Rank the Nolan films

• 100 results
#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

My first favourite is The Dark Knight. Then The Dark Knight Rises, then Batman Begins. Don't bother naming the Burton films their garbage compared to the Nolan ones.

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR, TDK, BB.

#3 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

I struggle to decide with TDK and TDKR, all of the 3 are totally different of you look at it. @InnerVenom123, why did you place TDKR above TDK?

#4 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight

Inception

Memento

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight Rises

(Everything else)

#5 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan Batman films that's why I posted it in the BATMAN forum. Anyways, IMO I just can't see BB above TDKR.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: Each movie just got better.

Wait, are you talking just Nolan's Batman, or every Nolan movie?

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises.

Huh, look at that, it's in order...

#8 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm talking about the Batman films.

#9 Posted by The_Tree (6421 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Batman Begins
  2. The Dark Knight Rises
  3. The Dark Knight
#10 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. The Dark Knight - chilling, mesmerizing, heartbreaking and overall breathtaking; the perfect Batman film. It isn't a superhero movie, its a gripping crime-thriller.
  2. The Dark Knight Rises
  3. Batman Begins

#11 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Rises (9.5) > Dark Knight (9.2) > Begins (9).

#12 Posted by nickzambuto (11439 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

My first favourite is The Dark Knight. Then The Dark Knight Rises, then Batman Begins. Don't bother naming the Burton films their garbage compared to the Nolan ones.

#13 Edited by longbowhunter (5847 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been trying to rank these since I saw TDKR Friday morning and I just cant do it. For me I think Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are equal and The Dark Knight Rises is just slightly below the other two. I'm going to see TDKR again in about an hour though. I may have a different opinion then.

#14 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickzambuto said:

@comicdude23 said:

LMAO at this gif. So stealing it.
#15 Edited by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

My preference goes in release date order: 1) Batman Begins 2) The Dark Knight 3) The Dark Knight Rises

Staff
#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Personally, my preference goes in release date order: 1) Batman Begins 2) The Dark Knight 3) The Dark Knight Rises

Great minds think alike!

#17 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n, please elaborate. Never knew you were a mod, I must've been gone a long time. Congrats mate.

#18 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me crazy, but I thought Bale's voice in TDK was the best.

#19 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

#20 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, it's the truth. Burton's Batman was slow and boring.

#21 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK, TDKR, Begins

#22 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Begins

TDK

#23 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

Each films had elements that make them better and worse than the other,I always preferred BB to TDK even though TDK was prolly the superior film overall,now I prefer TDKR to both but maybe TDK was indeed the best of the trilogy.@k4tzm4n said:

My preference goes in release date order: 1) Batman Begins 2) The Dark Knight 3) The Dark Knight Rises

WOW never expected k4tz to say this.

#24 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

BB felt like it had more of a Batman feel than the other two but fell short in story and a few other factors. Don't get me wrong, it is IMO the 4th best ComicBook movie behind TDK, TDKR and The Avengers. But TDK and TDKR were just on another level. No Batman film will ever reach TDK IMO. That was Batman at his best.

#25 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine are in release order.

#26 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

1 = Dark Knight/Dark Knight Rises both have pros and cons so overall couldn't decide betweens the 2 what was better

3 = Batman Begins First film origin so you can't blame it for not being as good as the other 2 still a excellent film

#27 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

Burton'f films especially the first one were good and excellent if you compare them to Schumacher's films but are dwarfed by the greatness of Nolans films. Hopefully the next person to do them apparently in lead up or to tie-in with a JLA film will not ruin it like Schumacher did after half descent films

#28 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

I for one liked the first two Burton films better than any of the Nolan ones.

#29 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

No. Though I agree Batman Returns was pretty lame. The first Batman was a damn good movie.

#30 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

1. The Dark Knight Rises

2. The Dark Knight

3. Batman Begins

@comicdude23 said:

The 1989 Batman is much better than Nolan's entire trilogy.

#31 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Rises, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight.

#32 Posted by ComicStooge (9725 posts) - - Show Bio

1) TDKR 2) TDK 3) BB

#33 Posted by ssejllenrad (12783 posts) - - Show Bio

Rises

Knight

Begins

#34 Posted by Onemoreposter (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Begins was the best. Nolan was into it. He really loved that film and introduced Batman in a new universe we hadn't quite seen prior. He introduce Scarecrow and the Demon's Head, two villains we'd never seen on film before, and in a nigh perfect "modernized" way. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can still remember how freakin struck I was walking out of the theater. I couldn't believe the spectacular fashion Batman cinema had come back to us.

The Dark Knight: it was a great follow up. Nolan had debateably, the overall fan favorite villain to work with, and great guy to play the role to boot. I love the film, but it didn't really leave me in the "awe" that begins did.

Rises: it was cool. We all wanted more Batman and Nolan didn't make a bad film in any sense. However, it wasn't the movie he wanted to make. Heath's tragic death through everything out of wack. Nolan was adamant that this was to be the last film in the series, I think particularly because of the fact that he could no longer do the follow up story he had planned after Dark Knight. He did well. There was lot's of fan service, lots of epic moments, but compared to the other two i felt it was rushed and didn't quite have the love or enthusiasm as it's predecessors.

Thats my two cents.

#35 Posted by ssejllenrad (12783 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: So you think the Joker would have had an appearance on the third had Heath not died?

#36 Posted by Onemoreposter (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Absolutely. I believe he would have been one the most highly profiled characters in the movie if not for the death of Ledger.

#37 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: the batman movies in the order they appeared (3rd was crap compared to the rest). and burton had the best batman ever. keaton was and shall always be the best batman. that guy was scary when he smilled.

#38 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@comicdude23: the batman movies in the order they appeared (3rd was crap compared to the rest). and burton had the best batman ever. keaton was and shall always be the best batman. that guy was scary when he smilled.

Keaton was slow and couldn't fight. He wasn't Batman or anything like him.

@Chronus said:

1. The Dark Knight Rises

2. The Dark Knight

3. Batman Begins

@comicdude23 said:

The 1989 Batman is much better than Nolan's entire trilogy.

No chance. It was okay but compared to Nolan's they have no chance.

#39 Edited by johnkmccubbin91 (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing i didnt like about the last film was

The way he added Robin as detective Blakes first name it would be better just giving him a name of one of the Robins plus he said hed never add Robin after that I kind off wish he kept to that
#40 Posted by Gearhead (17 posts) - - Show Bio

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman Begins

3. The Dark Knight Rises

#41 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio

1. The Dark Knight Rises

2. Dark Knight

3. Batman Begins

4. Inception

#42 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. TDK
  2. BB
  3. TDKR
#43 Posted by Billy Batson (56951 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would I name Burton movies in a Nolan thread?
And some are choosing Begins over TDK and TDKR? Are you flipping kidding me?
BB

#44 Posted by teamextrodinary15 (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, and then Batman Begins. But idk between TDK or TDKR

#45 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing is TDK and TDKR are totally different despite being in the same trilogy. TDK is gritty and realistic (well not so realistic as he bends a double barrel shotgun, has sonar tech and grapples a plane). But TDK was more centred around Joker and the Mafia, The Joker psychologically breaks Batman and the mob are alot more involved in this. They're not supervillians their real bad guys. The tone of the film was very dark and all that ninja stuff in BB was all left behind, TDK was more of a crime thriller and took the franchise into a new direction from BB. TDKR ends where it all began, the mob are gone and the villain is a mad-muscle man who wears a stupid mask and creates the League of Shadows underground. He's not believable at all, Batman is gone for 8 years and suddenly comes back very early on in the film. A catburgular gets mad Kung Fu skills which aren't even explained. TDKR was still very enjoyable and I liked the new tone, but it's completely different from TDK.

#46 Posted by War Killer (19500 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that if you were going to watch the whole trilogy then the third was the best because it ties everything together, takes the whole story of Bruce's journey as Batman, and ends perfectly. But if you were simply looking for an epic Batman movie that has all the elements of the Batman mythos, then I think The Dark Knight was the best as it had pretty much everything a Batman fan would want for the character.

#47 Posted by Altarbo (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I think Batman Returns will probably stand up better than Batman over time, though. 89 Batman was pretty awesome, but from now on it'll get compared to TDK. Returns was so damn weird, that there' really no other bat-movie to judge it against.

#48 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK(9)

Batman Begins(8.5)

TDKR(8)

#49 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR

TDK

Begins

It's really close and hard to pick between Rises and DK. I think some more time to evaluate and rewatch is still necessary on my part.

#50 Edited by Holuntron (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Begins is the greatest Batman movie of all time, in my opinion. The Dark Knight is great too, but just not as great. Not nearly. I actually did not much care for The Dark Knight Rises actually, though.

And I personally do not think the Burton films were garbage at all. They may be different, but that is it. They are just different. I think they are just as good as the Nolan ones at times, and I would rank the first one above Rises, at least. Just because they are not what you may be used to or personally enjoy does not mean they are garbage.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.