Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Red Hood cover reveals Death in the Family **MEGA Spoilers**!

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Joelislegend

Hmm just saw this on Bleeding Cool the artists accidentaly posted the full cover for Red Hood. Just warning you if you don't want spoilers don't scroll down!

Here is the half cover:

No Caption Provided

And here is the full cover with apparently the Joker under the Red Hood mask!!??

No Caption Provided

What does this reveal??? Will Jason die and the Joker will return to the Red Hood mantle???

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Phaedrusgr

It could mean what you said, it could mean something totally different. It's open to many approaches, if you ask me.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By evilvegeta74

It's just a cover!

GunSlingerHex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GunSlingerHex

How is that the Joker? There's no evidence to Back up that's Jason or Joker.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

That's not Joker. Jason's face is half burnt off.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mpierce2690

It's interesting, but when it comes to covers, you can't really assume that it will have anything to do with actually goes on inside the book.

If anything, maybe Joker plans to cut off the BatFamily's faces?

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Imagine_Man15

@InnerVenom123 said:

Yeah, that's the impression I get to. Basically Jason in Two-Face drag... which makes me want to vomit. And not in a fun way.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#8  Edited By TheCannon

It's probably one of those covers that has nothing to do the actual comic.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JohnnyGat

Chances are the purpose is symbolic. We still don't know what Joker has in those trays and we don't know what Joker was doing with Jason's mask. The former could imply something that would make Jason really angry the use of Joker's face would symbolically add the notion that although DotF has concluded Joker's effects on Jason would still be and will be forever present. It's the same conept how in one of Nightwings covers we still see a lot of speech bubbles with " Ha ha ha" implying a connection to what the Joker has done. So we know whatever Joker has done it's affected Nightwing up until that issue why wouldn't what Joker does in conclusion affect Jason Todd for a somewhat long period of tiume.

Now my latter question the one where we see Joker putting some touches on Jason's helmet could also be something like say a special acid of some sorts. Something that will disfigure Jason Todd's face. The use of Joker's face at the opposite end could then be seen as symbolically implying that the Joker has forever left his mark in Jason Todd. Not just in how Joker is tied to the Red Hood but more on how Joker not only has left his mark in Jason mentally but physically as well.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Yeah, that's the impression I get to. Basically Jason in Two-Face drag... which makes me want to vomit. And not in a fun way.

I take this back. It is Joker, but without the face.

I didn't notice the forehead tissue still intact, that's clearly been cut.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis

Heh I made a thread in the JT forum,regardless of this being either the Joker or Jason it shows that DC is run by hacks who have no clue what they're doing.

The Jokers clown face is his trademark,he loves his face,he's a clown,a master of chaos you morons not Leather face or some other slasher flick reject.

Man DC has seriously gone downhill,but ofcourse as long as they have idiots like jspsmth buying and praising this garbage cant really blame them.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By evilvegeta74

@entropy_aegis: You're the first real Batfan to acknowledge the whole leather face thing!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#13  Edited By Teerack

It's a trick. See look in the last page or Red hood and the outlaws 16, you can see Joker painting on the inside of Jason's helmet. He's probably making it so everyone will think his face is cut off at some point in Batman 16.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis

@evilvegeta74 said:

@entropy_aegis: You're the first real Batfan to acknowledge the whole leather face thing!

I dont like the current direction of the Batman franchise,I want superhero,adventure,detective work,crime not rotting faces or severed limbs.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Onemoreposter

@entropy_aegis said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I dont like the current direction of the Batman franchise,I want superhero,adventure,detective work,crime not rotting faces or severed limbs.

I'm with you.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Decoy Elite

@entropy_aegis said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Man, why are Bat fans so picky? You all should sit back and enjoy the horse corpses. :P

Seriously though I agree, Batman is dark but this is just getting ridiculous. And that's coming from a guy who's only really read the latest Batman issue. (And the Terminus stuff...)

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Decoy Elite

HOLY CRAP I JUST REALIZED SNYDER LITERALLY WANTS TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE!

I have discovered the true climax of his run!

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Teerack said:

It's a trick. See look in the last page or Red hood and the outlaws 16, you can see Joker painting on the inside of Jason's helmet. He's probably making it so everyone will think his face is cut off at some point in Batman 16.

You could be right there. He painted Bat-symbols on the inside of Catwomans' suit, so when she took it off, she was covered in them.

No Caption Provided
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By entropy_aegis

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Teerack said:

You could be right there. He painted Bat-symbols on the inside of Catwomans' suit, so when she took it off, she was covered in them.

No Caption Provided

Completely disgusting and utterly pointless.@Decoy Elite said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Man, why are Bat fans so picky? You all should sit back and enjoy the horse corpses. :P

Seriously though I agree, Batman is dark but this is just getting ridiculous. And that's coming from a guy who's only really read the latest Batman issue. (And the Terminus stuff...)

I can handle dark and horror but this is not either,the first ever transformation of Kirk Langstorm to Man-Bat back in BTAS THAT'S horror and it's still shocking without causing a genocide.

Also the ENTIRE Batman line has taken this tone,one title okay but ALL of them(save Morrison),honestly I dont care.This phony attempt at horror is getting on my nerves,eg the Court of Owls,they're soooooooooo scary,owls eat bats,Batman:noooooooooo,horse crap IMO.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@entropy_aegis said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Teerack said:

No Caption Provided

Completely disgusting and utterly pointless.

I don't know about disgusting, but yeah, I'm not sure what the point was. Just to freak her out a bit maybe?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By entropy_aegis

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: The point was to show her undress.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teerack

@entropy_aegis said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Teerack said:

No Caption Provided

Completely disgusting and utterly pointless.@Decoy Elite said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I can handle dark and horror but this is not either,the first ever transformation of Kirk Langstorm to Man-Bat back in BTAS THAT'S horror and it's still shocking without causing a genocide.

Also the ENTIRE Batman line has taken this tone,one title okay but ALL of them(save Morrison),honestly I dont care.This phony attempt at horror is getting on my nerves,eg the Court of Owls,they're soooooooooo scary,owls eat bats,Batman:noooooooooo,horse crap IMO.

Idk i think the most recent Batgirl was amazing. I was seriously on the edge of my seat that he was going to cut off a limb.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Teerack: Yes and that's the point,they tease us with these improbable possibilities,did you really think Babs was gonna lose a limb after all the trouble they went to get rid of the wheel chair?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Teerack

@entropy_aegis: Yes because i think Alfred was cut up and put on a platter for everyone, and making her crippled again and back to Oracle would kinda work.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@entropy_aegis said:

It's not particularly sexual though, and she's still got her underwear on.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By entropy_aegis

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Obviously but they just need an excuse,not that they actually need it,these days DC writes characters based on fan perception,Catwoman a sex object,Bane a giant brute with pipes all over him,Batman line all horror,Joker omnipotent etc

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@entropy_aegis: I've not found it too bad. Could be worse. At least she's not drawn as gratuitously as Harley Quinn:

No Caption Provided

I don't understand why anyone thinks this is better.^

The Bane pictures I've seen do look a little odd too.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By entropy_aegis

@V_Scarlotte_Rose:Harley Quinn? more like hottie quinn lol.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Decoy Elite

Harley's redesign is just awful.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Joelislegend

Let's face it. If you aren't a Morrison fan Batman comica have been complete crap since No Man's Land ended. But seriously if the ending of Dotf involves Joker becoming red hood or more faces ripped off Snyder is off my pull list.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By reignmaker

I actually never thought of it as Joker. I actually initially thought DC was maybe trying to make Red Hood more like Deadpool.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Joelislegend

@Reignmaker said:

I actually never thought of it as Joker. I actually initially thought DC was maybe trying to make Red Hood more like Deadpool.

Honestly I always feel Jason has no place anywhere in the New 52 they should have made the character dissapear I really don't get what they were trying to do with him.

They should have reverted to a dead robin and erased the entire red hood line from the past.

Moccles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Moccles

@Joelislegend said:

@Reignmaker said:

Honestly I always feel Jason has no place anywhere in the New 52 they should have made the character dissapear I really don't get what they were trying to do with him.

They should have reverted to a dead robin and erased the entire red hood line from the past.

I quite like Red Hood & the Outlaws and since its run I have quite taken to Jason. The art in the initial comics were great and it's fun to see an unconventional team.

Jason has a place in the New 52 universe as long as he keeps away from the Batman tie-ins.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Joelislegend

@entropy_aegis said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Obviously but they just need an excuse,not that they actually need it,these days DC writes characters based on fan perception,Catwoman a sex object,Bane a giant brute with pipes all over him,Batman line all horror,Joker omnipotent etc

You know what's really funny last night I realized that Catwoman is currently being written by a woman. Just goes to show you.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Joelislegend said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@entropy_aegis said:

You know what's really funny last night I realized that Catwoman is currently being written by a woman. Just goes to show you.

Goes to show you what?

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Joelislegend

That DC writes Catwoman as a sex object. I highly doubt the priority of a woman writing Catwoman would be "Okay now pan in on Catwoman exposing her G-string to show that the Joker put little bat symbols on her.

But if DC wants to sell comics they might put some pressure or rewrite certain parts to make sure it's there.

We are really off subject anyways :P

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Teerack said:

No Caption Provided

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Joelislegend

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Teerack said:

No Caption Provided

*facepalm*

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
    @Joelislegend said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

No Caption Provided

*facepalm*

Lol.
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Joelislegend said:

Hmm just saw this on Bleeding Cool the artists accidentaly posted the full cover for Red Hood. Just warning you if you don't want spoilers don't scroll down!

Here is the half cover:

No Caption Provided

And here is the full cover with apparently the Joker under the Red Hood mask!!??

No Caption Provided

What does this reveal??? Will Jason die and the Joker will return to the Red Hood mantle???

I think this will end with Red Hood (or Batman) killing Joker once and for all. Hopefully he will stay dead for a few years. At least until the Batman reboot.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Joelislegend

@Ninjablade09 said:

@Joelislegend said:

Here is the half cover:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I think this will end with Red Hood (or Batman) killing Joker once and for all. Hopefully he will stay dead for a few years. At least until the Batman reboot.

Okay how do you fit in the significance of the cover with that theory?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Joelislegend: Well I'm basing my theory off Red Hoods and Joker eyes. It looks (IMO) like both of them have had enough of each other and want it to end. (I threw batman in there because it ends in a Batman arc)

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Joelislegend

@Ninjablade09 said:

@Joelislegend: Well I'm basing my theory off Red Hoods and Joker eyes. It looks (IMO) like both of them have had enough of each other and want it to end. (I threw batman in there because it ends in a Batman arc)

Haha what I see is actually only the Joker wearing the Red Hood mask and if you look at Starfire and Red Arrow they both are looking at him in shock and disgust as if the Joker is trying to re-become the Red Hood or something.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Joelislegend said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

Haha what I see is actually only the Joker wearing the Red Hood mask and if you look at Starfire and Red Arrow they both are looking at him in shock and disgust as if the Joker is trying to re-become the Red Hood or something.

I see that in Harpers eyes. To me Star looks like she is ready to fight and wants to murder someone. After typing that I see where your coming from lol

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Joelislegend
    No Caption Provided

The return of Proctor sees Arsenal and Kori reliving Red Hood’s memories—including his battles with the League of Assassins!

Things don't look good for Jason.

Zanarkand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zanarkand

Sorry, new to this.. but has anyone mentioned that the Joker might remove Jason's face? That the cover could be his(Jason's) face and not the Joker with the Red Hood mask on? DOTF outcome could be Joker doing something so terrible to each member of the family.. possibly killing Damien, killing Tim's parents, cutting Jason's face off, even the new Nightwing solicitation shows Dick with bandages over his eyes? (I then believe that he kills himself somehow and everyone abandons "the Family" because Bruce never told them he got in the cave and learned their identities) Just a thought.. I doubt he'll kill Jason as the book hasn't been cancelled as far as I know but maybe this could lead to a solo Red Robin book? I for one, read Marvel for 20 years without ever looking at DC until New 52(except for Hush, have every issue because of my love of Jim Lee's art) and I really enjoy the dynamic of all the different current and former Robins. Jason especially.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.