Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Scott Snyder Prepares You for the Batman Event: "Night of the Owls"

• 54 results
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By John Valentine

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@John Valentine said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@John Valentine said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Sweet, let's see how this rips off Morrison's Batman. -____-

How has it ripped off Morrison's Batman so far?

I dont think Snyder is ripping off Morrison per se,it's just that whatever he's doing right now feels like a poor mans version of what Morrison did.

I've enjoyed it. Morrison's stuff was fantasitc, no question, but it's a lot harder to read through. Synder's Detective Comics run was superb.

That's how I've sort of seen Snyder's stuff, as an easier to read adaptation of Morrison's.

That's not always a bad thing. Sometimes Morrison's writing style doesn't pay off. I'm talking mainly about Final Crisis here, but a few things in his Batman have been like that.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @John Valentine said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@John Valentine said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@John Valentine said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I dont think Snyder is ripping off Morrison per se,it's just that whatever he's doing right now feels like a poor mans version of what Morrison did.

I've enjoyed it. Morrison's stuff was fantasitc, no question, but it's a lot harder to read through. Synder's Detective Comics run was superb.

That's how I've sort of seen Snyder's stuff, as an easier to read adaptation of Morrison's.

That's not always a bad thing. Sometimes Morrison's writing style doesn't pay off. I'm talking mainly about Final Crisis here, but a few things in his Batman have been like that.

You didn't like Final Crisis!? D= 
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By John Valentine

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@John Valentine said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@John Valentine said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@John Valentine said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

You didn't like Final Crisis!? D=

Wasn't the best thing he's written. Second to that it required a ridiculously intricate knowledge of DCU Multiverse history to understand. I much preferred his original Batman stuff (Batman and Son - R.I.P.), as well as his Batman stuff after the event (Batman and Son, Batman Incorporated).

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By KidSupreme

Shit i'm soo excited about this series but I dunno in what order to read them in??

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.