Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Scott Snyder leave or stay?

• 60 results
    QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Scott Snyder leave or stay? (105 votes)

Stay 74%
    Leave 26%

What do u guys think have u been liking his run or do u want a new creative team for the caped crusader?

• 
    Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By Gracetrack

Seriously, people...

Of course he needs to stay. If you are in the minority that thinks he has been mediocre as a Batman writer, I feel your pain. I really do. (I was in that group during Morrison's run.)

However, the greater majority (myself included) has been enjoying Snyder a great deal. His simpler but arguably more exciting writing style is the best thing that could have happened to Batman after the 7-year odyssey of convolution that was Grant Morrison (though I did enjoy some of his stuff as well).

Definitely do not want to see his take on the character come to an end yet. His run has really only just begun, relatively speaking (compared to Morrison's).

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@enigmalantern said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@enigmalantern said:

Stay, but I'd also like to see him involved with other characters. I think we could write Martian Manhunter or Flash well.

I'd LOVE to see a Martian Manhunter solo series written by Snyder (even a Martian Manhunter solo series by itself), it would get an instant spot on my pull list.

IKR? He's perfect for Martian Manhunter. Maybe for art Ivan Reis.

To be honest, if they do release a Martian Manhunter title with Snyder writing then I would imagine they'd put at minimum a decent artist on the title. Ivan Reis is not a bad shout. You're pushing me into wishful thinking and false hope over a Martian Manhunter solo title ever existing in the new 52, stop it! D':

I'm totally in the same area as you! I really want a Martian Manhunter ongoing! And I think if Snyder can get Jim Lee on board for Superman Unchained, I think he can a great artist like Ivan Reis.

But he'd be perfect for Martian Manhunter, who's like a cross between Batman and Superman lol.

Preach it sista'!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

He's a good writer and he does a good job as not having Batman just win over and over and get less interesting with every issue like most Batman books.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@enigmalantern said:

@enigmalantern said:

Stay, but I'd also like to see him involved with other characters. I think we could write Martian Manhunter or Flash well.

I'd LOVE to see a Martian Manhunter solo series written by Snyder (even a Martian Manhunter solo series by itself), it would get an instant spot on my pull list.

To be honest, if they do release a Martian Manhunter title with Snyder writing then I would imagine they'd put at minimum a decent artist on the title. Ivan Reis is not a bad shout. You're pushing me into wishful thinking and false hope over a Martian Manhunter solo title ever existing in the new 52, stop it! D':

I'm totally in the same area as you! I really want a Martian Manhunter ongoing! And I think if Snyder can get Jim Lee on board for Superman Unchained, I think he can a great artist like Ivan Reis.

But he'd be perfect for Martian Manhunter, who's like a cross between Batman and Superman lol.

Preach it sista'!

Except I'm a guy! lol

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@enigmalantern said:

@enigmalantern said:

@enigmalantern said:

Preach it sista'!

Except I'm a guy! lol

I guessed but I just love the "Preach it sista'!" quote

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't really care if he stays or leaves as long as he doesn't interfere with other Batman writers' works, I'm really excited for Booch and Manapul's take on Batman, I already know I'll enjoy it million times more than Snyder's run.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
    Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Snyder's run will go down as one of the best in Batman lore. But like all the other great runs, it cannot last forever.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Gracetrack

@manwhohaseverything said:

Snyder's run will go down as one of the best in Batman lore. But like all the other great runs, it cannot last forever.

Of course. But it sure seems like he still has a lot more creative gusto left to produce many more great stories before he leaves.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
    Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@omnicrono said:

@manwhohaseverything said:

Of course. But it sure seems like he still has a lot more creative gusto left to produce many more great stories before he leaves.

I hope so. Met him and Greg at a comic-con in B-More last year. Nice guys, and I think they'll leave Batman on their own terms, whenever they feel they can't give the title 100% anymore.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Why would you want him to leave? His Batman comics are some of the most consistently highly rated comics currently out there. His Court of Owls is what finally made me a Batman comic fan....

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott Snyder is a great writer. I just wish he'd lighten Batman up a bit. I'm really liked the last moment with Bruce and Dick in the Night of the Owls. Although, reading other titles may have just brought my interest down. Batman and Red Hood was kind of the straw that broke the camels back. Being that it's the same continuity, I viewed Tomasi's and Snyder's Batman as the same character, so I carry the negativity.

The big problem with Snyder and comics in general, is that I'd wish he'd not make the villains so over powered. I don't like Riddler having over 20 ways to break out of his cell Joker being able to "teleport" all over the place with ninja skills, or Clayface not only being able to take shapes, but people's memories. The stories are so dark that when things like that happen it seems really cheesy to me. Wolverine was my second or third favorite character and I lost all interested, when he became so over powered. I liked when I feared for his life from a gun shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.