Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Rate your favorite batman series

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The dark knight

Batman

Detective Comics

Batman Incorporated

Arkham Unhinged

Legends of the dark knight

Lil Gotham

Which one is your favorite and least favorite? What dont you/do you like about them?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Batman Inc. : 10. Its a larger than life action-adventure book about Batman and friends and its very refreshing and very different than the other Bat-tittles, its filled with high flying over the top action, great plots and stories and it is written by Morrison, 'nuff said.
    • Batman and Robin : 10. A very emotional story about a father and son, this is the book where you can see Batman as a man, a father and not the cold. non-trusting, unreasonable guy who everybody thinks he is. The art is great and the action scenes are awesome. Issue 18 is the best comic book issue of this year IMO.
    • Detective Comics : 9 (Layman's run). The regular Batman book for me - not too small not too big. Its Batman fighting crimes Batman style. The new arc looks awesome.
    • Batman : 8. Not about the Batman I know but still its a very good book. Issue 21 has been the best issue of the series and Greg Capullo's art is always great to look at.
    • Batman TDK : 6.5. Its been generally average and sometimes good. The Scarecrow arc had been very good. But this could definitely do better,
    • Li'l Gotham : 11. Right now, its the best Batfamily book, Damian is the hero of the book but almost every character gets the spotlight. And Dustin Nguyen's art is the best.
    • LotDK : 6. Depends on the writer, its been an average book so far.
    • Arkham Unhinged : 6. Average book.
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

1. Batman Incorporated - Grant Morrison,what else do you need.
    2. Batman and Robin - A great book which developed the connection between Damian and Bruce and had many touching moments.
    3. Detective Comics - Layman reinvented this book into some great.
    4. Batman - Snyder's trying to copy other writer's stories.
    5. Batman The Dark Knight - This book is just so messed up and just doesn't understand Batman at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only issue with Batman Inc. is that Talia is a villian and seems to be hated by Batman.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By reignmaker
    1. Batman - On top for its sheer consistency in terms of quality. One of the best looking books in terms of art. It's also been the home of all of Batman's most significant stories this past year.
    2. Batman and Robin - Has achieved greater emotional heights than Batman, but there's been more than a few "mail-in" issues which keep it out of the top slot. The art is just as good (if not better) than Batman. Tomasi and Gleason are not household names, but they're probably doing their best work ever on this title.
    3. Batman Incorporated - It's Grant Morrison. You either love his take or you're sick of his take. Personally I'm glad he's ending it. I think he should have wrapped his thing up before the New 52 started. The death of Damian has made a mess out of the other books and it hasn't helped his own story by staying within the New 52 continuity.
    4. Detective Comics - It's been merely ok with Layman at the wheel. This isn't really a go-to book for anything new or memorable, but if you want a decent Batman story with some pretty Fabok art, this isn't a bad place to go.
    5. Batman: The Dark Knight - It needs to be canceled. Now that Tony Daniel has left Detective, this holds the distinction as worst Batman book by far. It still sells better than most comics though. Every Bat-nut completionist needs to drop this book and replace it with something of actual quality like Hawkeye or a Valiant title. There are too many good titles out there that deserve your attention than for you to waste it on this pointless mediocrity. Actually "mediocrity" is giving this book too much credit. It's bad.

I haven't read Li'l Gotham but if I can scrounge up some more change I'll probably pick it up sometime. Someone on here mentioned that Robin is Damian. I always assumed it was Dick. I'll have to check it out. I miss Damian much more than I thought I would.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Durakken

World's Finest...

What? It has Batman in it!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman: 10

Batman, inc.: 8

Batman & Robin: 9

Detective Comics: 4

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Batman

2. Detective Comics

3. Batman & Robin

4. The Dark Knight

5. Batman, Inc.

ssbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. batman

what can i say i love snyders work

2. batman and robin

i hated damien but i loved hating him i looked forward to the book just so i could dislike him and since his death i think the book has been just as interesting even though i had my doubts

3. detective comics

what can i say its been preety solid

4.batman inc

i dunno it think its the or maybe it was the idea but not even grant morrison could make me a regular on this book

5. the dark knight

i thought this book was a tad unnecessary to be honest but the issues i have picked up are ok

6. batman beyond

would be higher if it wasn't a online comic

7. arkham unchained

um my brother buys it so i read it but yea its pretty good

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Batman Inc- what a page turnerB

Batman/Detective Comics- these stories are awesome.

Batman and Robin- Great and I love the Robinsand Batman working together.

TDK- I used to read it but the next day I could never remember what I read.

havent read the other two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one else seems to but I have always liked The Dark Knight. There are stupid moments and things that don't really make sense, but it never seemed outright horrible. But that is just my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.