Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Reginald D Hunter on Batman

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hit_Monkey
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By entropy_aegis

I LOL'ed,but he actually does have a point.I would love to see Batman expand but unfortunately fanboys will always complain and say Batman needs to stay in Gotham and fight crime,when so MUCH more can be done with the batmythos.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By EdwardWindsor

he doesnt just fight street level though , just mostly street level lol

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Nerx

@hit_monkey: I agree 100%, to quote nite-owl

F*ck you bat-b!tch
    F*ck you bat-b!tch

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By UncleEmu

Obviously have not read much Batman. That's not how it is at all. He starts on street level crime and works his way up. Also, Wayne Enterprises and Bruce Wayne do a lot for the city of Gotham

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncleemu: Arkham never seems to change, and don't use the 'curse' excuse. Bruce is pals with Zatanna and Zatarra, and I did saw his efforts in court of owls when he did the speech to improve Gotham's infrastructure with the hologram display. He could do more.

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx, Read any Batman and bat family around Battle for the Cowl, all they do is talk about how Gotham changes. And please don't use Snyder's Batman as an example. Even Snyder's fanboys have to agree that Snyder's Batman is a bit of an idiot.

And "he could do more" is not a valid argument. According to the video, Batman only takes on street level crime. Watch a few episodes of The Animated Series, and read Year One - it is obvious he doesn't just deal with "street level crime." In fact, most of his rouges gallery operate near the top of the crime chain.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncleemu: Top of the crime chain limited to gotham, with his resources and his megacompany he can do more

which animated series?

Dini's?

The Batman?

Bold?

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx Obviously you aren't up for a real discussion about this as you ignore my counters and provide zero evidence for anything you're saying. I'll leave it at this:

I don't know what to say in response to the crime chain being "limited," because I have no idea what that means.

He uses his resources to

1) fund many charities across Gotham (as Bruce Wayne and through both Thomas and Martha Wayne Foundations) (various comics)

2) conduct ethical business in the food, shipping, medical, electronics, and entertainment fields as Wayne Enterprises has a branch in each field (various comics)

3) go around the world teaching other "heroes" how to step up their crime fighting game and provide them with more resources and a network (Batman inc)

4) fight crime personally in Gotham (various comics)

and I said "The Animated Series," as in, "Batman: The Animated Series," the only show called that related to Batman. I think it's by Paul Dini.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncleemu: In the animated series he did make changes in gotham, the future is still bleak. In Injustice he did made the world a utopia, sadly non canon. Didn't their baby formula got screwed up by James Gordon jr?

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Hit_Monkey

And here I thought Hunter was just making a funny observation.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So instead of save helpless old women from getting mugged and murdered, he should go beat up on sixty to eighty year old men who pump funds into the economy and create jobs........makes sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.