Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Recommendation? Yay or nay?

Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Punchinello

I'm looking to get my own copy of the 2001 'The Batman Encyclopedia'; but for anyone who has it, is it pretty much the same thing as the other encyclopedia, "The Essential of Comic Book Super-Heroes: Batman Volume 1'?

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
    Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Platinumwarrior

hmmmm. Its not really as good when you can get stuff like the DC comics Encylopedia for just a little more money. Plus most of the info in there you can find here, Wikipedia and other batman devoted site so i would not reccomend it and yes it probably is the same as the The Essential of Comic Book Super-Heroes: Batman Volume 1.

Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Punchinello

Ah, okay; thanks very much for the feedback! I think I'll wait for the DC Comics Encyclopedia.

Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Platinumwarrior
    Punchinello said:
    "Ah, okay; thanks very much for the feedback! I think I'll wait for the DC Comics Encyclopedia.
    "

Its already avliable. I dont know where you get your books but you can find it in most bookstores. And its set in 2005 so much more info.
    Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Punchinello

Bookstores here don't sell anything comic related =/ I have to get it online; and half the time, from over seas!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By No_Name_
    Punchinello said:
    "Bookstores here don't sell anything comic related =/ I have to get it online; and half the time, from over seas!
    "
    That's terrible. It may be cheaper to get someone to buy it and ship it to you.
    Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Punchinello

There's only two people I know on this planet I'd trust one of my comics with; and they do go on 'errands' for me! Thankfully.

At least the prices won't go up; after R.I.P, I'm not buying anything new, as it's not Batman without BruceWayne!Batman and the -real- Joker.

Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Platinumwarrior

How much does the shipping cost if a comic is already $3 a pop then you must spend alot more on them.

And if thats the case i would skip out on both encyclopedias since you can get all the info from the internet. Too bad comics dont cost 50 cents anymore.

Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Punchinello

Comics (regular, single issues) are around $6; TPBs and graphic novels are $15-$50. I collect comics, too; that is, ALSO signed comics, NM/M, so the price goes up..

Hah, I wish comics cost 50c =D

Jokerette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By Jokerette
    Punchinello said:
    "Bookstores here don't sell anything comic related =/ I have to get it online; and half the time, from over seas!
    "
    Well, it's the same here. I always have to order things on the Internet,'cause book stores don't sell anything, and most of the time, from over seas. Do you like Catwoman? Why don't ya try the 'Visual Guide to the Feline Fatale' by Scott Beatty? It's very good.
    Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Punchinello

That'll be the day, when book stores sell anything but recipe and do-it-yourself. That''s the only stuff stores here sell. I wish Borders were across Australia =|

I've never heard of that one; I'll keep an eye out for that guide, so thanks Jokerette!

Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Platinumwarrior

Hmmmm. Well if you ever need info so despretly just check it out on here people edit this site everyday. Where do you order your comics? Do you get them in issue form or in Graphic novel form?

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iSHADOW

thats the beauty of the internet, you dont need a hard copy of anything.

Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Punchinello

It's not the 'needing info', it's that I prefer to have actual printed, official 'info' than have a collection of links like Wiki. =) I order my comics from a million and one places; there's no problem with the stores, it's just that there's no comic industry in Australia as we don't actually GET.. australian comics: stores have to personally make an an order of X comics from America, or we'd never have any comics at all.

laizeohbeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By laizeohbeets

Oh, gross, I'd hate it if I have to wait forever to get my comics. Borders and Barnes & Noble are still being really stupid about carrying the 10th Fables trade (and Borders' comics selection is pretty questionable), but luckily, I bought issues 58-68 on Ebay.

You don't have any monster-sized bookstores anywhere near you?

Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Punchinello

QbD is pretty big, but they don't actually sell comics. All the monster bookstores are down south =/ I wish we had Borders.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.