Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Reasons why The Dark Knight is better than The Dark Knight Rises

• 139 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Just like to speak my opinion on this:

• TDK was more realistic. TDKR was silly at times.
    • TDK had better acting, Ledger was amazing.
    • TDKR had little drama and too much action. TDK balanced it out well.
    • TDKR felt ridiculous at times, a nuke, a prison underground, Batman sending cops to their death, etc.
    • TDK was more down to Earth

That being said. Both still trump Batman Begins.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By selinaky

The Dark Knight is also my favourite, but I think Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Billy Batson
    TDK was more realistic. TDKR was silly at times.

You're talking about Batman...

TDK had better acting, Ledger was amazing.

Yeah, but Hardy and Hathaway>Ledger and Eckhart.
    BB

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

The dark Knight Rises was far better.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SupBatz

Fair enough.

Though I think someone should make a "Reasons why TAS is better than the Nolan trilogy" thread next >.>

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Batnandez

They all feel so different it's hard to compare, I did enjoy The Dark Knight more though. I wish they would do a spin off with Nightwing, there are still many villains that are realistic. Deadshot, Ruper Thorne, Black Mask, Zsasz, the mad hatter could work, calendar man etc... etc...

Gibbet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gibbet

@comicdude23: Don't forget the more memorable lines and oh sh!t moments

there is a reason why one got an oscar nominee while the other was behind a marvel move

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By clemj

to me, they are equal, but I felt more emotion while seeing DKR, but DK was very strong in the joker character

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gibbet: TDKR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Avengers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Batnandez said:

They all feel so different it's hard to compare, I did enjoy The Dark Knight more though. I wish they would do a spin off with Nightwing, there are still many villains that are realistic. Deadshot, Ruper Thorne, Black Mask, Zsasz, the mad hatter could work, calendar man etc... etc...

John Blake became Batman, not Nightwing.

@Billy Batson said:

BB

TDK had a darker and more crime feel. And no, Ledger and Eckhart > Hardy and Hathaway.

Gibbet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gibbet

@comicdude23:

Money says other wise but lets get back on topic here and not blow this out of proportion

note: anyone else besides comicdude23 who quotes or replies this post will have a gore pic posted on their pm

- you have been warned :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gibbet said:

@comicdude23:

Money says other wise but lets get back on topic here and not blow this out of proportion

note: anyone else besides comicdude23 who quotes or replies this post will have a gore pic posted on their pm

- you have been warned :)

Haha. But we all know that the shootings affected the film. Avengers is a fun movie, but TDKR will withstand the test of time :).

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Batnandez

@comicdude23 said:

@Batnandez said:

John Blake became Batman, not Nightwing.

@Billy Batson said:

BB

TDK had a darker and more crime feel. And no, Ledger and Eckhart > Hardy and Hathaway.

It never says he becomes either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Batnandez: The symbol was Batman. Pretty sure he will take over after Bruce.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By SoA

you guys must be die hard batman fans bc rises was sh*t .

i was not impressed and felt let down. i was eager to see bane portrayed as a intellectual but with that mask i barely heard anything. why they thought that worked idk. scarecrow had a mask in the first two and we heard him just fine. tom hardy i knew nothing about until i saw inception and bronson and envisioning him as bane was getting better by the second.

bale sounded like a bad clint eastwwod impression but i could still understand him. whoever thinks anne hathaway is a good actress . go watch actual movies I've seen her in about 5 films and she is dull , boring, and brings no life to any role she plays.

Nolan must have been pressured because he is very good at telling a story and rises was bad beginning to end . when the movie comes out on blu-ray i will have subtitles and maybe the movie won't be as sh*t , bc i will finally know more than every third word spoken by bane.

while sh*t ,they had some parts that couldve worked if written better. bane being a member of league of shadows , talia, the siege of gotham. though the end i rather have had nightwing over robin as successor etc etc. unfortunately the movie failed to live up to the rest and fell flat.

thats my opinion , if you dont like it , ignore it .

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Batnandez

@comicdude23 said:

@Batnandez: The symbol was Batman. Pretty sure he will take over after Bruce.

The symbol? What are you referring to exactly?

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Chaos Burn

the more i think of it, the more i disliked TDKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Batman Begins is leagues ahead of Dark Knight but as for Dark Knight Rises I will find out very soon...

TDKR is closer to BB, that's why it's not as good as TDK. If you think BB is better then you're in the minority.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#19  Edited By TheCannon

@comicdude23 said:

@Gibbet: Avengers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TDKR.

Fixed.

BushidoBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BushidoBlack

Dark Knight was much better than Dark Knight Rises.

The Joker was also more memorable than Bane.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Deranged Midget

Can we not make this another Avengers vs TDKR thread? It's unnecessary and completely idiotic. The films aren't comparable in the slightest.

@comicdude23 said:

• TDKR felt ridiculous at times, a nuke, a prison underground, Batman sending cops to their death, etc.

The acting to me was spot on in both films but I just believe that Ledger was a far more stand-out performance than either Hardy or Hathaway.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By danhimself

I think that after looking back on all three films I'm pretty sure that I would have enjoyed a less realistic take on Batman much more than Nolan's movies....don't get me wrong Nolan's films were amazing but I never really felt like I was watching a real Batman movie....I want a grey and black costume that looks less like armor...there has got to be a way to have the cowl with the actor still being able to move his head....I think the characters that I enjoyed the most in Nolan's films were Scarecrow and Joker...they felt like they were portrayed closer to their comic book counter parts than the rest of the characters but I still want a Joker closer to Hamil's over the top portrayal his Joker is funny but terrifying at the same time

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Gibbet said:

@comicdude23: Don't forget the more memorable lines and oh sh!t moments

there is a reason why one got an oscar nominee while the other was behind a marvel move

Completely idiotic comparison.For starters the Avengers made more money than TDK as well,secondly TDKR can only be nominated in the 2013 Oscar season(that is 8 months away),thirdly TDKR is still making money and will most like hit billion sometime next week,fourthly TDK needed a re-release to get to billion finally if you cut the Avengers 3-D gross and eventually compare it to TDKR final gross(which will be around 1 and 1.1 billion) then I assure you the numbers wont be that much greater.In fact if not for the Aurora tragedy TDKR gross could have been higher.

As for this thread,TDK had better pacing and a tighter script with a more standout/memorable performance.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Your First, Fourth, and Fifth reasons are really just the same reason, so really you only have three...but I agree, I liked TDK better.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis

@SoA said:

you guys must be die hard batman fans bc rises was sh*t .

i was not impressed and felt let down. i was eager to see bane portrayed as a intellectual but with that mask i barely heard anything. why they thought that worked idk. scarecrow had a mask in the first two and we heard him just fine. tom hardy i knew nothing about until i saw inception and bronson and envisioning him as bane was getting better by the second.

bale sounded like a bad clint eastwwod impression but i could still understand him. whoever thinks anne hathaway is a good actress . go watch actual movies I've seen her in about 5 films and she is dull , boring, and brings no life to any role she plays.

Nolan must have been pressured because he is very good at telling a story and rises was bad beginning to end . when the movie comes out on blu-ray i will have subtitles and maybe the movie won't be as sh*t , bc i will finally know more than every third word spoken by bane.

while sh*t ,they had some parts that couldve worked if written better. bane being a member of league of shadows , talia, the siege of gotham. though the end i rather have had nightwing over robin as successor etc etc. unfortunately the movie failed to live up to the rest and fell flat.

thats my opinion , if you dont like it , ignore it .

The Oscars think she's a good actress,Nolan thinks she's a good actress,Obama thinks she's a good actress,critics think she's a good actress and no life SERIOUSLY?.

Based on your post,it seems as if the problem lies with in you and not the movie.To quote Nolan"paddle faster"@TheCannon said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Gibbet: TDKR>Avengers

Fixed.

Re-fixed.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By entropy_aegis

@comicdude23 said:

Congrats you mentioned the same thing 3 times and the point is irrelevant.Realism does not make a better movie.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SoA

@entropy_aegis: so its diehard Anne Hathaway fans who would like it? ...this explains everything! everything!!! you have changed my outlook on life. thank you! THANK YOU!!!!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By entropy_aegis

@SoA said:

@entropy_aegis: so its diehard Anne Hathaway fans who would like it? ...this explains everything! everything!!! you have changed my outlook on life. thank you! THANK YOU!!!!

Had only seen like 3 Hathaway movies before TDKR,so it's likely Hathaway haters who like to crap on her for no reason at all.

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LuigiBat

I think the main flaw with TDKR was that Nolan had already used two 'trump card villains' earlier on in the series. I know guys like Bane and Two-Face are regarded as 'A-list' villains in the comic world (as they should be) but I do think that in a trilogy like Nolan's neither quite have what it takes to be the main villain of a plot. Ra's Al Ghul was the main villain of BB, Joker was the main villain of TDK, to have Bane (along with a pretty lame Talia Al Ghul) as the main villain of the final film in a series just doesn't quite sit right with me. I liked Hardy's performance but I don't think they really captured the full potential of the character due to Nolan wanting to keep everything as realistic as possible.

I don't wanna be jumping on the bandwagon by saying this, but for me Hardy isn't tall enough or big enough to be Bane. I mean the guy's 5"8in and they had him get up to 195lbs (88kg roughly) in weight. He looks fairly big but certainly not anything extraordinary. To put it into context, I've been training nearly 2 years (about 1 and a half years of genuine serious weight training) and I'm 5"10, weigh 86kg and have a bodyfat % of 9.5-10%. Go into any free-weights section at a half decent gym and you will find average guys in a similar (if not better) physical shape to what Hardy was like for his role. My point here is this: Bane should be considerably bigger and stronger than your average guy at the gym, for me he should be around 6"2in (or 6"3in) tall and probably around 270lbs at least (this in a 'realistic' portrayal of the character). I'm not saying he has to be like a professional bodybuilder (that'd be ridiculous) but he has to be a fair bit bigger than Batman. Remember that Bale is 6"1in and for Batman Begins he was 190lbs (I'm assuming that this stayed the same for the rest of the series as I didn't notice any real weight fluctuations). Now that means Hardy weighed in at 5lbs more than Bale (despite being a fair bit shorter), which for me just isn't really good enough. Remember that Bane is meant to be able to break Batman physically and mentally, I can tell you that a guy of Hardy's height and weight would not be able to just lift someone of Bale's height and weight over their head and break their back. It doesn't happen, and it's not like Nolan had Bane on any kind of venom or strength enhancing drugs either, the mask was (from what I can gather) simply a pain relief thing due to the injuries Bane suffered in his past.

Below is an image of a guy at 6"3in and 270lbs. That is what I'd envision Bane to look like in a realistic portrayal of the character, the guy below isn't in a shape that'd be unobtainable naturally and he does actually look like he could break someone's back (unlike Hardy).

No Caption Provided
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By entropy_aegis

@LuigiBat said:

No Caption Provided

I think the main flaw with TDKR was that Nolan had already used two 'trump card villains' earlier on in the series. I know guys like Bane and Two-Face are regarded as 'A-list' villains in the comic world (as they should be) but I do think that in a trilogy like Nolan's neither quite have what it takes to be the main villain of a plot. Ra's Al Ghul was the main villain of BB, Joker was the main villain of TDK, to have Bane (along with a pretty lame Talia Al Ghul) as the main villain of the final film in a series just doesn't quite sit right with me. I liked Hardy's performance but I don't think they really captured the full potential of the character due to Nolan wanting to keep everything as realistic as possible.

I don't wanna be jumping on the bandwagon by saying this, but for me Hardy isn't tall enough or big enough to be Bane. I mean the guy's 5"8in and they had him get up to 195lbs (88kg roughly) in weight. He looks fairly big but certainly not anything extraordinary. To put it into context, I've been training nearly 2 years (about 1 and a half years of genuine serious weight training) and I'm 5"10, weigh 86kg and have a bodyfat % of 9.5-10%. Go into any free-weights section at a half decent gym and you will find average guys in a similar (if not better) physical shape to what Hardy was like for his role. My point here is this: Bane should be considerably bigger and stronger than your average guy at the gym, for me he should be around 6"2in (or 6"3in) tall and probably around 270lbs at least (this in a 'realistic' portrayal of the character). I'm not saying he has to be like a professional bodybuilder (that'd be ridiculous) but he has to be a fair bit bigger than Batman. Remember that Bale is 6"1in and for Batman Begins he was 190lbs (I'm assuming that this stayed the same for the rest of the series as I didn't notice any real weight fluctuations). Now that means Hardy weighed in at 5lbs more than Bale (despite being a fair bit shorter), which for me just isn't really good enough. Remember that Bane is meant to be able to break Batman physically and mentally, I can tell you that a guy of Hardy's height and weight would not be able to just lift someone of Bale's height and weight over their head and break their back. It doesn't happen, and it's not like Nolan had Bane on any kind of venom or strength enhancing drugs either, the mask was (from what I can gather) simply a pain relief thing due to the injuries Bane suffered in his past.

Below is an image of a guy at 6"3in and 270lbs. That is what I'd envision Bane to look like in a realistic portrayal of the character, the guy below isn't in a shape that'd be unobtainable naturally and he does actually look like he could break someone's back (unlike Hardy).

So if Hardy was a few inches taller and had some more meat on him then TDKR would have been better than TDK?(since when was Ra's a white guy see I can nit pick too).

Hardy's not a body builder,he's an actor and his job was to portray a particular character and this Bane is hands down the most faithful version of the character.

TDK was not a superior movie because the main villain of TDKR was smaller than what some fans wanted him to be.

Bane was the only villain that could be used to follow up the Joker,no one else comes close.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SoA

@LuigiBat: so believe the nolan well dried up ? and good argument on bane , he should have been bigger but in fairness they needed a big guy to speak eloquently and hardy and whatever regiment he had was the best they could do , plus he worked with nolan before. not arguing just saying.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SoA

@entropy_aegis: :) okay...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By entropy_aegis

@SupBatz said:

Fair enough.

Though I think someone should make a "Reasons why TAS is better than the Nolan trilogy" thread next >.>

I dont know how one can compare them.Cartoon series(which tied in to a larger universe) against a 3 movie series does'nt make sense to me.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34  Edited By Pokeysteve

Rises had more plot holes than any other movie I've ever seen. It's 3 hours of contradictions. If Nolan directed "2 Girls, One Cup" people around the world would praise it. TDK was beautifully paced and you were on edge the entire time. That being said I still hate all 3 Nolan movies. The Animated Series was the best Batman. Part Detective and part bad ass. Nolan's is neither.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve said:

Rises had more plot holes than any other movie I've ever seen. It's 3 hours of contradictions. If Nolan directed "2 Girls, One Cup" people around the world would praise it. TDK was beautifully paced and you were on edge the entire time. That being said I still hate all 3 Nolan movies. The Animated Series was the best Batman. Part Detective and part bad ass. Nolan's is neither.

Don't be silly. TDKR had no plot holes. Name them and I will debunk them all.

@entropy_aegis said:

@comicdude23 said:

Congrats you mentioned the same thing 3 times and the point is irrelevant.Realism does not make a better movie.

Realism works for Batman. Burton took the approach of an unrealistic Batman and a Batman that is closer to the comics but it sucked balls. Nolan made a gritty, dark real Batman. And it worked. Both were better than Batman Begins, but TDKR felt a bit silly. Completely different from TDK, instead Nolan went back to Batman Begins with the ninja crap. I prefer the gritty, mobster stuff in TDK. TDK dealt with real world issues, corruption and escalation.

Batman in TDK, saved the hostages and disarmed SWAT, making sure no-one got killed.

Then in TDKR, he LEADS AN ENTIRE ARMY OF COPS INTO THEIR INEVITABLE DEATH.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By SupBatz

@entropy_aegis said:

@SupBatz said:

Fair enough.

I dont know how one can compare them.Cartoon series(which tied in to a larger universe) against a 3 movie series does'nt make sense to me.

Quality can always be compared regardless of how different in tone and media. And the fact that both series are representations of the Batman universe also makes it easier to compare the two.

Though admittedly, the only reason I even brought up TAS is because I've tired of hearing so much about Nolan's Batman.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By renamed040924

@comicdude23 said:

Now for a "Reasons why 89 Batman is better than all" thread.

Gibbet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gibbet
    LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LuigiBat

@entropy_aegis:

I think you may have misunderstood my point.

I'm not saying that if Hardy was taller/bigger the movie would've been better than TDK, rather my point is that if Hardy were bigger I'd find certain aspects of TDKR to be more believable. As already mentioned, it's not exactly believable to have a guy of Hardy's weight and height breaking someone like Bale's back. And before anyone says it, yes I know it's not real life and yes I know it's a fantasy universe. I just think that Nolan messed up a tad in this regard, he's always emphasised a more 'real' approach to the universe but as far as I'm concerned it's not realistic to have Hardy breaking anyone's back or throwing guys around in the way he did during the film due to his size. Remember that Nolan took an 'immortal' character with Ra's Al Ghul and killed him off for good, he made Joker wear makeup, he didn't skimp on the realism in this regard.

I'm fully aware that Hardy isn't a bodybuilder, frankly that was bloody obvious just from seeing him in this film and some of his other roles in the past, but he could've bulked up far more than he did for the role. A lot of people forget that in preparation for Batman Begins Christian Bale went up to 230lbs (apparently with a very low body-fat percentage too) from the 130lbs he weighed after The Machinist, thats a 100lbs weight increase and was done without steroid or substance use (supposedly), before then cutting back by 40lbs to get to 190lbs. I'm sure you've also seen what the entire cast of 300 did as preparation for that film, it wouldn't have been too much to ask Hardy to bulk up a bit more. You can compensate for height to a certain extent through camera angles and the like (apparently they had him on special 'boosters' in shoes to bump his height up a few inches) but for me he didn't quite have the physical presence I'd imagine Bane to have.

In a sense yes I do believe that Nolan ran out of ideas, or perhaps rather he used his ideas in the wrong order. Personally I think Ra's Al Ghul would have served as a better villain with the plot of TDKR. Bane claimed in the film to be the new head of the League of Shadows (presumably alongside Talia) but in reality they were simply an very organised group of terrorists out to cause havoc. I think perhaps Bane and his group would've been more suitable for the more inexperienced Batman in BB to tackle, now that I think about it the Scarecrow-Bane tandem would've worked well and would've allowed for a less physically imposing portrayal of Bane (could be that the fear gas would lead to people seeing Bane as being far larger than he really is). For me Ra's Al Ghul would've been the perfect villain to use for the final film in the series, I always felt a bit uneasy with the fact that he was used as the villain for the first movie in the series and subsequently killed off, it would've been fitting to see the story end with Bruce and Ra's fighting it out (don't have any particular reasons why I'd prefer it that way other than that it'd just 'feel' more appropriate).

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#40  Edited By RedOwl_1

@comicdude23 said:

@Gibbet: TDKR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Avengers.

Mmm...... I don't know if it's fair to compare them like that, both were two different stuff..... The Avengers was the most action epic movie I've ever seen, and TDKR like all the saga goes more for what Batman is and can mean to people, and just that is awesome :D

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Eternal19

@comicdude23: batman doesnt have to be realistic to be good. its annoying how people think just because burton and schumacher films sucked the comic booky batman cant be made into a good movie.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pokeysteve

@comicdude23 said:

@Pokeysteve said:

I'll start with one to test your crazy level.

At the start Bruce can't even walk without a cane but after his prison workout montage he's perfectly fine. Cartilage doesn't come back and he didn't have his.......leg thing in there.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By batmanary

Personally The Dark Knight was the one I loved least in the Nolan trilogy....I really liked The Dark Knight Rises.

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By Suprman

my biggest problem with Dark Knight Rises was the length, and there were a couple of plot holes in Rises. However I didn't really like the ending of Dark Knight. I did love all three of Nolan's Batman films.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By entropy_aegis

@comicdude23 said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@comicdude23 said:

Realism works for Batman. Burton took the approach of an unrealistic Batman and a Batman that is closer to the comics but it sucked balls. Nolan made a gritty, dark real Batman. And it worked. Both were better than Batman Begins, but TDKR felt a bit silly. Completely different from TDK, instead Nolan went back to Batman Begins with the ninja crap. I prefer the gritty, mobster stuff in TDK. TDK dealt with real world issues, corruption and escalation.

Batman in TDK, saved the hostages and disarmed SWAT, making sure no-one got killed.

It's not inevitable you know seeing they won and the cops themselves volunteered remember when Blake said that they were all ready to fight to the Captain? and there were only 40 minutes to the detonation.They were cops not random kids.

In TDK Batman allowed Harvey Dent to take his place which led to the chase sequence where people died,see I can find silly holes too.

Everything works for Batman,just have to find the right story and forgive me but Burtons Batman was nothing like the comics Batman.

TDKR being silly is your opinion,I can just as easily say that Joker in a nurse outfit was the silliest thing in the entire franchise,TDKR was ofcourse completely different from TDK I'm sorry but how is that a flaw?Yeah and I'm glad Nolan went the ninja route,I dont give a damn about gangsters and corrupt cops whom Batman could realistically destroy in a few seconds.

@SupBatz said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@SupBatz said:

Fair enough.

Quality can always be compared regardless of how different in tone and media. And the fact that both series are representations of the Batman universe also makes it easier to compare the two.

Though admittedly, the only reason I even brought up TAS is because I've tired of hearing so much about Nolan's Batman.

Not really,just like you cant compare Adam Wests Batman with Nolan's Batman.And especially not a cartoon with a movie,there is more creative freedom and less pressure on the former as compared to the latter.

Nolan's Batman is the most successful mainstream Batman both critically and financially,BTAS is so 2 decades ago ofcourse you're gonna be hearing about Nolan's Batman.@Gibbet said:

@comicdude23: Gravely sorry my friend but TDK was the best

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=64971

Using a site known for it's trollish users,it gives good comic fans a bad name.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Pokeysteve said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Pokeysteve said:

At the start Bruce can't even walk without a cane but after his prison workout montage he's perfectly fine. Cartilage doesn't come back and he didn't have his.......leg thing in there.

Just like he was using his cape,researchers have concluded that attempting to fly like Batman is fatal.Personal ability/inability to suspend disbelief is not a plot hole.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By batmanary

@entropy_aegis said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@comicdude23 said:

It's not inevitable you know seeing they won and the cops themselves volunteered remember when Blake said that they were all ready to fight to the Captain? and there were only 40 minutes to the detonation.They were cops not random kids.

In TDK Batman allowed Harvey Dent to take his place which led to the chase sequence where people died,see I can find silly holes too.

Everything works for Batman,just have to find the right story and forgive me but Burtons Batman was nothing like the comics Batman.

TDKR being silly is your opinion,I can just as easily say that Joker in a nurse outfit was the silliest thing in the entire franchise,TDKR was ofcourse completely different from TDK I'm sorry but how is that a flaw?Yeah and I'm glad Nolan went the ninja route,I dont give a damn about gangsters and corrupt cops whom Batman could realistically destroy in a few seconds.

@SupBatz said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@SupBatz said:

Fair enough.

Not really,just like you cant compare Adam Wests Batman with Nolan's Batman.And especially not a cartoon with a movie,there is more creative freedom and less pressure on the former as compared to the latter.

Nolan's Batman is the most successful mainstream Batman both critically and financially,BTAS is so 2 decades ago ofcourse you're gonna be hearing about Nolan's Batman.@Gibbet said:

@comicdude23: Gravely sorry my friend but TDK was the best

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=64971

Using a site known for it's trollish users,it gives good comic fans a bad name.

Nice. So I'm guessing you preferred BB to TDK too, amirite? :P

Tons of holes in TDK...and frankly I found them more distracting than those of TDKR.

First off, Batman just left his penthouse at the mercy of the Joker...yeah, that happened. And seriously, to whomever thinks that a serial killer caked with make up and bent with introducing chaos to a major East Coast metropolitan city is reflective of "real world issues" is kidding themselves.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis

@batmanary: Yeah Begins is my favorite Batman movie.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By batmanary

@entropy_aegis said:

@batmanary: Yeah Begins is my favorite Batman movie.

Personally I preferred TDKR, but Begins is a close second.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pokeysteve

@entropy_aegis said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Just like he was using his cape,researchers have concluded that attempting to fly like Batman is fatal.Personal ability/inability to suspend disbelief is not a plot hole.

Lol no $hit you can't fly with a cape. It's one of those things in comic movies you let go. A normal human overcoming his crippling loss of cartilage is not. TDKR is filled with inconsistencies like that but all the Nolan humpers think it's the best movie ever. His Batman movies are terrible and he's finally done. Hopefully the next Batman is actually written to show some intelligence.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.