Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Rogues - Ra's and Bane Overrated

• 57 results
    Avatar image for theamazingbatman
    theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@theamazingbatman said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@theamazingbatman said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@theamazingbatman said:

@entropy_aegis:

Why is bane better than slade??

who mentored bruce?

He has history with Batman,Slade doesn't,writers need dynamic and story not who would fare better in a ring. Alfred mentored Bruce.

Yes.The only victory Bruce has is over a venom less Bane in Legacy.

In TDKR they did not show that they had history together.

So?

You said bane was a better villain than slade due to his history with batman but they had no history in TDKR.

@theamazingbatman said:

@farkam said:

@theamazingbatman said:

@farkam said:

@theamazingbatman: So you know nothing about Bane either?

I know about bane much more than slade.

So let me get this straight? You only heard of Deathstroke a week ago, don't know jack about him, have never read a comic book with him and you think he is a better villain than Bane, who you also don't know sh*t about.

How incredibly idiotic.

No Caption Provided

1: you're getting rude

2: I read almost half his page so I do know jack about him

3: bane was nowhere near impressive in the movie and that's why I think slade would have been a better foe.

Hardly,since when did reading a wiki make someone knowledgeable? if that were the case people would stop going to universities and training centers

Bane was the most impressive character in that trilogy,he was as good as the laws of Nolan's universe allowed him to be.If Deathstroke was in that movie he too would have been heavily watered down.

You are saying that to learn about a character people should go to universities?? :P

Bane was more impressive than the joker?? I can't believe this.

No people should read their comics,just like if someone wants to graduate in Law then he should go to Law school. Bane WAS more impressive than the Joker,everything that the Joker did Bane did as well but 100 times bigger.

I'm talking about the comics not the movies,movies take liberty,creative license after all,but I guarantee you if Slade was in Rises he would've been absolutely nothing like Deathstroke as we know and love him.

I don't have enough time time to read comics so I rely on wikis. Joker was more interesting than bane.

Ok I agree.

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So much of the replies in this thread prove so many points. Such as people not really doing basic research on a character. They find out about characters through the movies or the video game and either just started reading comics via New 52 or just take character backstory from what they know in the games and thin it's cannon. Someone jokingly mentioned having to go to 'university' to learn about a character...you could look right on this site or even a wiki and get a better basic understanding of the actual characters but to assume that what you see in the movie about a character or the video games or even cartoons is just asinine.

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dear God the trolling...
    Anywho, I've heard some oldschoolers express the opinion that Joker might not have even stayed in the public consciousness as much as he has if it wasn't for "Batman." Who knows, if he hadn't gotten that exposure, maybe he would have faded into a less prominant place in the rogues gallery.
    Bottom line, the movies definitely boost a characters performance and public opinion. That doesn't mean a character doesn't have potential. Let's also remember that characters aren't fixed, they're always in motion. Just because a character doesn't have a wonderful catalog of work doesn't mean writers can't do wonderful things with them.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RustyRoy

@azrael_online: Ra's is a minor character? lol. This guy gave the JLA the run for their money, he's one of the very few villains who actually knows who Bruce is, is a bigger threat to him than most of Batman's villains, has a relationship with Batman on a more personal level than most of his villains. One can say he was very underrated before the Nolan movies. He's got some really great stories with Batman, how many does Riddler, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze etc. have? And the Games, Movies and Animated shows count too, Batman would've been no where this popular if it wasn't for the movies and TV shows. You could've just posted this in the other thread, you didn't even post who you like the most or was it Hush who has just two good stories and nothing else.

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By Azrael_Online

@rustyroy: Guessing by your response your a HUGE fan of the Al Ghul. Once again, since the early 90's the next time he was really around for anything big was around the Morrison run. And no, just because I asked on a poll for a different thread why Hush wasn't on it doesn't mean he is my favorite villian, I was just wondering. Grayson. I personally don't really have a favorite villian to be honest unless you conder Pre-52 Red Hood a villain...or is he more anti-hero. I did find Hush interesting, and sad they didn't use him more. Then again there's only so much pre-bat story they can make up I suppose.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

It is true about Bane but not about Ra's. There have been many stories that featured him as a major villain long before the Nolan films. Even in the Animated Series, at one point Batman described him as being worse than Joker and Lex Luthor combined. As for Bane, his big moment as a major villain arrived just as fast as it was taken away. In Knightfall volume 1, after being built up as "Batman's worst enemy", he was later on defeated by a faux Batman, and was not able to recover since.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bane is a one-hit wonder that really needs to be retired for good. His personality is dull and the writers keep trying to turn him into more of a Villain Sue as time goes on (smarter and stronger than everyone else Batman has faced? Yeah, right. I still remember laughing at the sheer stupidity of Bane punking KGBeast. If Batman writers have any sense of justice, we'll see a rematch where KGBeast completely destroys Bane in the future), and as people pointed out, it still doesn't stop Batman from owning his ass most of the time when they meet.

Ra's really doesn't fit as a Batman villain. I realize that Dennis O'Neil was trying to go for a more James Bond-esque Batman when he created Ra's as an antagonist, but it really doesn't work. Ra's is still one-note, and him and the League seem like better enemies for Captain America than Batman.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@anjales said:

It is true about Bane but not about Ra's. There have been many stories that featured him as a major villain long before the Nolan films. Even in the Animated Series, at one point Batman described him as being worse than Joker and Lex Luthor combined. As for Bane, his big moment as a major villain arrived just as fast as it was taken away. In Knightfall volume 1, after being built up as "Batman's worst enemy", he was later on defeated by a faux Batman, and was not able to recover since.

Batman cautioned Terry about Bane in Batman Beyond,completely dismissing the fact that he was an old guy,he still called him a deadly adversary and that crap about Ra's being more dangerous than Lex is ...crap.We both know it's not true.Ra's had 4 major stories before Nolan movies,Bane had 2(twenty year difference between their creation) seems pretty even to me.

Bane is a one-hit wonder that really needs to be retired for good. His personality is dull and the writers keep trying to turn him into more of a Villain Sue as time goes on (smarter and stronger than everyone else Batman has faced? Yeah, right. I still remember laughing at the sheer stupidity of Bane punking KGBeast. If Batman writers have any sense of justice, we'll see a rematch where KGBeast completely destroys Bane in the future), and as people pointed out, it still doesn't stop Batman from owning his ass most of the time when they meet.

Ra's really doesn't fit as a Batman villain. I realize that Dennis O'Neil was trying to go for a more James Bond-esque Batman when he created Ra's as an antagonist, but it really doesn't work. Ra's is still one-note, and him and the League seem like better enemies for Captain America than Batman.

Kg Beast was owned by Huntress,Nightwing and Two-Face,he became a major league jobber cause his character became outdated.Batman has beaten Bane only once,I've already pointed it out,stop with the misinformation.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@rustyroy said:

@azrael_online: Ra's is a minor character? lol. This guy gave the JLA the run for their money, he's one of the very few villains who actually knows who Bruce is, is a bigger threat to him than most of Batman's villains, has a relationship with Batman on a more personal level than most of his villains. One can say he was very underrated before the Nolan movies. He's got some really great stories with Batman, how many does Riddler, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze etc. have? And the Games, Movies and Animated shows count too, Batman would've been no where this popular if it wasn't for the movies and TV shows. You could've just posted this in the other thread, you didn't even post who you like the most or was it Hush who has just two good stories and nothing else.

Hush doesn't even have 2 good stories.Heart of Hush was very good,House was decent and Hush wasn't even about Hush.He's a complete failure imo.

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Hoplite91

@azrael_online: Question for OP: Which villains do you think are underrated or should have been in the Nolan films?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.