Rewatching The Dark Knight Trilogy

• 54 results
#51 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for reading! I'm not sure if having Bruce make two comebacks was a crucial mistake; as it made sense from a storytelling perspective (hero returns, hero is defeated and must overcome, hero defeats), but you might be on to something. For me, personally, I didn't draw the connection between there being two 'comebacks', so it didn't feel redundant or diminishing for me.

And yeah, it definitely is one of the best movie trilogies of this century. Nolan and crew elevated the superhero movie into an art form.

#52 Posted by tjs4759 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker: I disagree with your third point. TDKR isn't the last hurrah for Batman, it is the end of Bruce Wayne's story. It goes back to BB where his initial idea for becoming Batman was to become a symbol that couldn't be corrupted or destroyed. That's why at the end of TDKR there is a new Bat-Signal on top of MCU and why he gives John Blake coordinates to the entrance to the cave, so that he can carry on being the symbol against injustice.

#53 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@tjs4759: I agree that the mantle of Batman was meant to carry on in the movie. I don't see how anyone who watched it could have missed that.

I was referring to "real life" when I mentioned this being the last hurrah. Nolan, Bale, and the rest of the cast frequently referred to this installment as the definitive END to the trilogy. So they give us a two and a half hour movie with maybe 45-50 minutes of actual Batman. Ok, maybe it was more than that, but it sure didn't feel like it.

#54 Posted by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio

I think The Dark Knight is the weakest, TDKR is my first, and Batman Begins is a solid second

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.