman really well. Court of Owls and Death of the Family were great examples of this.

#19 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (6853 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS JUST IN---- ROB LIEDELD is TAKING OVER BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Edited by MuyJingo (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

So almost 3 more years of Snyder. Well....damn it. Worst news I've heard all day.

At least I still have Tomassi' Batman and Robin, and the new Superman/Batman book looks promising.

#21 Posted by SmashBrawler (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

Oh. Yay.

#22 Edited by thejman250 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@citizenbane said:

Issue 50? Dear lord.

- So no half decent Batman book for more than a year? Oh well. Consider it dropped.

#23 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it funny how at the beginning of the New 52 all i heard was of how great a writer Scott Snyder is and how the Court of Owls arc is a masterpiece, but now after the Death of the Family arc( which wasnt even that bad) a lot of people just started hating on him. Kinda shows how hard it is to please comic book fans

#24 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

lol for a sec I thought it was Snyder's April Fools joke, not yours.

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by thejman250 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it funny how at the beginning of the New 52 all i heard was of how great a writer Scott Snyder is and how the Court of Owls arc is a masterpiece, but now after the Death of the Family arc( which wasnt even that bad) a lot of people just started hating on him. Kinda shows how hard it is to please comic book fans

- When one stops looking at Snyder's run as a batman fan, and starts looking at it in a more analytical fashion, one's opinion on the book will probably change and become more realistic.

#27 Posted by PortlandsBatman (208 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@citizenbane said:

Issue 50? Dear lord.

- So no half decent Batman book for more than a year? Oh well. Consider it dropped.

He isn't signed on 'till issue 50, he said he has ideas ready for issues up to 50, he has no contract keeping him on till then. But I am a fan of his so I would be fine with 50 and more.

#28 Posted by End_Boss (736 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by thejman250 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman250 said:

@the_tree said:

@citizenbane said:

Issue 50? Dear lord.

He isn't signed on 'till issue 50, he said he has ideas ready for issues up to 50, he has no contract keeping him on till then. But I am a fan of his so I would be fine with 50 and more.

- That's good news i suppose. I'm still thinking about dropping it after Zero Year regardless though.

#30 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#31 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank God. I want to see what more Synder can do.

#32 Edited by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Believe me, if DC has any intelligence, they'll leave Snyder on the book as long as possible

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.