Robert Downey Jr. Hates The Dark Knight

#1 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Source : http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/page3.html#688203

Story :

"I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

He added that if he never works with DC Comics, it will be fine with him. "You know, you're never too old to burn your bridges because I believe I have offended everyone," he said. "I think I've got a couple more. 'I'll burn that bridge when I come to it' is my favorite phrase I've ever coined."

#2 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

#3 Edited by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Source : http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/page3.html#688203

Story :

"I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

He added that if he never works with DC Comics, it will be fine with him. "You know, you're never too old to burn your bridges because I believe I have offended everyone," he said. "I think I've got a couple more. 'I'll burn that bridge when I come to it' is my favorite phrase I've ever coined."

"
YES.I love Robert Downey Jr.(in a way a man loves another man)
Moderator
#4 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
Wow.. thats rather interesting. But Robert Downey Jr. is the man yo. That dude was awesome as Tony Stark in Iron Man and he was hilarious as Kirk Lazarus in Tropic Thunder...
#5 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL"
It is kinda funny
#6 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio

lawl

#7 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Well forget him lol

#8 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet it was Marvels wet dream for him to say that

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"I bet it was Marvels wet dream for him to say that"
Marvel probably doesn't care.
Moderator
#10 Posted by Adam Vertigo (314 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont even think he would fit any role in DC, glad he's on team Marvel

#11 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Voidheart said:
"I bet it was Marvels wet dream for him to say that"
Marvel probably doesn't care."
Quesada does
#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Voidheart said:
"I bet it was Marvels wet dream for him to say that"
Marvel probably doesn't care."
Quesada does"
He told you?
Moderator
#13 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

I can read minds... and besides, how many kids do you think saw the movie? how many kids would listen what the real ironman has to say? don't you think they would do what their rolemodel says?

#14 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"I bet it was Marvels wet dream for him to say that"

lmfao!!!
#15 Posted by Adam Vertigo (314 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"I can read minds... and besides, how many kids do you think saw the movie? how many kids would listen what the real ironman has to say? don't you think they would do what their rolemodel says?"

lol
#16 Posted by G-Man (32555 posts) - - Show Bio

This was posted on the giantbomb site.  I posted what Quesada thought about the Dark Knight.

I think it's quite arguably one of the greatest super-hero movies ever made…until it NEVER ended!

I loved the movie so much that I found myself getting angry with it because it was so unbelievably good and it really didn't need to be all that long. Heath Ledger was magnificent, the script was brilliant, but did it need three third acts?  Ugh. I'm sill angry simply because it was just that good.  It was also a very bleak movie. Not for a second did I want to be Batman or live in Gotham City, but I think that bleakness was compounded because the movie was so long.  Still, a masterpiece. And the first time I've found myself at a super-hero movie caring less about the guy in the costume and waiting in anticipation for more of the villain.


I don't know if Downey was 100% serious. 
Staff
#17 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
G~man said:
"This was posted on the giantbomb site.  I posted what Quesada thought about the Dark Knight.

I think it's quite arguably one of the greatest super-hero movies ever made…until it NEVER ended!

I loved the movie so much that I found myself getting angry with it because it was so unbelievably good and it really didn't need to be all that long. Heath Ledger was magnificent, the script was brilliant, but did it need three third acts?  Ugh. I'm sill angry simply because it was just that good.  It was also a very bleak movie. Not for a second did I want to be Batman or live in Gotham City, but I think that bleakness was compounded because the movie was so long.  Still, a masterpiece. And the first time I've found myself at a super-hero movie caring less about the guy in the costume and waiting in anticipation for more of the villain.


I don't know if Downey was 100% serious. "
Voidheart said:
"I can read minds... and besides, how many kids do you think saw the movie? how many kids would listen what the real ironman has to say? don't you think they would do what their rolemodel says?"
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"I can read minds... and besides, how many kids do you think saw the movie? how many kids would listen what the real ironman has to say? don't you think they would do what their rolemodel says?"
I don't believe you.
Moderator
#19 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on Robert, it's not DC's fault that the Dark Knight kicked the ass of Ironman in both quality and sales :P

#20 Posted by larry (418 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope he wasnt serious.... i mean come on batman had tiny flaws, but come one it was batman for christ sake
the movie was hot

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
larry said:
"i hope he wasnt serious.... i mean come on batman had tiny flaws, but come one it was batman for christ sake
the movie was hot"
He was Iron Man..what do expect him to say?
Moderator
#22 Posted by larry (418 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"larry said:
"i hope he wasnt serious.... i mean come on batman had tiny flaws, but come one it was batman for christ sake
the movie was hot"
He was Iron Man..what do expect him to say?"

well he didnt have to get all up tight cuz batman out sold iron man im sure christian bale wouldnt have said iron man was poor
#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
larry said:
"Vance Astro said:
"larry said:
"i hope he wasnt serious.... i mean come on batman had tiny flaws, but come one it was batman for christ sake
the movie was hot"
He was Iron Man..what do expect him to say?"

well he didnt have to get all up tight cuz batman out sold iron man im sure christian bale wouldnt have said iron man was poor"
Maybe he genuinely didn't like the movie...people just assume that because he was Iron Man that he has some obligation to say that.I think he like me went and saw the movie and said WTF is all the fuss about...that movie wasn't that good.I mean it was good but people are going overboard with it like it was best movie ever.It may be the best comic book film..possibly ever..but look what it has to be compared to.
Moderator
#24 Posted by Shiryu (3473 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"larry said:
"Vance Astro said:
"larry said:
"i hope he wasnt serious.... i mean come on batman had tiny flaws, but come one it was batman for christ sake
the movie was hot"
He was Iron Man..what do expect him to say?"

well he didnt have to get all up tight cuz batman out sold iron man im sure christian bale wouldnt have said iron man was poor"
Maybe he genuinely didn't like the movie...people just assume that because he was Iron Man that he has some obligation to say that.I think he like me went and saw the movie and said WTF is all the fuss about...that movie wasn't that good.I mean it was good but people are going overboard with it like it was best movie ever.It may be the best comic book film..possibly ever..but look what it has to be compared to."
Well said.
#25 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

...And The Dark Knight hates Robert Downey Jr.

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Shiryu said:
"Vance Astro said:
"larry said:
"Vance Astro said:
"larry said:
"i hope he wasnt serious.... i mean come on batman had tiny flaws, but come one it was batman for christ sake
the movie was hot"
He was Iron Man..what do expect him to say?"

well he didnt have to get all up tight cuz batman out sold iron man im sure christian bale wouldnt have said iron man was poor"
Maybe he genuinely didn't like the movie...people just assume that because he was Iron Man that he has some obligation to say that.I think he like me went and saw the movie and said WTF is all the fuss about...that movie wasn't that good.I mean it was good but people are going overboard with it like it was best movie ever.It may be the best comic book film..possibly ever..but look what it has to be compared to."
Well said."
Thanks.

One-Above-You said:
"...And The Dark Knight hates Robert Downey Jr."
He obviously doesn't care.
Moderator
#27 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio
Well it's His opinion not everyone liked the Dark Knight and since he's a celebrity his thoughts unlike eveyother person will definately be heard.
#28 Posted by The_Absolute (892 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Source : http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/page3.html#688203

Story :

"  . . .You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from. . ..""

Hilarious! It such a "where did that come from?" comment. lol.
#29 Posted by Hal_Jordan1986 (292 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Source : http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/page3.html#688203

Story :

"I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

He added that if he never works with DC Comics, it will be fine with him. "You know, you're never too old to burn your bridges because I believe I have offended everyone," he said. "I think I've got a couple more. 'I'll burn that bridge when I come to it' is my favorite phrase I've ever coined."

"
translation: im mad that dark knight was so much better then iron man
#30 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Adam Vertigo said:
"I dont even think he would fit any role in DC
I do

Robert Downey Jr. could have been a great "The comedian" if he wanted
#31 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

It really wasn't that hard of a plot to make sense of, I don't know what he's complaining about. My 12-year old little brother made sense of just about darn near everything when he saw it.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight is far overrated IMO.

Moderator
#33 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Dark Knight is far overrated IMO."

Well, yeah. There are some people going around saying it's the greatest movie ever......which, IMO, is not true.

It was still great and awesome (all the actor's were amazing, and Nolan is, in my opinion, the new Steven Spielberg), but not the best ever......definitely one of the best (if not THE best) comic book movies though.
#34 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, I liked it, but it's true that I was far more interested in the villains than Batman, and I'm one of the few that still think Heath Ledger was a poor Joker. I'm sorry to all the fans but Christian Bale is an awful Bats IMO.

#35 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Hmmm, I liked it, but it's true that I was far more interested in the villains than Batman, and I'm one of the few that still think Heath Ledger was a poor Joker. I'm sorry to all the fans but Christian Bale is an awful Bats IMO."

I thought he was a good Bruce, and a good Batman, but he seriously needs to tone down his voice while in costume.......I mean, I can understand the plot realism of it (he needs to disguise his voice....right?), but can't he just make it deeper instead of so gravelly?
#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Dark Knight is far overrated IMO."

Well, yeah. There are some people going around saying it's the greatest movie ever......which, IMO, is not true.

It was still great and awesome (all the actor's were amazing, and Nolan is, in my opinion, the new Steven Spielberg), but not the best ever......definitely one of the best (if not THE best) comic book movies though."
Well comic book movies haven't ever been that good...so your really comparing a masterpiece to amateur work.
Moderator
#37 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Sparda said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Dark Knight is far overrated IMO."

Well, yeah. There are some people going around saying it's the greatest movie ever......which, IMO, is not true.

It was still great and awesome (all the actor's were amazing, and Nolan is, in my opinion, the new Steven Spielberg), but not the best ever......definitely one of the best (if not THE best) comic book movies though."
Well comic book movies haven't ever been that good...so your really comparing a masterpiece to amateur work."

Eh. I've really liked some comic book movies and consider them to be great (V For Vendetta, for instance, is my favourite movie....).
#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Sparda said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Dark Knight is far overrated IMO."

Well, yeah. There are some people going around saying it's the greatest movie ever......which, IMO, is not true.

It was still great and awesome (all the actor's were amazing, and Nolan is, in my opinion, the new Steven Spielberg), but not the best ever......definitely one of the best (if not THE best) comic book movies though."
Well comic book movies haven't ever been that good...so your really comparing a masterpiece to amateur work."

Eh. I've really liked some comic book movies and consider them to be great (V For Vendetta, for instance, is my favourite movie....)."
I don't even count V for Vendetta...
Moderator
#39 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

The dark knight is the best comic book movie ever

The best movie of this year

Quite a masterpiece

But it being the best of all time? Nah, maybe godfather 2

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

..................

Moderator
#41 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

ok then, it's a matter of tastes, but which is the best movie of all time? siince aparently my choice is such a bad one...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.